inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Aimee Mann

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/05/06 at 8:05 pm

Subject: Re: Aimee Mann

Written By: whistledog on 07/05/06 at 8:16 pm

This is a section for artist bios and their albums/videos, so in future reference, please include more than an ellipsis when you start topics here 

Back on topic ...

The only Aimee Mann songs that I like are the ones she did with 'Til Tuesday.  I was never a fan, but "Voices Carry" was quite catchy :)

I remember the fuss over 'Til Tuesday because that one male guitarist in the band looked like a woman ;D

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/05/06 at 9:01 pm

The only Aimee Mann songs that I like are the ones she did with 'Til Tuesday.  I was never a fan, but "Voices Carry" was quite catchy :)

I remember the fuss over 'Til Tuesday because that one male guitarist in the band looked like a woman ;D

;D

I like 'Til Tuesday's "Looking Over My Shoulder".  :)

I don't know much about Ms. Mann's solo work as I should but I've always liked what I've heard.  Me girlfriend is a big fan. :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/05/06 at 9:30 pm

The song she's had anything to do with that I've heard is "Voices Carry" when she was with 'Til Tuesday.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/06/06 at 6:22 pm

The song she's had anything to do with that I've heard is "Voices Carry" when she was with 'Til Tuesday.

You've never heard "Save Me" from 1999's Magnolia? Definitely her most successful solo song, though I think Whatever (1993) and I'm With Stupid (1996) are her best solo albums. She's an amazing lyricist, quite adept...

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/07/06 at 1:54 am

I like Dear John, Humpty Dumpty, Pavlov's Bell, and of course.. One, even if it's a cover.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/07/06 at 2:16 am

I like Dear John, Humpty Dumpty, Pavlov's Bell, and of course.. One, even if it's a cover.

You should listen to the first three solo albums, they're far better than the '00s stuff.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/07/06 at 11:01 am

You should listen to the first three solo albums, they're far better than the '00s stuff.

My dad has "I'm With Stupid", I can always hear that...

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/07/06 at 12:58 pm

My dad has "I'm With Stupid", I can always hear that...

That's definitely my favorite album of hers. I listened to it over and over again after a major crisis in my life...it's the absolute best break-up album ever.

Check for new replies or respond here...