inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help finding a song please!

Written By: audkal on 06/10/06 at 7:02 pm

This one's really tough because I don't really know any words to it....

Well it's a song in a minor key, it is sung by a woman, the song starts out her going:

"Do do do do
do do do...do
do do do do do do do"

After the "do's" she starts singing words (can't remember any of them), but she's singing them with the same melody that she did for the "do's".  It came out maybe '97 or '98(?)

If anyone has ANY idea please post!

Thanks!  :)

Subject: Re: Help finding a song please!

Written By: whistledog on 06/10/06 at 8:55 pm

The only song that comes to mind was the early 90's hit "Tom's Diner" by DNA featuring Suzanne Vega.  It has a Do do part similar to what you describe

Hope this helps :)

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/11/06 at 1:11 am

The only song that comes to mind was the early 90's hit "Tom's Diner" by DNA featuring Suzanne Vega.  It has a Do do part similar to what you describe

Hope this helps :)

I think you're right there, Jason, although that song dates from 1990.

Just in case: if it's not Tom's Diner, it might be "Ode To My Family" by the Cranberries (1995), which would fit the time frame a little more.

Written By: audkal on 06/11/06 at 8:56 pm

Dude!  It IS Tom's Diner!  I had no idea the song was that old!  But it's the right one, thanks so much!

Written By: whistledog on 06/11/06 at 8:58 pm

I think you're right there, Jason, although that song dates from 1990.

It does yes.  The original version appears on Suzanne's 1987 album "Solitude Standing :)

Dude!  It IS Tom's Diner!  I had no idea the song was that old!  But it's the right one, thanks so much!

Glad I could be of help :)

Check for new replies or respond here...