inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I slowly losing my mind or were there 'custom' eggos?

Written By: nerd on 06/22/06 at 8:50 am

Have I completely lost it or did they use to have commercials for Eggo waffles where they had random shaped blobs around the edges so that you could 'identify' 'your' own personal Eggo?  This was all part of the 'Leggo my Eggo' campaign.  I'm not sure if this was in the 80s or 90s
Please, someone else tell me they remember this.  My wife (who remembers every commercial she ever saw) thinks I'm nuts.

Subject: Re: Am I slowly losing my mind or were there 'custom' eggos?

Written By: nerd on 06/23/06 at 8:06 am

I guess I am crazy.  Before I commit myself, maybe I'll post this over in the 80s forum. Perhaps I am remembering the wrong decade.

Written By: nally on 06/24/06 at 11:48 pm

I don't know about "Custom" Eggos, but I do remember an Eggo product called "Eggo Mini's", which were 1/4th the size of standard Eggo waffles. Around 1992 or so I remember them being advertised.

Written By: nerd on 07/06/06 at 12:13 pm

These were definitely supposed to have some kind of identifying attribute to them;  the kids would 'prove' who's eggo was whose based on the pattern around the sides... at least that's how I remember it

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...