inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alanis Morissette - The Early Years

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/06 at 1:31 pm

In 1995, Alanis Morissette had her breakthrough with the album "Jagged Little Pill", what you might not know is that here in Canada, she had already been a success prior to this ...

In the early 90's, she released two albums:  Alanis (1991) and Now is the Time (1992), and scored several dance-pop hits Canada-wide.  As well, she made a cameo appearance as herself in the low-budget Canadian film "Anything For Love" starring Corey Haim and Nicole Eggert

http://www.alanis-morissette.com/jam_lyrics/alanis/jam_alanis_CD_cover.gif http://www.alanis-morissette.com/smnitt.jpg

Here's a few of her early Canadian Hits.  Click one to see the video :)

1991 - Too Hot
1991 - Feel Your Love
1991 - Walk Away

Subject: Re: Alanis Morissette - The Early Years

Written By: woops on 06/05/06 at 3:09 pm

If Alanis was popular in the US as a teen queen, "Jagged Little Pill" might've been a flop and the public would still think of her as her former image. Unfortunately, that would be true.

Though I know she was on the '80's kids' sketch comedy show  "You Can't Do This On Television"/

Written By: nally on 06/05/06 at 3:28 pm

In 1995, Alanis Morissette had her breakthrough with the album "Jagged Little Pill", what you might not know is that here in Canada, she had already been a success prior to this ...

In the early 90's, she released two albums:  Alanis (1991) and Now is the Time (1992), and scored several dance-pop hits Canada-wide.  As well, she made a cameo appearance as herself in the low-budget movie Canadian film "Anything For Love" starring Corey Haim and Nicole Eggert

http://www.alanis-morissette.com/jam_lyrics/alanis/jam_alanis_CD_cover.gif http://www.alanis-morissette.com/smnitt.jpg

Here's a few of her early Canadian Hits.  Click one to see the video :)

1991 - Too Hot
1991 - Feel Your Love
1991 - Walk Away

In the words of Arte Johnson...verry eenteresting. ;) :o I had no idea that she entered the music scene prior to Jagged Little Pill.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/05/06 at 3:35 pm

Weird she used to do dance music.

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 06/05/06 at 3:41 pm

In a way that Hanson is now a generic pop rock droup  ::) :P Still sstinl gym socks...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/06 at 4:03 pm

oh wow...I bet she would just die, knowing that these videos are out there for everyone to see. I mean, her image has changed SO much...it's like a complete opposite!! She reminded me of a Paula Abdul kinda gal back then! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/05/06 at 6:16 pm

oh wow...I bet she would just die, knowing that these videos are out there for everyone to see. I mean, her image has changed SO much...it's like a complete opposite!! She reminded me of a Paula Abdul kinda gal back then! ;)

In interviews, she has said that she won't allow these CD's to be re-issued, so they are officially deletes.  These were Canadian only releases, so I'm betting she thinks that she might lose some of her fans, if the world outside of Canada found out that she wasn't always alternative.

Oh well, thanks to this thread, YouTube, and many Alanis websites out there, it's too late for that.  The truth is out :D

I was a big fan of her during this period.  I still have the cassette single for "Too Hot"

Written By: Eac Zeffron on 06/05/06 at 8:17 pm

Maybe Ashley Tisdale will evolve into an emo rocker  ::) :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/06 at 8:22 pm

In interviews, she has said that she won't allow these CD's to be re-issued, so they are officially deletes.  These were Canadian only releases, so I'm betting she thinks that she might lose some of her fans, if the world outside of Canada found out that she wasn't always alternative.

Oh well, thanks to this thread, YouTube, and many Alanis websites out there, it's too late for that.  The truth is out :D

I was a big fan of her during this period.  I still have the cassette single for "Too Hot"

she certainly looks different now then she did back then!  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/06 at 8:23 pm

I've seen the clips of her competeting on Star Search with Ed Mcmahon. Alanis is one of my favorite performers, she rocks.  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...