inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pokemon

Written By: Jacob on 08/03/06 at 10:23 pm

does anyone remember the 90s pokemon craze

Subject: Re: Pokemon

Written By: audkal on 08/03/06 at 11:13 pm

I remember it and was in it.  I still have a binder with my Pokemon card collection....I never got Charizard but did get another rare card that was worth $40.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/03/06 at 11:54 pm

I remember it well. I was still young enough to get into the earliest part of the craze(1998/1999) but quickly grew out of it. Btw I have some cards too but none are really worth anything. At one point that Charizard card(first edition) was worth $240 :o

Written By: bj26 on 08/04/06 at 6:40 am

We spent $hundreds on a collection, then gave away a pack for a kids birthday present, and it contained a 1st edition Charzard!

Written By: audkal on 08/04/06 at 9:06 am

We spent $hundreds on a collection, then gave away a pack for a kids birthday present, and it contained a 1st edition Charzard!

When did you start kicking yourself?  LOL.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/04/06 at 10:03 am

What about the endless Pokemon movies?

Written By: bj26 on 08/04/06 at 1:21 pm

When did you start kicking yourself?  LOL.
It amazes me how rare and hard to find some of those cards were. 1st & 2nd edition Blastois also cost me a pretty penny!

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/06/06 at 7:51 am

Too old for it...although I DO know many people my age who were into them. I was a proud member of the Tazos/Pogs/Glo-caps generation.  ;) 8)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/06/06 at 6:49 pm

Too old for it...although I DO know many people my age who were into them. I was a proud member of the Tazos/Pogs/Glo-caps generation.  ;) 8)

Yeah, most people born in '86 probably would've considered too old for it, being 12 in 1998 when it started to take off. Us '87ers are sort of splt. Some thought they were 'too old' and some(like me ;D) bought into it at first. 1988ers are sort of the first group that was really into it.

Written By: audkal on 08/06/06 at 7:20 pm

I still have pogs from like '96 but I was never into them as much as I was Pokemon.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/06/06 at 8:28 pm

Yeah, most people born in '86 probably would've considered too old for it, being 12 in 1998 when it started to take off. Us '87ers are sort of splt. Some thought they were 'too old' and some(like me ;D) bought into it at first. 1988ers are sort of the first group that was 'really' into it.

Where would I fit in. My son was born in 1989, he was into Pokemon. He has since gotten out of it
but I haven't. I have all the games for Game Boy from Red and Blue to GBA games Fire Red and Leaf green.
I have a drawer full of Pokemon Cards, as well as Yu-Gi-Oh, and I could probably name all 385 Pokemon,
though I am more familiar with the original 151. I won't do anything on Saturday morning until after I
watch the Pokemon episode. For the record, I was born in 1962, so I ask is anyone too old?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/07/06 at 1:53 am

Where would I fit in. My son was born in 1989, he was into Pokemon. He has since gotten out of it
but I haven't. I have all the games for Game Boy from Red and Blue to GBA games Fire Red and Leaf green.
I have a drawer full of Pokemon Cards, as well as Yu-Gi-Oh, and I could probably name all 385 Pokemon,
though I am more familiar with the original 151. I won't do anything on Saturday morning until after I
watch the Pokemon episode. For the record, I was born in 1962, so I ask is anyone too old?

Of course not ;). I was just making a sweeping generalization about the average age of a pokemon fan. I still have some of my old Pokemon cards and some of my game boy games as well(I even play them from time to time ;D). Nobody's really too old to like anything I was only speaking in general :)

Written By: Satish on 08/07/06 at 11:16 am

Pokemon reached its peak in popularity in the late 90s and early 00s, probably during the years 1998 to 2001. My two little cousins were six and seven years old in 2000 and I remember they were really into Pokemon and Digimon.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/08/06 at 4:37 pm

After about 8 years of wrong cheat codes and constantly restarting the games, 8 years of
an exercise in futility, I finally caught a Mew in Pokemon Blue. One of the Pokemon that's
not supposed to be in any of the games for Game Boy or GBA. I finally found a code that
worked, now I will restart Fire Red and see if Mew is there also.

