inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "The Cranberries"

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/15/06 at 12:41 am

Their first album entitled "Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We" was released on April 20th, 1993.  It produced 2 hit singles, "Linger" and "Dreams"

Their first hit song was "Linger", which peaked at #8 on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart in America during January 1994.  The song obviously got them more noticed and their next hit single was "Dreams", which peaked around April 1994.

Then their next album was released on October 4th, 1994 which included their most popular hit "Zombie", which peaked at #1 on Billboard's Modern Rock Chart during December 1994.

They eventually had a couple of other Hits, like "Ode To My Family" from Mid 1995 and "Salvation" from 1996.

My personal favorite would have to be "Zombie", although "Linger" and "Dreams" are also very good songs.

Here is a little Music Video Collection  :)

(Linger - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7yZxPubdGI)
(Dreams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjav5ReExm8)
(Zombie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShJ8h7cEbE)

Anybody got a personal favorite song?

Subject: Re: "The Cranberries"

Written By: whistledog on 07/15/06 at 12:51 am

I really only liked "Dreams"

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/15/06 at 12:41 pm

Linger is a good song.

Written By: dj454s on 07/15/06 at 7:38 pm

I personally like "Dreams" -almost a timeless song.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/15/06 at 7:48 pm

Definitely Zombie. The song totally came out of left field. No one expected that from them. Its actually one of the best songs from 1994. It was a very bold and controversial song.

Written By: audkal on 07/15/06 at 9:00 pm

I like "Linger", "Dreams", and "Zombie", but I probably like Linger the best.

Written By: nally on 07/15/06 at 9:02 pm

I never cared for the way Dolores O'Riordan sounds...but I have actually listened to their songs "Dreams", "Linger", "Zombie" and "When You're Gone" all the way through. I actually don't mind "Zombie" for some reason.

Written By: whistledog on 07/15/06 at 9:42 pm

I never cared for the way Dolores O'Riordan sounds

Sometimes she can really sound like nails on a chalkboard.  When she sings soft songs like "Dreams", she sounds OK :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/15/06 at 10:52 pm

I loved this band. My faves are "Linger", "Dreams", and "Zombie".

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/16/06 at 8:53 pm

You know they redid "Go your own way" here a while back and although it's not the Mac Attack, it was still very very good.

Written By: lia on 07/17/06 at 1:04 pm

I liked Ode To My Family, I'm not sure what album it was realeased on, but I've got their Greatest Hits album from a few years back & it's on that x

Written By: nally on 07/17/06 at 3:31 pm

Sometimes she can really sound like nails on a chalkboard.  When she sings soft songs like "Dreams", she sounds OK :)

Then there's the jibberish singing at the end of that record (which goes on during the final minute or so). In '94, when it was a hit, it made me wanna change the station right away.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/18/06 at 12:41 pm

Then there's the jibberish singing at the end of that record (which goes on during the final minute or so). In '94, when it was a hit, it made me wanna change the station right away.

"La" there I translated it for you.  That's what they're sayin in all the jibberish. "La"

Written By: Criz on 07/18/06 at 4:37 pm

I used to really like them...I also got their Greatest Hits a few years back.

Dreams, Linger, Zombie and Promises were my favourite tracks.

Written By: Hakkinen on 07/19/06 at 6:01 am

I didnt realise they had so many good songs!! I like all the ones mentioned.

BTW - Linger is featured in the recent film "Click" - in a look back scene to the mid 90s.

Written By: P.E.D. on 08/03/06 at 1:45 pm

Listening to the Cranberries brings me back to some cool points in my life. Linger could be good in 1992 and good in 2006. I don't like ALL their songs, but their more popular ones I still listen to today.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 08/03/06 at 2:47 pm

I really enjoyed quite a few of the songs by The Cranberries, especially "Dreams" and "Zombie"...

Written By: bj26 on 08/04/06 at 6:43 am

I like Zombie but the yodeling part is kind of funny, 'in your head, in your head, ahheee aheee, etc.' :D

Check for new replies or respond here...