inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite "Caucasian" Rap Hit

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/21/06 at 4:07 am

Of the Major White Rappers of the 90's who had Hit Songs, which is your overall favorite?

So you all might be wondering why I put "What It's Like" by Everlast on the Poll.  Well technically it's still a Rap Song even if it has a more Country/Rock/Rap type of beat to it.  Plus, Everlast was the lead singer of "House of Pain", so I guess technically both "Jump Around" and "What It's Like" are by the same guy, so he's on the poll twice  8)

Subject: Re: Favorite "Caucasian" Rap Hit

Written By: Red Ant on 07/21/06 at 7:16 am

My vote is for other: "Pop Goes The Weasel" by 3rd Base.

Written By: whistledog on 07/21/06 at 10:51 am

My favourite was "Check the OR" by Organized Rhyme.  It was cheesy as hell, and was seen more as a comedy song, but I still loved it

My vote is for other: "Pop Goes The Weasel" by 3rd Base.

I remember that one.  Great song 8)

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/21/06 at 1:04 pm

None of those are Options on the Poll, which means those probably were not hits or ever charted.

I have noticed though that almost every poll i've seen on this board, people always answer with something that isn't even an option on the Poll.  What is up with that?  :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 07/21/06 at 1:38 pm

None of those are Options on the Poll, which means those probably were not hits or ever charted.

I have noticed though that almost every poll i've seen on this board, people always answer with something that isn't even an option on the Poll.  What is up with that?  :-\\

"Pop Goes the Weasel" by 3rd Bass was a big hit

You need to include the "other" option in polls.  There are many artists you left out such as:

Beastie Boys
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
Betty Boo and the Beatmasters
3rd Bass

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/21/06 at 6:10 pm

Informer

Written By: Davester on 07/21/06 at 6:27 pm

House of Pain - "Jump Around" from the list...

"Top O' The Morning To Ya" is better, though...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/21/06 at 6:37 pm

Hmmmmm, I hate rap music.  So none of them.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/21/06 at 8:00 pm

I chose "Jump Around" from this list.

I'm surprised there wasn't an "other" option nor was "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys on this poll.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/06 at 11:46 pm

None
Nada
Ziltch
Nothing

Written By: woops on 07/21/06 at 11:54 pm

"Jump Around"  8)

Written By: Davester on 07/22/06 at 12:17 am

None
Nada
Ziltch
Nothing

Dude, you didn't pump "Brass Monkey" or "Posse In Effect" on a warm spring evening on your boomin' stereo system in your tricked out black '68 GTO with a trunk full of Charmin while cruising down Parker Ave. on your way to tee-pee this chick's house because her way of showing you she liked you was by pulling your desk chair out from under you while you were sitting down in Mr. Goar's science class and turning you into a laughingstock..?

That very thing happened to someone I know...

Thanks for the memories MCA, Mike D. & Ad-Rock..! 8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/06 at 12:34 am

I chose "Jump Around" from this list.

I'm surprised there wasn't an "other" option nor was "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys on this poll.

That was alternative, I wouldn't put anything from 1990s Beastie Boys in this poll. Seriously, they weren't even considered rap at that point.

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/26/06 at 12:21 pm

That was alternative, I wouldn't put anything from 1990s Beastie Boys in this poll. Seriously, they weren't even considered rap at that point.

Seriously, so songs like "Get It Together", "Root Down", "Sure Shot", "So What'cha Want", "Intergalactic", "Body Movin'" and others from their 90's albums isn't rap?  ???

Why don't we just call "Informer" reggae?

Written By: WalkerP20 on 07/31/06 at 1:04 pm

Geez, I just realized that I completely forgot to add Marky Mark to the Poll  ;D

Subject: Favorite "Caucasian" Rap Hit

Written By: Dude111 on 03/01/18 at 11:15 pm

'Jump around' I guess.....

Written By: robby76 on 03/02/18 at 12:11 am

What was the original first poll option? I went for that but as always the board has screwed up these old polls.

Check for new replies or respond here...