inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Belle and Sebastian

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/22/06 at 6:23 am

Subject: Re: Belle and Sebastian

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/22/06 at 12:39 pm

Are you a fan, James? On one hand you seem to be calling it 'Hipster music', but you do seem to talk about them alot...

I don't think I can really call myself a true 'fan' as such. I've only got one complete album - 1996's Tigermilk (I believe their debut) which I like. I especially like the pop friendly 'She's Losing It', the stand-out electronica dreamscape 'Electronic Renaissance', and 'I Don't Love Anyone.' I've been meaning to check out their latest albums, and was very dissapointed I narrowly missed seeing them here in June. Ah well, next time...

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/22/06 at 7:15 pm

Are you a fan, James? On one hand you seem to be calling it 'Hipster music', but you do seem to talk about them alot...

I don't think I can really call myself a true 'fan' as such. I've only got one complete album - 1996's Tigermilk (I believe their debut) which I like. I especially like the pop friendly 'She's Losing It', the stand-out electronica dreamscape 'Electronic Renaissance', and 'I Don't Love Anyone.' I've been meaning to check out their latest albums, and was very dissapointed I narrowly missed seeing them here in June. Ah well, next time...

I'm a fan...though I admit it's hipster music, it's not bad hipster music. Buy everything else they've done except Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/23/06 at 4:17 am

I'm a fan...though I admit it's hipster music, it's not bad hipster music. Buy everything else they've done except Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant.

I will...Just so much music out there I need to explore. What artists do you think have a similar sound to B&S (and don't say the Beatles  :D).

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/23/06 at 6:05 pm

I will...Just so much music out there I need to explore. What artists do you think have a similar sound to B&S (and don't say the Beatles  :D).

Hmmm.....

Petula Clark. Donovan. Nick Drake.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/23/06 at 6:46 pm

I'll send you "The Boy with the Arab Strap" for "Tigermilk"...

I love "Family Tree".. the song.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/24/06 at 12:15 pm

Ahh good old Belle and Sebastian, ripped off their name from the 1960's French childrens programme of the same name Belle and Sebastian, about a little kid who went on adventures with his Pyrannean mountain dog Belle.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/24/06 at 1:10 pm

Ahh good old Belle and Sebastian, ripped off their name from the 1960's French childrens programme of the same name Belle and Sebastian, about a little kid who went on adventures with his Pyrannean mountain dog Belle.

Except the French name was Belle Et Sebastian... with an accent mark over the E in Et!

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/24/06 at 6:17 pm

Except the French name was Belle Et Sebastian... with an accent mark over the E in Et!

How was their latest album? I'm thinking of purchasing it.

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/24/06 at 6:55 pm

How was their latest album? I'm thinking of purchasing it.

:/ Haven't heard it. But I REALLY want their fourth album.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/24/06 at 9:39 pm

:/ Haven't heard it. But I REALLY want their fourth album.

Dear Catastrophe Waitress?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/24/06 at 9:56 pm

Dear Catastrophe Waitress?

I think that's an EP collection. It's "Fold your Hand Child, you Walk like a Peasant".

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/24/06 at 10:03 pm

I think that's an EP collection. It's "Fold your Hand Child, you Walk like a Peasant".

DCW was a studio album...and a great one!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/27/06 at 12:42 pm

Not in the UK Dom,  anyways they're still garbage    ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/27/06 at 12:50 pm

Not in the UK Dom,  anyways they're still garbage    ;D

D= Garbage??

... Garbage?

Written By: Apricot on 06/27/06 at 12:52 pm

Minus a few absolutely amazing tracks, Belle and Sebastian are.. Oh God, I hate them so much.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/27/06 at 2:39 pm

D= Garbage??

... Garbage?

I'm only joking..  btw I LOVE your new grinning calf avatar it's sooooo sweet and purdy    :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/27/06 at 7:27 pm

I'm only joking..  btw I LOVE your new grinning calf avatar it's sooooo sweet and purdy    :)

Thanks! It's gone, now.

Check for new replies or respond here...