inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spin Doctors

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/14/06 at 4:58 pm

This was a group who had a few minor hits around 1992-1993 with "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" and "Two Princes" I wasn't too keen on these songs when they charted, but now when I hear them from time to time, they bring memories back of those days. What did you all think of them when they came out compared to today, some 14 years later?

Subject: Re: Spin Doctors

Written By: WalkerP20 on 06/14/06 at 6:04 pm

"Two Princes" was not a Minor Hit, it was a Huge Hit around the Spring of 1993.  Even according to the Radio Airplay Charts, it was the most played song of 1993

I loved both of those songs and "Two Princes" is easily one of my favorite songs of all time.  I consider it the '90s song

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/14/06 at 6:09 pm

"Two Princes" was not a Minor Hit, it was a Huge Hit around the Spring of 1993.  Even according to the Radio Airplay Charts, it was the most played song of 1993

I loved both of those songs and "Two Princes" is easily one of my favorite songs of all time.  I consider it the '90s song

I guess to me they were "minor" because they were not my all time favorite songs from that decade. According to Billboards Top 100 in 1993, Two Princes ranked #28.

Just because it got a lot of airplay doesn't mean it's a great song.  ;D

Written By: WalkerP20 on 06/14/06 at 6:20 pm

I guess to me they were "minor" because they were not my all time favorite songs from that decade. According to Billboards Top 100 in 1993, Two Princes ranked #28.

I never said that's why I thought it was a great song.  Are you trying to insult my intelligence?

I happen to think it's a great song because it is a great song.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/14/06 at 6:22 pm

I never said that's why I thought it was a great song.  Are you trying to insult my intelligence?

I happen to think it's a great song because it is a great song.

I'm not insulting you.  :(

People just have different opinions. You think it's great - I think it's just so-so. Nothing wrong with that.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/14/06 at 9:58 pm

Two Princes was the only one I know. An average song, hence why I hadn't bothered to check out anything else by Spin Doctors.

Written By: audkal on 06/14/06 at 10:11 pm

I LOVED "Two Princes" back then!  Actually I still love it.....there was an embarrassing thing I did when I was like 5 or 6 and my brother helped me call up a radio station so I could request TP....though I didn't know the name of the song at the time (or the group's name) so I had to SING IT to the radio guy, lol, he didn't really know what I was singing so I just hung up 'cause I was so embarrassed, hehe.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/14/06 at 11:07 pm

I liked "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" first time I heard it (I believe on VH1, which was my main intro to new music at the time). That's sort of what I'd call a happy alternative rock song. Kinda '80s updated but new from a 1992 perspective as well. In fact, that whole album has some pretty good songs on it too.

I always KNEW of "Two Princes" but didn't know it was them until years later. Good one too.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 06/15/06 at 10:51 am

spin doctors had a huge hit to me was two princes it played early to mid 90's on the radio station

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/15/06 at 12:27 pm

Two Princes was a great song. I loved it. Little Miss Can't Be Wrong was another great one that got overlooked by Two Princes  :(. They were a great jam band that many weren't aware of.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/06 at 3:07 pm

"Two Princes" was also in the Mike Myers movie "So I Married An Ax Murderer."
Its popularity continued right into 1995, which was unfortunate for those of us who couldn't stand the song. I wasn't sad to see Spin Doctors' 15 minutes of fame run out!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/15/06 at 3:09 pm

"Two Princes" was also in the Mike Myers movie "So I Married An Ax Murderer."
Its popularity continued right into 1995, which was unfortunate for those of us who couldn't stand the song. I wasn't sad to see Spin Doctors' 15 minutes of fame run out!

I guess you and I are the only two who feel the same way about their music. It's just OK, nothing to write home about. Ahh, I think I do remember hearing the song in that movie. I've seen it a few times.

Written By: whistledog on 06/15/06 at 8:59 pm

Back in the day, Two Princes was one of my favourite songs.  I bought the cassette single, and even the "Pocket Full of Kryptonite" cassette tape.  Spin Doctors did have other minor hits, which I liked, but they couldn't match the greatness of Two Princes

Check for new replies or respond here...