inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s PC games

Written By: Chairman on 08/18/06 at 10:34 am

My first PC game was a drawing program called Kid Picks.  The first real time strategy games I remember getting addicted to where " Sim City One / 2000," and " Castle: Siege and Conquest."  Am I the only one who remembers Castle ?  In Castle the object was to conquer the surrounding kingdoms without pissing off the Pope.

Subject: Re: 90s PC games

Written By: audkal on 08/18/06 at 12:13 pm

My first computer game was "Willy Wabbit" that I got for Christmas '96. 

http://www.simaenterprises.com/81_1_b.jpg

Other than that we also had games that came with the Mac when we bought it like "Lode Runner", and "Power Pete".  I used to play LR ALOT.

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/18/06 at 12:59 pm

I can't think of what it was. It was either an interactive story book or a pinball game.

Written By: Lee_Marsh on 08/18/06 at 6:15 pm

My first PC game, or atleast the earliest one I remember was Doom 1.  My dad was a huge gamer, so I had alot of PC games, and still do, lol.  I actually still have Doom1 and 2 on Floppy's

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/18/06 at 6:17 pm

Now the first game I ever played was on my aunt's computer back in 1995. It was Freddie Fish. I still have it and many other original Humongus Entertainment games.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/18/06 at 8:27 pm

I played a variety of PC games in the 90's, Sim City 2000 is probably my favorite, but I also liked the following:

Power Pete, Text Adventures, Mac Ski, Slick Willy, Number Munchers, Oregon Trail, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Myst, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! (There was also a Price is Right game but it kinda sucked).

Written By: audkal on 08/18/06 at 10:04 pm

I played a variety of PC games in the 90's, Sim City 2000 is probably my favorite, but I also liked the following:

Power Pete, Text Adventures, Mac Ski, Slick Willy, Number Munchers, Oregon Trail, Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle, Myst, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! (There was also a Price is Right game but it kinda sucked).

Loved Oregon Trail, it OWNS!

Written By: Chairman on 08/19/06 at 8:38 am

Oh snap! How could I forget Oregon Trail :P.  We played that in school and our class won a Pizza party.

Written By: whistledog on 08/19/06 at 10:10 pm

The first PC game I ever owned was in 1994 called "Megarace". 

It was a cool racing game, that worked like a reality game show.  It was set in the future, and the object was to shoot and destroy all of the cars before you completed three laps.  If you ran out of ammo, you could sideswipe the cars, but at the same time run the risk of destroying yourself.  After each race, were segments hosted by this annoying bald dude named Lance Boyle

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/plaqueattackcan/megarace.png http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c364/plaqueattackcan/lanceboyle1.png

Click here to see a YouTube video of scenes from the opening sequence of the game

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/20/06 at 7:26 am

Not sure if it was the same version, but we had a PC with games on it in 8th grade in the Computer Lab with Sim City on it. I used to love that one too (since I'm into Back to the Future and decades, etc. I had fun building roads and cities and seeing how it developed over time. I think the starting year was 1900 and you got to go ahead 100 years, lol).

That's where I played Oregon Trail too. That was my fave, although it got frustrating in the hunting sequences when the little animals only gave you 1 point of food. I also recall the theme music reminded me of Neil Young, too. ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/20/06 at 10:05 pm

I remember playing 'Frogger' on my dad's really old IBM Computer (it took the full-sized floppy discs - the ones which are actually 'floppy' ;D). That must've been about 1991-92. I remember playing games such as 'Monkey Island', the original Sim City.etc at home. We had 'Carmen Sandiego', this maths/detective game, and other educational games on the old school computers.

Written By: Roadgeek on 08/20/06 at 10:11 pm

Man, most of my computer games are from the '90s. They just don't make them like they used to. The only two modern games I like are SimCity 4 and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Written By: artful dodger on 08/21/06 at 8:59 pm

Wow, I just happened to stumble on this post.

