inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who remembers the cartoon ReBoot?

Written By: Tam on 06/12/06 at 2:29 pm

http://image.allmusic.com/13/adg/cov200/drt400/t412/t41260hxdrb.jpg

This cartoon was about the inner part of a computer and guardian software.
3-D animation was spectacular.

Synopsis:
The extraordinary adventures of life within a computer, as depicted in one of the world's first totally-computer-generated series. The mouth-watering animation, riotous humour, infinitely-variable action and scenery, and intelligent use of every computer reference known, combine to produce a stunning universe where good constantly fights the forces of evil. Dot Matrix and her brother Enzo, plus thousands of friendly binomes, live in Mainframe, which is plagued by viruses Megabyte and sister strain Hexadecimal. Guardian Bob is sent from the Net to protect them, and soon makes it his home. Together, they must prevent Megabyte from taking control of all the systems. As an added complication, games being played by the mystical User invade the system regularly, and must be defeated, or else portions of the city are laid waste... this gives us a chance to see every genre of video-game ever conceived, from the point of view of the characters! When Megabyte finally manages to banish Bob, Enzo takes over as the city's Guardian, but things will never be quite the same...

I know I can't be the only one to remember this cartton. It ran from 1994-2001.
Was it however, only aired in Canada???

Subject: Re: Who remembers the cartoon ReBoot?

Written By: whistledog on 06/12/06 at 2:35 pm

I do remember this cartoon.  It was fantastic.  They still show it sometimes on YTV 8)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/12/06 at 2:52 pm

I do.

Written By: Bobby on 06/12/06 at 4:43 pm

I do remember it, though I only watched it occassionally (it was about the time I stopped watching Children's ITV on the telly).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/12/06 at 8:01 pm

I sure do. I used to watch it on Cartoon Network's Toonami in the late '90s.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/12/06 at 9:14 pm

I remember it.

Written By: Derek06 on 06/12/06 at 9:17 pm

I remember that, too.  I used to watch that and Jonny Quest in Toonami on Cartoon Network.  ;D

Written By: audkal on 06/12/06 at 11:25 pm

Yes!  We still have a couple episodes that we taped in like '95.  My bros and I thought the graphics were SOOOO cool at the time!  LOL.

Check for new replies or respond here...