Written By: Zoso on 10/27/07 at 6:49 am

I still play the games. And I have held on to my card collection. The games are good fun. Keeps you entertained for hours.

Btw loki, you don't have to use codes to catch Mew in blue. There is a glitch. You've got to walk through the cave and battle the first trainer you see when you come out. But you have to press enter at the right time or something. I forget how it's done but if done correctly instead of battling the trainer you battle a wild Mew.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/27/07 at 8:53 am

I used to be obsessed with Pokemon. What's strange is that I got into them a little later than most kids. But then I was still into them a year or two after thier popularity had died down significantly. I didn't get thier appeal at first, but then I became a huge fan. I LOVED the Game Boy video games, but I was terrible at playing the card game. I joined this club at a mall where every Saturday, you'd go and play against a bunch of other kids, and you'd earn these cool little badges. I only got ONE.

I still have all my cards some where. I also loved the cartoon, and would watch it while eating Pokemon cereal and Pokemon Pop-Tarts.

Written By: audkal on 10/27/07 at 8:48 pm

I LOVED the Game Boy video games, but I was terrible at playing the card game. I joined this club at a mall where every Saturday, you'd go and play against a bunch of other kids, and you'd earn these cool little badges. I only got ONE.

Oh yeah, I remember when kids would have tournaments at Toys R Us--I never joined though because I had no idea how to play the actual game, lol.  I just liked collecting the cards. :)

Written By: wildcard on 10/27/07 at 9:42 pm

One of my brothers got the Red version and the other brother got blue so I got interested and got Yellow.  The same thing with Silver,Gold and me getting Crystal.  By then the Pokemon started getting strange to us and we lost intrest.  I still have the my Yellow, Chrystal, and the Silver versions. 

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 10/28/07 at 4:07 am

OMG, yes!  ;D
Gotta catch 'em all!  (And boy did we!)

Of course I was an adult at the time it was 'big', but my (oldest) son LOVED it..he had so many of the cards, and the Poke-balls, the little figures, and a couple of the GameBoy games too..we catch a glimpse of the cartoon even now every so often, but even to him it seems so foreign anymore. Granted, he's much older now too, but he had a bunch of the movies and watched the old cartoons all the time 'back then'. But now they've changed a bunch of the characters around, and traded out the older, 'classic' Pokemon..

But anyway, in a complete answer to your question, I definitely remember the Pokemon craze!  ;)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/30/07 at 11:50 am

One of my brothers got the Red version and the other brother got blue so I got interested and got Yellow.  The same thing with Silver,Gold and me getting Crystal.  By then the Pokemon started getting strange to us and we lost intrest.  I still have the my Yellow, Chrystal, and the Silver versions.   

Yeah, I got into Pokemon at the beginning, right after Red and Blue came out. I got Yellow when it came out as well. It was around the time that Silver and Gold came out that I started to lose interest. I didn't mind it when it was 150 Pokemon, but when it got up to 300 and beyond, that's just way to many

Written By: wildcard on 10/30/07 at 2:20 pm

Yeah, I got into Pokemon at the beginning, right after Red and Blue came out. I got Yellow when it came out as well. It was around the time that Silver and Gold came out that I started to lose interest. I didn't mind it when it was 150 Pokemon, but when it got up to 300 and beyond, that's just way to many

too many and the first pokemon were kind of based on something educational.  I've always liked Gengar.  I usually see him purple like and eggplant.  Eggplants are in the family Nightshade which is a move he learns.  I'm not sure if the pokemon today are based on educational things.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/07/07 at 4:50 pm

What about the endless Pokemon movies?

I own Pokemon The Movie 2000.

Written By: sonikuu on 11/09/07 at 2:59 pm

Oh man, Pokemon was practically my life.  I got all the games (not just the Gameboy ones, but the N64 ones too), I was an avid card card collector, and the anime was one of my favorite shows in the late 90s.  I really did catch them all, by the way.  I didn't get Mew though, but one of my friends got it at a Nintendo event and he traded it to me for a couple seconds so I could have all 151 in my Pokedex.  

