inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with a song please...

Written By: audkal on 07/08/06 at 10:29 pm

The only part of the song I know is the chorus which goes:

"I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you baby....
yeah baby"

It's a woman singing, and the song is in a major key.

If anyone knows or even thinks they know please post!  :)

Subject: Re: Help with a song please...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/08/06 at 10:45 pm

Fun Factory - I Wanna Be With You

Written By: audkal on 07/08/06 at 11:07 pm

Ahh!  That's it!!  I'm off you give you some Karma!  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/08/06 at 11:13 pm

Ahh!  That's it!!  I'm off you give you some Karma!  ;D

No problem!  Glad I could help.  And thanks.  :)

Written By: nally on 07/08/06 at 11:39 pm

Ah yes, I know that song very well. It came out about ten years ago and I found it catchy at the time...despite the repetition.

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/06 at 11:56 pm

Man, I used to be a BIG Fun Factory fan back in the day.  I still have the CD-Singles of "Close to You" and "Take Your Chance"

Written By: nally on 07/08/06 at 11:58 pm

Man, I used to be a BIG Fun Factory fan back in the day.  I still have the CD-Singles of "Close to You" and "Take Your Chance"

I remember "Close To You" from 1995 or so. I enjoyed "I Wanna Be With You", though...occasionally I'll play the midi. :D

Where was that group from, btw? ???

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/06 at 2:25 am

I remember "Close To You" from 1995 or so. I enjoyed "I Wanna Be With You", though...occasionally I'll play the midi. :D

Where was that group from, btw? ???

Fun Factory were German :)

Here's a little trivia:  Marie-Anett Mey, the replacement lead singer of Fun Factory began her career in a dance group called Darkness, who were known for a massive 1994 club hit called "In My Dreams"

Written By: djunlimited on 07/09/06 at 6:26 pm

Here's a little trivia:  Marie-Anett Mey, the replacement lead singer of Fun Factory began her career in a dance group called Darkness, who were known for a massive 1994 club hit called "In My Dreams"

Is that song the one with these lyrics:  ??
all we wanted was each other, you turned out to be my greatest lover. Although we apart i know i'll see you tonight. I'll stay with you in my dreams...
Its got this dark minor key structure and it sounds a bit like Lords of Acid music, but with much different vocalizations to say the least.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/06 at 6:29 pm

Is that song the one with these lyrics:  ??
all we wanted was each other, you turned out to be my greatest lover. Although we apart i know i'll see you tonight. I'll stay with you in my dreams...
Its got this dark minor key structure and it sounds a bit like Lords of Acid music, but with much different vocalizations to say the least.

No, Darkness were more of a poppy dance group like Snap! or Real McCoy

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/09/06 at 8:55 pm

The only part of the song I know is the chorus which goes:

"I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you baby....
yeah baby"

It's a woman singing, and the song is in a major key.

If anyone knows or even thinks they know please post!  :)

Yeah, like the previous posters said, it's "I Wanna B With U" by Fun Factory.  It peaked at #15 on the Airplay chart on September 23rd, 1995 - http://www.rockonthenet.com/archive/1995/09-23.htm

Written By: nally on 07/09/06 at 9:28 pm

Hmmm, didn't know that. Thanks for the tidbits! O0

Written By: djunlimited on 07/10/06 at 12:07 am

No, Darkness were more of a poppy dance group like Snap! or Real McCoy

If the song im thinking about is by Darkness, then it could be compared to Snap or Real McCoy which most of their songs were major key, upbeat and happy. In my dreams has this sorta creepy, but cool minor key synthesizer sound, not exactly as happy.
Dont you drop me my life is in your hands, but if you do, i won't make no demands...I'll stay with you in my dreams...The song reminds me so much of songs like Dreamer Dream(your fantasy) by code Red,  Float in a dream of XTc by FIre on high, or violet skies by Phantasia.
I just got thru looking thru my backtracks, the track im thinking of is by Darkness, its on Serious Beats Volume One. ANyone have a clue where i could find a version longer than the radio edit i have of it?
I certainly didnt know that the singer in that song was later in Fun Factory. Interesting cuz i also liked Fun Factory and still have the cd Close to you and the 12 inch of I wanna be with you. Gonna have to give those a listen again..should bring back some memories.

Written By: whistledog on 07/10/06 at 12:46 am

If the song im thinking about is by Darkness, then it could be compared to Snap or Real McCoy which most of their songs were major key, upbeat and happy. In my dreams has this sorta creepy, but cool minor key synthesizer sound, not exactly as happy.
Dont you drop me my life is in your hands, but if you do, i won't make no demands...I'll stay with you in my dreams...The song reminds me so much of songs like Dreamer Dream(your fantasy) by code Red,  Float in a dream of XTc by FIre on high, or violet skies by Phantasia.
I just got thru looking thru my backtracks, the track im thinking of is by Darkness, its on Serious Beats Volume One. ANyone have a clue where i could find a version longer than the radio edit i have of it?
I certainly didnt know that the singer in that song was later in Fun Factory. Interesting cuz i also liked Fun Factory and still have the cd Close to you and the 12 inch of I wanna be with you. Gonna have to give those a listen again..should bring back some memories.

Here is a sound clip ...

In My Dreams - Darkness

Check for new replies or respond here...