You guys are taking me back. Doom, Oregon trail, and so on.

How about these:

Rise of The Triads
Where is Carmen San Diego?
Heretic/Hexen
Corridor 7
Hugo's House of Horrors
Wind Commander
Tie Fighter
Simon the Sorcerer
Gabriel Knight
Alone In the Dark
King's Quest
Full Throtle
Monkey Island

Don't know if anyone remembers these, but, hopefully they will trigger some memories.

Remember the old share ware days?
You could pick up share software at even your local Super Market.

Artful Dodger
-L.A.

Written By: artful dodger on 08/21/06 at 9:07 pm

OH crap, how could I forget??!!

Dark Forces - another Lucas Arts classic

That was a great week.
I remember that game coming out the same week Notorious B.I.G.  'ready to die' album came out with 'big poppa'

Oh damn, those were the days.

Written By: Trimac20 on 08/22/06 at 10:44 am

Man, most of my computer games are from the '90s. They just don't make them like they used to. The only two modern games I like are SimCity 4 and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Once an Old School Gamer, always an Old School Gamer.  8)

Written By: James on 04/25/10 at 3:21 am

Haha jez alot of great memories, maybe you guys can help me. Ive been thinking of two games that i can barely remember.

One was a guy running around with a net catching things (i think it was gnomes or something i really cant remember)
the other was one where you were on a island and you played a carnival game to get a choice between 3 demented looking doll

Written By: Starde on 04/25/10 at 11:43 am

I remember playing Oregon Trail, this Titanic game (I think it came out around the release of the movie), some Barbie games. Oh, did anyone ever play Need for Speed III on the computer? That game was cool. 8)

Written By: Kate on 04/25/10 at 12:46 pm

I loved a bunch of 90s PC games! Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego. Most of them have been mentioned already.

James, I think that first one with the gnomes was called "Treasure Mountain". It was a kids game that taught reading, right? And the game had really pretty music? I remember playing that one and Treasure Galaxy as a kid.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 04/25/10 at 2:43 pm

I loved Oregon Trail (we had to play it in school to teach us something), the King's Quest series, Space Quest series, Whiplash, Terminal Velocity,  3D Dinosaur Adventure, Slater and Charlie Go Camping, Gus goes to Cyberpolis, 101 Dalmations: Escape from DeVille Manor, Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland, Myst and Ski Free, amongst others.

Also, the video game version of the show Amazing Animals was good.

Written By: Kryllith on 04/25/10 at 7:49 pm

Continuation of the Ultima series
Wing Commander series
Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret
Monkey Island series
Full Throttle
Various Star Wars games
Various AD&D games
Fallout 1 & 2
Magic Carpet 1 & 2

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/26/10 at 10:03 pm

this Titanic game (I think it came out around the release of the movie)

You sure the game was about the (sea)ship Titanic, or could it have been Douglas Adams' Starship Titanic?

(Wow.  It still runs under XP with a manual download/install of a Cinepak codec, which means Starship Titanic runs on Windows 7 with a little tweaking.  Hmm, things to do on a rainy day this summer...)

Written By: nupur on 04/26/10 at 10:40 pm

Does anybody remember a Microsoft game called Fine Artist?? It was basically like a cool paint/cartoon game for kids. It definitely wasn't very popular, but I loved it & am devastated because I think I accidentally threw out the CD with my old, old computer  :\'(

Also, some other games I used to play are Reader Rabbit (1,2,and 3), Treasure Math Storm, Lenny's Music Toons, Gizmos and Gadgets, and Barbie Fashion Designer (lol)

Written By: Brian06 on 04/26/10 at 11:37 pm

I used to play Flight Simulators, Oregon Trail, Sim City, Kid Pix. Loved making cards with Print Shop Deluxe.

