inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/05/06 at 12:59 am

I happen to think they were one of (if not THE best) Rap  group of the '90s.  They were very consistant and always had somewhat of a "cult" following.  I don't think they were ever disliked (Like certain Rappers or Groups are these days)

I remember they were the first rap group I ever liked.  A friend of mine from school one day in Late 1994 gave me his Bone Thugs-N-Harmony cassette and I took it home and listened to it non stop (This was before they became popular and mainstream).  I remember sitting outside by the creek listening to "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" over and over again  ;D

Then they hit it huge when they released their 2nd Album in July 1995.  "1st of Tha Month" was, at the time, the Coolest rap song ever.  Everybody loved that hit.  And then in the Summer of '96 they had a #1 hit with "Tha Crossroads" which is one of the Greatest rap songs ever.

They also had another big hit in the Summer of '97 with "Look Into My Eyes" (from the "Batman & Robin" Soundtrack) and why it was on that Soundtrack, I have no idea, but it was a Great song though.

Also, the very first CD I ever got was their double disc "Art of War" album released in 1997.  One of my favorites of all time.

They had the little Spice Girls thing going with their individual names though  ;D  There was Bizzy Bone, Krazy Bone, Lazy Bone, Wish Bone and Flesh-N-Bone (Catchy names, lol)

What did you guys think of them?  And do you have a favorite song of theirs?

Subject: Re: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Written By: audkal on 07/05/06 at 2:37 pm

I only knew "1st of Tha Month" and "Tha Crossroads".  I liked TC better....I taped it off the radio in '96, so I listened to it a lot.  One of my brothers said that 1stOTM would be a good song to program to your alarm clock for a "wake up song", lol. 

Yeah, Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony are one of the few rap groups I can tolerate.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/05/06 at 3:51 pm

I loved them. My fave? "Thug Love" with Tupac.

Written By: nally on 07/09/06 at 10:26 pm

I only knew "1st of Tha Month" and "Tha Crossroads".

Same here. I was a sophomore in high school when those songs came out.

Interesting how both song titles have the word "Tha" in them...which most likely means "The".. ::)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 07/11/06 at 3:30 am

I liked them.  :)

The first time I heard of them was Crossroads. I also really liked If I could Teach the World, though Crossroads  would likely be considered my favorite.

I just enjoyed listening to them--they sounded so different from everybody else at the time. I have never really liked most 'rap', but Bone Thugs were definitely an exception.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...