Gold and Silver was awesome, by the way.  I still think its the best version of them all simply because of all the changes it made, while still keeping the old stuff, such as being able to fight all the Gym Leaders you fought in the original.  

I did grow out of Pokemon and, for awhile, I had a backlash against it.  Eventually though, I realized that the games really were good and I was just trying to act more "mature" because I thought I had too (the same thing happened with some other stuff too).  Now, I'm watching the old episodes they're showing on Cartoon Network and will eventually buy the DVDs of the old episodes, for nostalgia's sake.  I'm also a big fan of the new crop of Pokemon games, Diamond and Pearl.  Also, I am thankfully not the only one.  You'd be surprised how many older people stuck with Pokemon over the years (although some did what I did, backlashed against it for awhile).  They're just closet fans who never mention it except on the internet.  

Pokemon never really lost its popularity, no matter what anyone says.  Pokemon Diamond and Pearl has sold 12 million copies so far, making it the highest selling game of 2007.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/09/07 at 4:23 pm

I've actually owned a decent amount of the video games of them, I was 19(I think) when I decided to try it out.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/28/16 at 7:46 pm

Perspective is a powerful thing. Couldn't agree more with Sonikuu. Pokémon would have been so much better off. The less Pokémon, the better. I was once an antagonist for the franchise. Now I backlash against it. The newer updates still manages to get on my nerves and I do a good job avoiding anything to do with current generations. I wouldn't even call it Pokémon anymore. Just a series that lost its identity. Diamond and Pear are the last installments for me.

Its time for a console open world adaption or bust.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/22/16 at 4:34 pm

Pokemon Go feels like it's going to take over the world in a way no other game did before. :o

Perhaps the game will invoke dire consequences...

It doesn't really feel like a Pokemon game, since you don't get to level up your Pokemon anywhere. You have to go to a specific area in order to train them, which sucks because you have to be very careful when you're outside. Especially when you're in a street surrounded by cars or other sorts of vehicles.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/22/16 at 5:47 pm

It doesn't really feel like a Pokemon game, since you don't get to level up your Pokemon anywhere. You have to go to a specific area in order to train them, which sucks because you have to be very careful when you're outside. Especially when you're in a street surrounded by cars or other sorts of vehicles.

You can level your Pokémon up, it's just that you do so very differently, often in a way that requires you either to catch several of the same monsters or beat gym leaders, the only trainers you can currently fight and usually the ones who have far more time on their hands and don't balance the game with work, school, or other activities. The game right now is literally represented by this, only it's done outside and not inside:

http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2014e8aa7fa89970d-800wi

Right now, that's the fatal flaw of Pokémon GO for me. I want to battle with the Pokémon I caught, but it's hardly worth it due to the limited and unfair opportunities you get to do so. Hopefully, they'll flesh out the gameplay as time passes by.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/22/16 at 5:54 pm

You can level your Pokémon up, it's just that you do so very differently, often in a way that requires you either to catch several of the same monsters or beat gym leaders, the only trainers you can currently fight and usually the ones who have far more time on their hands and don't balance the game with work, school, or other activities. The game right now is literally represented by this, only it's done outside and not inside:

http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2014e8aa7fa89970d-800wi

Right now, that's the fatal flaw of Pokémon GO for me. I want to battle with the Pokémon I caught, but it's hardly worth it due to the limited and unfair opportunities you get to do so. Hopefully, they'll flesh out the gameplay as time passes by.

That sucks about Pokemon Go. You only have limited locations to train your Pokemon, where in the games you could train them anywhere. The only main thing about Pokemon Go is just catching the damn creatures, which really sucks. Hell, the only Pokemon that you could catch is the first generation ones, which is not even my favorite generation to begin with.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/22/16 at 6:20 pm

The one thing I don't like about the game is that you can't really battle other trainers. I would like to see it where,
if you're walking down the street playing the game and someone else is walking towards you playing the game you
both should have to battle to continue.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/22/16 at 7:10 pm

The one thing I don't like about the game is that you can't really battle other trainers. I would like to see it where,
if you're walking down the street playing the game and someone else is walking towards you playing the game you
both should have to battle to continue.