Written By: nally on 04/26/10 at 11:43 pm

^ I loved the Print Shop (which I used on the Apple II-GS in 1992-93 at school). I made a few greeting cards, and a calendar page...but the things I made didn't come out in very good quality due to the dot matrix printer which was connected to the computer.

I didn't play too many other PC games back then... except for Scrabble on a Mac computer that we had in the 90's. If you tried playing a word that wasn't in the dictionary, it would warn you; you could then click "Add" to add your word to the User Dictionary, or "Cancel" to go back and change it, or "OK" to just accept the played word and continue with the next player's turn.

Written By: nupur on 04/27/10 at 6:53 am

I used to play Flight Simulators, Oregon Trail, Sim City, Kid Pix. Loved making cards with Print Shop Deluxe.

I was the designated "card maker" in our family because no one else knew how to use Print Shop Deluxe as well as I did  8) We still own a slightly newer version of Print Shop -- It came with 6 discs because of all of the clip art!

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/10 at 8:05 pm

Does anybody remember a Microsoft game called Fine Artist?? It was basically like a cool paint/cartoon game for kids. It definitely wasn't very popular, but I loved it & am devastated because I think I accidentally threw out the CD with my old, old computer  :\'(

Also, some other games I used to play are Reader Rabbit (1,2,and 3), Treasure Math Storm, Lenny's Music Toons, Gizmos and Gadgets, and Barbie Fashion Designer (lol)

A lot of old software can be found by googling the name of the product and "abandonware".  What you do from there depends on copyright law where you live, and if you're in the States, whether or not reading old savegames from that hard drive that's sat in the closet for 15 years constitutes "for the purpose of interoperability".  It's not like there's a fine for being an artist :)

Written By: nupur on 04/29/10 at 10:34 am

A lot of old software can be found by googling the name of the product and "abandonware".  What you do from there depends on copyright law where you live, and if you're in the States, whether or not reading old savegames from that hard drive that's sat in the closet for 15 years constitutes "for the purpose of interoperability".  It's not like there's a fine for being an artist :)

I will take that advice. Unless, it would be illegal...then this conversation never happened.  ;)

Written By: Mikorb on 06/23/10 at 6:18 pm

This is gonna sound really stupid because I can't remember much haha but does anyone remember a game where there were vending machines and you would get (or so I think) either purple or orange or green, sodas or bags of dust or gummies or something.
Sorry for the lack of information I can't really remember much about the game, I just know I played it is kid and remember it had something to do with vending machines and different colored items. I think there was also something about magic but I'm not entirely sure.

If anyone can help me out at all that would be awesome :)

Written By: tab on 08/05/10 at 10:39 am

I don't know if this is right but i think it is a 1990 learning computer video game where 2 kids search different worlds for books or something and when they die a worm with an umbrella gets them and they lose a life. does anyone remember what that game was called ?

Written By: preston181 on 08/05/10 at 1:05 pm

I remember playing:

The 7th Guest
Duke Nuken
Commander Keen
Wolfenstein
Doom I and II
Tomb Raider (just straight up Tomb Raider, none of the sequel crap)
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
SWAT 2
Maniac Mansion

There was just a huge amount of PC games back then to choose from. Nothing hugely fancy, although for their time, some of these games were state-of-the-art.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/05/10 at 5:44 pm

Wolfenstein 3D was probably the most influential game in gaming history.  Its nearly forgotten about now, but when it was released back in 1992 it set the stage for the rise of the first person shooter genre.  It was a big deal at the time too....a 3D game in the age of 2D platform and side-scrollers.  In my opinion, the first generation of first person shooters (Wolfenstein, Doom, Rise of the Triad) were far more addicting and fun to play than the games of today. 

Written By: ronobvious on 08/17/10 at 10:59 pm

OH crap, how could I forget??!!

Dark Forces - another Lucas Arts classic

That was a great week.
I remember that game coming out the same week Notorious B.I.G.  'ready to die' album came out with 'big poppa'

Oh damn, those were the days.

