inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Going back in time to 1991, like Back to the Future

Written By: Satish on 07/14/06 at 12:36 pm

You remember in the first Back to the Future movie when Marty goes back in time from 1985 to 1955 and he meets Doc and has to convince him that he's from the future? Doc asks him who the president is in 1985, and when Marty says it's Ronald Reagan, Doc doesn't believe him since Reagan's just an actor in 1955.

Well, I was just thinking what that scene would be like if Marty went back in time 15 years from today(the year 2006) to 1991, instead.

Doc: So you're from the year 2006, huh? Well, then who's the president?
Marty: George Bush.
Doc: What? George Bush? But he's the president now.
Marty: No, not him. His son.
Doc: Oh yeah, right. You really expect me to believe that? Next thing, you'll be telling me that Arnold Schwarzenegger's the vice president.
Marty: No, Schwarzenegger's not the vice president. He's the governor of California.

;D

OK, I'm probably the only one who thinks that's funny....

Subject: Re: Going back in time to 1991, like Back to the Future

Written By: Roadgeek on 07/14/06 at 1:19 pm

I actually wrote a script similar to that. My friend Dillon from 2004 travels back in time to 1994. Here's an exerpt from it. Dillon's like Marty and Billy (Me) is like Doc.

Billy: Okay, who

Written By: Donnie Darko on 07/14/06 at 3:16 pm

Marty: Do you have an Internet cafe here?
Doc: Internet? That's so technical.
Marty: Expect a lot of Internet and cafes.

;D

Written By: Roadgeek on 07/14/06 at 3:29 pm

You guys are giving me a lot of ideas to stick in my movie. I'll let you all know when it's completely done. :)

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/03/06 at 2:35 pm

Now that 2015 is less than nine years away (and 1985 was 21 years ago), how close are we to any of the predictions of the movies?? Not bloody far if you ask me. If anything, we are closer to that "alternative 1985" in Back to the Future  II that Biff owned than the 2015 imagined in the movies.

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/03/06 at 2:40 pm

You remember in the first Back to the Future movie when Marty goes back in time from 1985 to 1955 and he meets Doc and has to convince him that he's from the future? Doc asks him who the president is in 1985, and when Marty says it's Ronald Reagan, Doc doesn't believe him since Reagan's just an actor in 1955.

Well, I was just thinking what that scene would be like if Marty went back in time 15 years from today(the year 2006) to 1991, instead.

Doc: So you're from the year 2006, huh? Well, then who's the president?
Marty: George Bush.
Doc: What? George Bush? But he's the president now.
Marty: No, not him. His son.
Doc: Oh yeah, right. You really expect me to believe that? Next thing, you'll be telling me that Arnold Schwarzenegger's the vice president.
Marty: No, Schwarzenegger's not the vice president. He's the governor of California.

;D

OK, I'm probably the only one who thinks that's funny....

Actually it is kinda funny..and the fact that "Bush Jr" is pres would have scared me in 1991, almost more than it scares me now (I was a wee teen of 14 in 1991 and already knew the Bush's were bad news). The line though in the movie, about Reagan being president in 1985 sounding absurd in 1955..is somewhat anachronistic. Reagan was already thinking politics by then and only eleven  years later in 1966, HE was elected governor of California. The line between being an entertainer and a politician is a very fine one. Also remember Sonny Bono, Jesse Ventura...Charles Barkley???!!!

Written By: The00sSuck on 08/04/06 at 9:12 pm

Now that 2015 is less than nine years away (and 1985 was 21 years ago), how close are we to any of the predictions of the movies?? Not bloody far if you ask me. If anything, we are closer to that "alternative 1985" in Back to the Future  II that Biff owned than the 2015 imagined in the movies.

Yeah no kidding......plenty of gunshots and graffiti, but no flying cars or hoverboards.

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/04/06 at 9:31 pm

I might have asked before, but would anyone like me to email you the scripts to my trilogy Back to the Future the Second? Here are the years that are in it and how they equal the years in the original trilogy.

1964=1885
1994=1955
2004=1985
2024=2015

Check for new replies or respond here...