Yeah, so far, Pokemon GO is more of a typical freeware exploitation that rewards only the obsessive diehards and neglects the gameplay experience for others. People should be using Pokemon GO as a social activity, not just another excuse to post photos on Instagram, specifically those of trainers narcissistically selfie-ing with their rare creatures.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/16 at 7:21 am

a lot of people got hurt while playing Pokemon GO. :o

Written By: Looney Toon on 07/23/16 at 7:30 am

I never understood the appeal of Pokemon GO. But then again I don't get the appeal of a lot of mobile games.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/16 at 8:31 am

I never understood the appeal of Pokemon GO. But then again I don't get the appeal of a lot of mobile games.

They only appeal to kids.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/23/16 at 8:37 am

They only appeal to kids.

I see more than just kids playing it. I see a lot of teens and adults having Pokemon Go and playing it daily.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/16 at 2:01 pm

I see more than just kids playing it. I see a lot of teens and adults having Pokemon Go and playing it daily.

I'm one of the majorities that will not participate in Pokemon GO. ::)

Written By: mqg96 on 07/23/16 at 2:31 pm

LOL, it seems like Pokemon Go is NOT a kids game at all with the way it's been. After all the stories we've heard about this game? A lot of the techniques and tricks that require you to play Pokemon Go seems more aimed towards teens or adults who used to play Pokemon back in the late 90's or 2000's.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/23/16 at 2:33 pm

It's also a pet peeve of mine when casual adults who never played Pokemon growing up call it "Poke-MAN"...... urrrgghhhh!!!!  >:(

It's Poke-MON!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/23/16 at 2:54 pm

It's also a pet peeve of mine when casual adults who never played Pokemon growing up call it "Poke-MAN"...... urrrgghhhh!!!!  >:(

It's Poke-MON!

Sadly, they wouldn't oblige. I wish everybody could say it as Poke-Mon. Hell, even the anime says it as Poke-Mon, not as Poke-Man. I guess it's because they were way too old when Pokemania hit the scene during the very late 90s and early 2000s.

Written By: 2001 on 07/23/16 at 10:20 pm

It's Poke-MON!

Can we ban all the people who pronounce Mario Mare-io while we're at it? The character pronounces his own name, there's zero excuse for this except deliberate trolling.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/24/16 at 9:02 am

Can we ban all the people who pronounce Mario Mare-io while we're at it? The character pronounces his own name, there's zero excuse for this except deliberate trolling.

I thought a lot of people called Mario as his name is, considering his name is really common for Italians.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/16 at 2:42 pm

LOL, it seems like Pokemon Go is NOT a kids game at all with the way it's been. After all the stories we've heard about this game? A lot of the techniques and tricks that require you to play Pokemon Go seems more aimed towards teens or adults who used to play Pokemon back in the late 90's or 2000's.

Why does this game want you to travel places to try to catch the critters?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/24/16 at 3:22 pm

Why does this game want you to travel places to try to catch the critters?

Because the main purpose for Pokemon Go is to catch Pokemon outside.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 07/25/16 at 7:04 pm

It was an early 2000s craze, not '90s. The '90s were over by 1999.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/25/16 at 7:05 pm

Yeah, but most people see Pokemania as a late 90s craze for some reason.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/25/16 at 7:08 pm

If you lived in Japan, it would clearly be a late 90s craze, since it came out there in February 1996, with the TCG being released later that year and the anime premiering in April 1997.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/25/16 at 7:09 pm

If you lived in Japan, it would clearly be a late 90s craze, since it came out there in February 1996, with the TCG being released later that year and the anime premiering in April 1997.

Although, it was pretty popular in North America in 1998 and 1999. Although, it was a huge phenomenon by 1999.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 07/25/16 at 7:15 pm

Right, "the Pokèmon panic" occurred on December 16th of '97 in Japan.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/25/16 at 7:16 pm

Right, "the Pokèmon panic" occurred on December 16th of '97 in Japan.