Dark Forces took up a whole summer of my childhood. Such a great game at the time. I remember having to send away for a strategy guide because one particular part of the game just completely stumped me.

Those truly were the days.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/18/10 at 5:15 pm

My first PC games were King's Quest V, King's Quest VI, King's Quest VII, and then the King's Quest Collection, Castle Adventure (I forget the name, it was made by Davidson & Associates), Gus Goes to Cyberpolis, Ski Free, Slater & Charlie Go Camping, Twins in Trouble, the Adventures of Pinocchio, Terminal Velocity, DragonLore II, Space Quest I VGA, the Space Quest Collection, SimCity, SimCity 2000, Austin Powers Trivia (by Sierra), Sierra Family Fun Pack (Included the Hoyle Card games, etc), Nick's Picks.

Most of my gaming was, and still is, PC gaming, and I wish PC games were more popular. It's my favorite game medium.

Written By: Tay on 08/22/10 at 3:37 pm

There was a old math game that we used to play in computer rooms back in elementary. I can't remember the name but it had to do with snowballs and elves.... If anyone recalls the name please comment...

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/22/10 at 3:51 pm

The PC Game that I've played that was from the 90's was...

Civilization II

That Game is Epic!

Written By: whistledog on 08/22/10 at 7:11 pm

Anyone remember Scorched Earth?

I remember if you had a slow computer, waiting for a giant nuke to explode could take 5 mins

Written By: bchris02 on 08/22/10 at 11:45 pm

Anyone remember Scorched Earth?

I remember if you had a slow computer, waiting for a giant nuke to explode could take 5 mins

Oh wow...I nearly forgot about this classic from the early 1990s.  I just googled some screenshots and it brings back so many memories.

Written By: Iwih on 08/24/10 at 12:10 am

The best 90ds P/C game was a tie between the Close combat series or Hidden and Dangerous

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/24/10 at 2:24 pm

Sierra On-Line, Inc., Davidson & Associates Inc, and Knowledge Adventure pretty much all dominated my childhood in terms of PC games. Oddly enough, at the time I was playing those games (1996-1998), all 3 companies were owned by the same parent company: CUC/Cendant Software, along with Blizzard. But I didn't play Diablo until I was around 12.

Sadly, Sierra, Davidson and KA are all dead  :\'(

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/28/10 at 8:07 pm

Fallout was one of the games I never got around to playing back in the day.

But all the controversy over Fallout 3 and New Vegas prompted me to go back to play the original.  Fallout was awesome.  Completely non-linear plot, dozens of different endings dependent not only upon which quests you took, but how quickly you completed other quests, and you could do everything from turning women away from prostitution to killing children

About 10 hours into the game, an NPC was so outraged by the behavior of another NPC that it dropped multiple F-bombs.  For the first time in living memory, I was actually surprised by a game.

The user interface is cumbersome by today's standards, but you'll get used to it after a while.  If you have yet to play any of the games in the series, and are planning on playing FO3 or New Vegas, I'd recommend playing the series in order of release.  You'll lose a month of your life, but you'll see 15 years of gaming history.

Written By: Mel on 09/27/10 at 12:44 am

There's two games I've been looking for the names of, that I used to play in elementary school.

The first one had some creepy skinny purple guy. I remember one of the mini games was a dark room and when you struck the match something funny would pop up from the dark, and one of the things was the purple guy in the shower. Or another mini was you worked in a pet shop and you had to help the customer find the exact one they were looking for.

The other game took place in some school and every monster that popped up you had to take a picture of. I don't remember any more from the second one but if anyone can help me find either one of these two games it would be greatly appreciated!

Written By: nupur on 09/30/10 at 6:53 pm

There's two games I've been looking for the names of, that I used to play in elementary school.

The first one had some creepy skinny purple guy. I remember one of the mini games was a dark room and when you struck the match something funny would pop up from the dark, and one of the things was the purple guy in the shower. Or another mini was you worked in a pet shop and you had to help the customer find the exact one they were looking for.

