inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did The 00s Meet Your Expectations?

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/21/06 at 1:39 pm

In 1995 (if you can remember that far back), what were some of your predictions, expectations of what would happen in the new millenium? Nuclear apocalypse and holocaust? Y2K bust-out? Hotels on the moon? A totally new musical genre? How did the new decade/century/millenium meet your expectations?

Subject: Re: Did The 00s Meet Your Expectations?

Written By: Roadgeek on 07/21/06 at 1:42 pm

Well, I was only 5/6 in 1995 so I didn't really care. But in the late '90s, I expect the '00s to be a copy of The Jetsons. ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/21/06 at 1:45 pm

Well, I was only 5/6 in 1995 so I didn't really care. But in the late '90s, I expect the '00s to be a copy of The Jetsons. ;D

lol...that's alot to expect to change in a few years. I never really thought much about the 00s myself. I thought it would be a slightly updated version of the 90s, but I knew we wouldn't see any groundbreaking developments like smart robots, space travel.etc til well into the 21st century. Well, I guess the Digital Revolution is groundbreaking enough.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/21/06 at 1:54 pm

I might give it a few more years just yet, ask me again in 2095  ;D

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/21/06 at 3:06 pm

no :\'(...I thought we were all going to die

Written By: La Roche on 07/21/06 at 3:23 pm

no :\'(...I thought we were all going to die

OOohhh I wouldn't be so sure that we're safe yet pal.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/21/06 at 5:05 pm

I thought we'd be on the moon with gas masks on.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/21/06 at 7:08 pm

I had no expectations for them. Except I thought Y2K was a giant crock of bullcrap at the time.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/21/06 at 8:01 pm

I never thought the 00s were going to be different from any other decade, so I had no expectations going in.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/21/06 at 8:23 pm

In 1995 (if you can remember that far back), what were some of your predictions, expectations of what would happen in the new millenium? Nuclear apocalypse and holocaust? Y2K bust-out? Hotels on the moon? A totally new musical genre? How did the new decade/century/millenium meet your expectations?

I guess I was a bit curious as to what would happen, but I really didnt expect there to be any big changes in 5 years.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/21/06 at 11:44 pm

In 1995 I was 10, so I was a bit over the whole "2000 = Jetson Era" mindset. So yeah, they did meet my expectation... nothing too different from the 90s IMO.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/06 at 1:17 am

Sorry Trimac, I misread your thread. I thought it said  Did inth00s Meet Your Expectations? I'll just be moving along  :-[

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/22/06 at 3:17 am

Sorry Trimac, I misread your thread. I thought it said  Did inth00s Meet Your Expectations? I'll just be moving along  :-[

lol, I think I know the answer to that one

Written By: chaka on 07/22/06 at 3:29 am

You're not the only one!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/06 at 3:35 am

You're not the only one!
you too, that's because sometimes I skim or glance quickly and it gets me into trouble  ;D

lol, I think I know the answer to that one
yes, I am sure you do.

Written By: Dave79 on 07/22/06 at 5:05 am

Well in 95' I remembering thinking that it wouldn't change much in 5 years time.

--
Dave.

Check for new replies or respond here...