inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pinky and the brain..and animaniacs too!

Written By: PinkysBrain on 07/26/06 at 1:43 pm

yay..so I went and got my copies of the Pinky and the brain dvds and the animaniacs dvds yesterday and I couldn't be happier. animaniacs was absolutely my favorite show to run home to after school in the good ol 90s..lol. as soon as I started watching them, I was totally brought back to having my after school snack and doing homework watching cartoons..hahaha.. I definitely reccomend these DVDs to anyone who used to watch these shows when we were younger..it really brings you back, and they're almost more funny now because I understand the more adult oriented jokes too. :)

http://www.clients.totalassault.com/warnerbros/dvd/animaniacs/tools/small_packaging.jpg    http://www.clients.totalassault.com/warnerbros/dvd/pinkyandthebrain/tools/small_packaging1.jpg

Subject: Re: Pinky and the brain..and animaniacs too!

Written By: Ebontyne on 07/26/06 at 2:18 pm

Pinky and the Brain was super cute. :)

Written By: audkal on 07/26/06 at 2:24 pm

I used to watch them, but not as much as I watched Power Rangers and Tiny Toons after school in the 90s, hehe.

Written By: STAR70 on 07/26/06 at 6:17 pm

"Say Brain, what are we going to do tonight?"

'The same thing we try to do every night, Pinky: TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

They're Pinky and the Brain,
they're Pinky and the Brain,
One is a genius
the ohter's insane.

They're laboratory mice
their genes have been spliced

They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain.

Before the Night is done
their plan will be unfurrled
By the dawning of the Sun
they'd taken the whole world.

They're Pinky and the Brain,
they're Pinky and the Brain,

Their twilight capaign
is easy to explain:
To prove their mousy worth
  they'll overtake the Earth,

They're Pinky, they're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain...

NARF!!!

Written By: Roadgeek on 07/26/06 at 6:28 pm

Both are wonderful shows, but I think I like Animaniacs better.

Written By: HunkyDory on 07/27/06 at 12:33 am

GREAT SHOWS!!!!!! Animaniacs got annoying at times, but Pinky and The Brain never got boring and was always funny

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/27/06 at 2:39 am

Loved and watched both of them 8)

Written By: PinkysBrain on 07/28/06 at 4:54 pm

I used to watch them, but not as much as I watched Power Rangers and Tiny Toons after school in the 90s, hehe.

lol..yeah..I watched power rangers a lottttt. if only those could get on dvd.

I totally forgot about Slappy the squirrel, and good idea bad idea!!! good idea, bad idea is so funny.

Written By: 5*19*1886 on 07/28/06 at 8:12 pm

Me too :). I loved both of those shows. Used to watch them every afternoon. Why did they have to be cancelled. Why do all cartoons these days have to suck. I dont understand :\'( :( >:(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/28/06 at 8:14 pm

Oh WTF is this.

Written By: Jacob on 07/30/06 at 6:46 pm

I GOT THE ANIMANIACS DVD AND IT BROGHT BACK MOMERIES

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/30/06 at 8:11 pm

To the person above...learn how to spell. Sorry, it just irritates me.

I LOVED PB, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, etc. I look back on it now and get all the adult-oriented jokes.

Written By: nally on 08/02/06 at 2:46 pm

Me too...I enjoyed watching the Animaniacs cartoons where the Warners did goofy things.

Pinky & Brain were initially part of "Animaniacs" before they began their own series in '95; they were funny too. I cracked up whenever Pinky used one of his meaningless catchphrases ("NARF!"; "Zort!"; "Poit!"; etc.). Occasionally The Brain would say one of these.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/02/06 at 2:52 pm

Me too...I enjoyed watching the Animaniacs cartoons where the Warners did goofy things.

Pinky & Brain were initially part of "Animaniacs" before they began their own series in '95; they were funny too. I cracked up whenever Pinky used one of his meaningless catchphrases ("NARF!"; "Zort!"; "Poit!"; etc.). Occasionally The Brain would say one of these.

Yeah, both shows were(IMO at least) hillarious. I did remember that Pinky and the Brain started as just an Animaniacs skit before they got there own show. Really all of the other skits on Animaniacs were good enough to get there own show.

Written By: nally on 08/02/06 at 3:00 pm

Yeah, both shows were(IMO at least) hillarious. I did remember that Pinky and the Brain started as just an Animaniacs skit before they got their own show. Really all of the other skits on Animaniacs were good enough to get their own show.

I was in my teens during the time "Animaniacs" was on...but I never actually watched it until its later years.

So now they're on DVD, huh?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/03/11 at 1:06 am

Don't throw the past away,
You might need it some other rainy day,
'toons can ring true again,
When everything old is new again!

DCpdDS3L2xs

- With apologies to Mitzi Gaynor, ca. 1976.

Check for new replies or respond here...