How do you know that it occurred on that exact same date in Japan?

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 07/25/16 at 7:23 pm

How do you know that it occurred on that exact same date in Japan?

Here's the link: http://www.japanpowered.com/japan-culture/pokemon-panic

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/25/16 at 7:25 pm

Here's the link: http://www.japanpowered.com/japan-culture/pokemon-panic

I don't think an episode where hundreds of Japanese kids got seizures would be considered as Pokemania. Besides, Pokemania occurred when the anime premiered in Japan.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/25/16 at 7:30 pm

Although, it was pretty popular in North America in 1998 and 1999. Although, it was a huge phenomenon by 1999.

It really wasn't that popular yet in late 1998. Kids were still more into Power Rangers at that point. I remember it being spring 1999 that Pokemania went full-throttle. A lot like Yu-Gi-Oh!, it took several months for Pokemon to emerge as a significant presence in Western culture after its initial arrival.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/25/16 at 9:48 pm

It really wasn't that popular yet in late 1998. Kids were still more into Power Rangers at that point. I remember it being spring 1999 that Pokemania went full-throttle. A lot like Yu-Gi-Oh!, it took several months for Pokemon to emerge as a significant presence in Western culture after its initial arrival.

But it was pretty much everywhere in the United States with its training cards, anime, and video game. Although, it didn't became really mainstream until the second half of the 1998-99 school year.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/25/16 at 9:51 pm

But it was pretty much everywhere in the United States with its training cards, anime, and video game. Although, it didn't became really mainstream until the second half of the 1998-99 school year.

That's all I meant. Pokémon may have been released in North America in September 1998, but it wasn't Pokémon as people knew Pokémon in the Y2K era until spring 1999 hit. Once it became a craze, suddenly its entire nature and significance took on a new meaning.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/25/16 at 9:53 pm

That's exactly all I meant.

It was there in late 1998, but it was a big fad at the time. Especially when the anime was released before the games were in North America. Although, I do agree that 1999 was the quintessential year for Pokemania.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/25/16 at 10:40 pm

It was there in late 1998, but it was a big fad at the time. Especially when the anime was released before the games were in North America. Although, I do agree that 1999 was the quintessential year for Pokemania.

I don't even remember Pokémon at all in late 1998. All of my classmates began obsessing about it in spring 1999. In autumn 1998, it was nothing but a fairly popular, if still tepidly known show. Mainstream western audiences still weren't totally used to anime right when Pokémon premiered in September. No, Power Rangers was still the dominant kid fad in late 1998. Even if you say Pokémon was significant during the last third of 1998, Pokémania definitely hadn't taken off yet.

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/26/16 at 6:35 am

Power Rangers remained popular since In Space was a step up from Turbo and was a nice conclusion to the Zordon Era. I wasn't even aware of this seizure in Japan at the time, but do remember starting around February of 1999 when it exploded, that's when me and my brother would tape every new episode, start collecting the cards, and of course, trying to beat the game. This was still the height of the fifth generation of video games and if anything, just like now, helped me revive an interest in Nintendo after switching to Sony for the past few years, where I would enjoy the Mario Party/Super Smash Brothers/Ocarina of Time. More importantly, it made Game Boy Color the latest hot portable system. I'd even love the pinball and trading card games (though I'll admit, playing in an actual tournament is a lot more fun) also released for the system in addition to the regular games. I still have all my original cards (no genuine Charizard, unfortunately and many have been used to the point where they have lost considerable value compared to being mint/near mint). I'd say in addition to 1999, 2000 was just about as strong, then a slow decline from 2001 onwards as the first generation moved more into high school, vying the game as "uncool". I personally stopped following after Johto.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/26/16 at 1:23 pm

I just realized that I was in my early 20s when the first games came out in the U.S.

Silly me.

I phased in and out during the first gens of the series and then came back and stayed with it from the fourth onward.