That sounds very much like Microsoft's game, Fine Artist, which is my all-time favorite 90's computer game! The skinny purple guy was named McZee. Unfortunately, I do not recall anything about a pet shop in that game. Perhaps you are instead thinking of a similar game, Creative Writer, which also featured McZee. I never played that one, though, so I can't say for sure if there was any pet shop it. It's also possible that you may be thinking of 2 completely different games here! (But the first is definitely either Fine Artist or Creative Writer 8).)

Written By: paigem on 10/20/10 at 12:13 pm

i have been trying to get the name of this game for so long...please help!!! it was around 1990-1991, i was in sixth grade. we played this on the computers in the old computer lab. all i can remember is there was a little boy you had to help get around and moved things for him to step on. i remember there was a section with ice and he stepped on the blocks. any help would be great, i have been using google to search but no luck :(

Written By: paigem on 10/20/10 at 12:53 pm

i have been trying to get the name of this game for so long...please help!!! it was around 1990-1991, i was in sixth grade. we played this on the computers in the old computer lab. all i can remember is there was a little boy you had to help get around and moved things for him to step on. i remember there was a section with ice and he stepped on the blocks. any help would be great, i have been using google to search but no luck :(

finally solved my own mystery!! its CHIP'S CHALLENGE...

http://takegame.com/arcade/htm/chipschallenge.htm

Subject: RE: Fine Artist

Written By: nupur on 10/20/10 at 3:45 pm

RESPONSE TO sharlock (I hope you read this!) It wouldn't let me PM you back...

The latest Windows edition I used Fine Artist on was either Windows 98/ME or 2000 (old, I know!). I lost the disk before I could install it on XP or Vista  :(. I have, however, been able to successfully install and play other old computer games on my Windows Vista laptop. First, where do you run into problems? Are you able to install the software at all? If you are able to install and just can't run it thereafter, this is what I do on Vista (I am not very familiar with Windows 7, but perhaps it has similar features):

1. Go to the folder containing the program.
2. Right click on the application and select "properties."
3. Go the the "compatibility" tab.
4. From here, I usually have 2 options. It depends on the reason I can't run the program.
A. If you get an error related to color scheme or resolution, I would check the boxes that say "Run in 256 colors" and/or "Run in 640X480 screen resolution." Whether I click both or just one of the boxes takes a little trial and error to see which gets the program running and looking as nice as possible.
B. If the issue is something else, try checking the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select the latest version of Windows you think the program will work in. Again, this might take some trial and error.

In my experience, usually it is just an issue with the color scheme and/or resolution for old games.

With Windows 7, you most likely won't be able to follow this exact protocol. Just look for some program options/preferences that let you run Fine Artist in some kind of compatibility mode.

If you are having problems before you even get to install Fine Artist, let me know and I'll see if I can help with that.

Written By: nupur on 10/20/10 at 3:49 pm

There was a old math game that we used to play in computer rooms back in elementary. I can't remember the name but it had to do with snowballs and elves.... If anyone recalls the name please comment...

Treasure MathStorm?

Written By: lastquincy88 on 10/29/10 at 1:31 pm

I have been trying to remember the name of this game I used to play as a kid. I remember you were a kid trying to beat a mad scientist in races of many kinds. You would collect the parts in maze like levels then build build the racing vehicle, be it a soapbox car, a blimp, etc. I think it was educational as the only way to win the races was to make sure your vehicle was aerodynamic. It was a fun game, and just wish I could remember it's name.

Written By: nupur on 11/06/10 at 1:14 pm

I have been trying to remember the name of this game I used to play as a kid. I remember you were a kid trying to beat a mad scientist in races of many kinds. You would collect the parts in maze like levels then build build the racing vehicle, be it a soapbox car, a blimp, etc. I think it was educational as the only way to win the races was to make sure your vehicle was aerodynamic. It was a fun game, and just wish I could remember it's name.

