inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Song 2" by Blur (1997)

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/06/06 at 3:45 pm

What does everyone think of this Song?  I still remember being at a Pool Party in the Summer of 1997 and the Music Video for it came on MTV and we about tore down the house rocking to it  ;D

The funny thing about it is that it's basically a "Joke" song.  It was meant to mock the Rock Groups of the '90s by making a Hard Rocking song as the #2 track on the Album (Like most rock albums would save their hardest/best rock song for #2 on an album).  I mean, Blur's other music sounds nothing like "Song 2", but for a group who isn't "Hard Rock", they sure made a hell of a rocking hit with "Song 2"  8)

Here's the "ever-so great" Music Video for it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXFa39d1YQU

Subject: Re: "Song 2" by Blur (1997)

Written By: Paul on 07/06/06 at 3:57 pm

I think it gained more fame being used as a music 'bed' for football...(i.e., it'd be playing in the background while brief snippets of a match was being shown...)

Written By: MtOlivePickles on 07/06/06 at 5:05 pm

I honestly didn't know who sang this song, or that it was actually a real song, until last year. I just thought some ad company had invented it for "extreme" commercial purposes. :o You can make fun of me for that, if you want.

Written By: nally on 07/06/06 at 10:03 pm

I honestly didn't know who sang this song, or that it was actually a real song, until last year. I just thought some ad company had invented it for "extreme" commercial purposes. :o You can make fun of me for that, if you want.

I remember the instrumental intro being used in a car commercial in summer 2000. That's before I knew who it was by and what it was called...and when it came out.

Written By: bbigd04 on 07/06/06 at 10:05 pm

I remember the instrumental intro being used in a car commercial in summer 2000. That's before I knew who it was by and what it was called...and when it came out.

Yeah I've definitely known this song for a while, only recently have I found out the title and artist.

Written By: nally on 07/06/06 at 10:44 pm

Yeah I've definitely known this song for a while, only recently have I found out the title and artist.

I think it was sometime around 2001 when I finally found out the title and artist as well. Sometime before that I'd heard it in its entirety but didn't know anything about it. It's like that with lots of songs I hear over time.

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/06 at 11:20 pm

IT was a good song, but not Blur's best.  I loved "Country House" and "Crazy Beat"

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/08/06 at 1:18 pm

WOO-HOO!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: Ebontyne on 07/08/06 at 10:13 pm

I distinctly remember the first time I heard the song and saw the video, for some reason, c. 1997. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...