Perspective is a powerful thing. Couldn't agree more with Sonikuu. Pokémon would have been so much better off. The less Pokémon, the better. I was once an antagonist for the franchise. Now I backlash against it. The newer updates still manages to get on my nerves and I do a good job avoiding anything to do with current generations. I wouldn't even call it Pokémon anymore. Just a series that lost its identity. Diamond and Pear are the last installments for me.

Its time for a console open world adaption or bust.

What's an antagonist for the franchise?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/26/16 at 1:57 pm

What's an antagonist for the franchise?
I think he's saying he didn't like it the first time and now he despises the fad even more. It sounds like he was more for either Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh back then.

No. It can't be. Pokémania was huge in 1999 and 2000. It was gone by 2001.

I don't even remember Pokémon at all in late 1998. All of my classmates began obsessing about it in spring 1999. In autumn 1998, it was nothing but a fairly popular, if still tepidly known show. Mainstream western audiences still weren't totally used to anime right when Pokémon premiered in September. No, Power Rangers was still the dominant kid fad in late 1998. Even if you say Pokémon was significant during the last third of 1998, Pokémania definitely hadn't taken off yet.
I do. I remember watching the anime as soon it premiered on Kids WB; however, I agree that it wasn't a fad just yet. I remember still tuning into Power Rangers at that same time on Fox kids during Saturday mornings as I was into the hype. I even had the toys.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/26/16 at 2:36 pm

Okay, now I see. It was just an odd use of the word.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/26/16 at 4:30 pm

Can we just agree that Pokemania happened in 1999?

Written By: 80sfan on 07/26/16 at 10:53 pm

I've always loved Pikachu.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 07/27/16 at 7:10 am

Yeah, but most people see Pokemania as a late 90s craze for some reason.

That would be because most people think of 1999 as a "late '90s year".

Written By: Step-chan on 08/02/16 at 1:26 pm

They're giving alternate forms to some older Pokemon in Sun and Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/02/16 at 1:54 pm

That would be because most people think of 1999 as a "late '90s year".

Pretty much anyone, even outside the Internet knows that it was a late 90s year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/16 at 6:02 am

I'm going to take that back.

Pokemon Go was yet another flash in the pan, it seems. :P
Now called Pokémon Gone?  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/24/16 at 8:37 am

Pokemon Run??

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/24/16 at 10:40 am

Damn, that was a very short fad! Didn't it just come out about 2 months ago?

Pokemon Run??
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 2001 on 08/24/16 at 12:37 pm

I play it with my friends, but playing it alone is very boring. Idk how people play this game for 5 hours a day on their own.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/16 at 2:40 pm

I play it with my friends, but playing it alone is very boring. Idk how people play this game for 5 hours a day on their own.

I was reading that people who play Pokemon Go will eventually get blisters on their thumbs.

Written By: 2001 on 08/24/16 at 2:43 pm

I was reading that people who play Pokemon Go will eventually get blisters on their thumbs.

Don't you mean feet? My brother has a lot of blisters on his feet from walking 10km+ every other day.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/16 at 3:47 pm

Don't you mean feet? My brother has a lot of blisters on his feet from walking 10km+ every other day.

I mean from using your thumbs all the time to catch those characters.

Written By: 2001 on 08/24/16 at 4:23 pm

I mean from using your thumbs all the time to catch those characters.

Naw, you're only touching the screen. Maybe they got cramps, but you can't really get blisters. Sending a text message would be more laborious :P

Written By: Howard on 08/25/16 at 3:47 pm

Naw, you're only touching the screen. Maybe they got cramps, but you can't really get blisters. Sending a text message would be more laborious :P

that's why it's a silly game. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 08/25/16 at 7:09 pm

But it's fun!! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/16 at 7:24 pm

Think of all the exercise!

