inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Recess

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 2:35 pm

Did anyone watch this 1997-2001 cartoon? I thought it was really good, especially considering 1995-2001 were my elementary school years.

Subject: Re: Recess

Written By: audkal on 05/26/06 at 9:18 pm

Oh definitely....I remember watching/taping the very first episode on One Saturday Morning (My brothers kept telling me not to tape it and I was like "Hello!  It's called One Saturday Morning....it's only going to be on once!"  LOL....then I think it lasted like 3 years.)

I still watched Recess when it was in re-runs, it was a pretty enjoyable show.

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/06 at 9:17 pm

Oh definitely....I remember watching/taping the very first episode on One Saturday Morning (My brothers kept telling me not to tape it and I was like "Hello!  It's called One Saturday Morning....it's only going to be on once!"  LOL....then I think it lasted like 3 years.)

I still watched Recess when it was in re-runs, it was a pretty enjoyable show.

Recess, Weekenders and Pepper Ann are my favorites!!!  Should I worry that I am 38 with no kids but find these shows entertaining?

Written By: xtine on 06/02/06 at 9:36 pm

Recess, Weekenders and Pepper Ann are my favorites!!!  Should I worry that I am 38 with no kids but find these shows entertaining?

i remember liking "recess" and "pepper ann," but i can't remember what "weekenders" was...i think that was more my brother's time. ;)

Written By: audkal on 06/02/06 at 10:46 pm

Also loved PepperAnn!  And don't worry, my mom liked it, and she was 41 when it first came on, lol.

The Weekenders was good, it was actually on a few years later (maybe early 00s), here's a screencap:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/SeXiStWaBeRrIeS/cartoon%20pics/weekenders_poster_arcade.jpg

Wasn't one of my favorites, but it was a hell of a lot better than any of the ABC sat. morning shows now!

Check for new replies or respond here...