Written By: 2001 on 08/25/16 at 7:31 pm

My brother has a FitBit (high tech pedometer). It can graph how many steps you took each day. You can tell exactly what day he downloaded the Pokémon GO app.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/25/16 at 10:30 pm

Who walks, and exercises?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/16 at 10:33 pm

It can all be easily done without a mobile phone in the hand.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/25/16 at 10:50 pm

It can be done without a Pokemon in one's hands too!  :o

http://colouringbook.org/Holidays/Xmas/SLOWPOKE/slowpoke_by_rones_13_1829769_christmas_xmas_stuffed_animal_coloring_book_colouring-999px.png

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 7:14 am

But it's fun!! ;D

Well I'm probably one of the majority that's not interested.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 7:14 am

What if you bump into something?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 7:15 am

people nowadays just sit at home by the computer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 7:31 am

What if you bump into something?  ::)
Call Claims Direct?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 7:38 am

Well I'm probably one of the majority that's not interested.
not even curious?

Written By: Howard on 08/26/16 at 8:42 am

not even curious?

not a Pokemon fan.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 8:57 am

not a Pokemon fan.
Just curious about the other people's fascination for it, I have seen a nephew of mine playing it.

Written By: 2001 on 08/26/16 at 3:26 pm

I want rewards while in walking though, in the form of Pokémon!

Written By: Zelek3 on 10/20/16 at 6:37 pm

On Oct. 29 and Nov. 1, they're re-releasing Pokemon: The First Movie in select theaters across the U.S.

I recommend you don't re-watch it, because it's actually terrible (imo of course, no offense to those who like it), and your innocent nostalgia will be ruined. :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/20/16 at 6:39 pm

On Oct. 29 and Nov. 1, they're re-releasing Pokemon: The First Movie in select theaters across the U.S.

I recommend you don't re-watch it, because it's actually terrible (imo of course, no offense to those who like it), and your innocent nostalgia will be ruined. :P

I rather find the first Pokemon movie as really overrated, so I don't really give a crap about it so much.

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/20/16 at 9:28 pm

Wouldn't it have made more sense to re-release it in 2019? That way it could be a 20th anniversary thing. I know it technically came out in Japan in 1998, but given that this is a U.S. re-release, 2019 would make a lot more sense. Anyway, yeah, the movie is probably not worth the money. I remember liking it as a kid, but it really has aged poorly.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/21/16 at 6:56 am

Wouldn't it have made more sense to re-release it in 2019? That way it could be a 20th anniversary thing. I know it technically came out in Japan in 1998, but given that this is a U.S. re-release, 2019 would make a lot more sense. Anyway, yeah, the movie is probably not worth the money. I remember liking it as a kid, but it really has aged poorly.

I think it has to deal with the 90s nostalgia craze that's been happening for a while now. But I don't think a lot of kids would like a movie with only 1st generation Pokemon, since they probably have X and Y, or waiting on Sun and Moon.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/21/16 at 8:49 am

I think it has to deal with the 90s nostalgia craze that's been happening for a while now. But I don't think a lot of kids would like a movie with only 1st generation Pokemon, since they probably have X and Y, or waiting on Sun and Moon.

Yup. This is most likely a re-release for the audience who seen the movie as kids which is still a bit confusing since I lost a majority of percentage in Pokémon the older I grew.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/21/16 at 10:01 am

Yup. This is most likely a re-release for the audience who seen the movie as kids which is still a bit confusing since I lost a majority of percentage in Pokémon the older I grew.

Same with me. Although, I still play the older games, the newer Pokemon seems rather boring to me.

Written By: 2001 on 11/07/16 at 12:12 pm

I watched both The First Movie and 2000 with my sister a few months ago, and they still hold up decently, at least to me! The problem was there was too much backstory. If you're not familiar with Pokémon then it flies over your head.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/04/16 at 12:26 pm

I remember watching the first movie on bootleg subtitled.

The dub changed and added dialogue.

The first movie I mostly indifferent on, but the second movie I love to pieces. Also love the short that precedes it(it helps that my top favorite Pokemon Bellossom is in that one).

Written By: 2001 on 12/04/16 at 1:09 pm

Who bought the new game?

so I know who to keep off my ignore list?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 1:15 pm

Who bought the new game?

so I know who to keep off my ignore list?

Hopefully, I'll might buy it from Amazon if I get a gift card this Christmas.

Check for new replies or respond here...