Gizmos & Gadgets!! Another great game.

Written By: algor on 11/23/10 at 12:14 am

i been looking for a relatively old game. Basically you had a tank that could morph into a plane. Object of the game was to pick up stranded people who were being attacked by birds, giant spiders, etc. if too many people died, a massive swath of birds would be launched from this random craft flying around, and shoots you if you get close to it. only way to succeed (if this happens) was to kill all of these birds before they killed you. anyone have ANY clue?

i know that you could constantly morph back and forth from plane to tank/tank to plane as much as you wanted provided you had fuel to fly. i know that one of the special weapon pick ups was called "Trident Strike" which would fire like a machine gun with rounds firing off in different directions very rapidly. it was a 3d game, FPS flying/driving

Written By: Tay on 12/01/10 at 5:52 pm

There was a game back in elementary school that I remember playing, and I think it was by nickelodeon for some reason. All I remember is being in a purple room, and when you clicked on the cushion on the couch, it lifted up and there was purple goop under it.

Another good game was Troggle Trouble.

Written By: Adriana on 12/05/10 at 12:48 am

anyone remember croc??
or the jumpstart games? i used to always play those in elementary school haha.. :)
theres soo many games i used to play but i just cant remember any of the names..
fine artist was pretty amazing too! ahh memories :)

Written By: Adarcoi on 12/06/10 at 6:05 pm

I remember when we got our first PC in '95 we had all sorts of game show PC games. We had stuff like Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune...which oddly work on my Windows 7. We also had stuff like "Life", "Clue", weird sport fishing, interactive storybooks...plus all of the Jumpstart Games. (I think we had Jumpstart Advanced for 4-6 through.)
Elementary school had normal stuff like Kid Pix, Mosaics and Smokescreen (the cheap games public schools always got...Lol.)
But my favorite as a kid was probably "Math for the Real World". My mother got it for me when I was 8 even though it was for 4th graders. I remember she had told me they had a typo on the box and it was meant for 4 year olds. >< Not only do I feel stupid about it now, I really enjoyed that game!

Written By: Melody on 12/08/10 at 8:54 am

OMG!
Gizmos and gadgets! Thank you, whoever mentioned that one! I was going... "What the hell was that science-y game we used to play in 6th grade?"
And that was it. XD

But I have another weird game I remember from even earlier. I don't remember much about it, but basically, it was a medical game and you actually had to go into the patient's bloodstream and go around looking for the virus. I was in like... 3rd grade, and it was played on a mac. I wish I remember what it was called. XD

Also... I want storybook weaver. And kid pix studio. I loved that sheesh.

Written By: Tammy on 12/09/10 at 4:55 pm

can anyone remember this game that was about finding the correct pizza toppings? there were these little creatures making the pizza. i think the name of the game starts with "z"...! please help me find it. ;)

Written By: Stephanie on 12/13/10 at 10:38 am

There were two games I played I want to say in the late 90s as a kid. I cannot for the life of me remember the names of either. One was like a monster house, or a house full of monsters, you had to find like body parts or something and build a monster and mix potions and stuff, it had a bunch of mini games liek hangman I think too. Then there was one that was mostly educational, maybe, lol. It was about Kangaroos or something, you like made a kangaroo and named it and stuff, I don't rmember much else. Sorry for the lack of information but, if anyone knows these games, it would be GREATLY appriciated to know any of the names or something.

I also played Oregon Trail, Leisure Suit Larry and Freddy Pharkas. :)

Written By: Corey Brown on 12/14/10 at 7:44 am

Some games from the 90's are actually better than present ones, the best had to be:
Theme Park World, Premier Manager 93/94, Monkey Island and i think abes oddesy was too :)

Written By: kayla on 12/14/10 at 9:37 pm

I am also looking for the game where you go around and collect books and when you die the worm comes to save you. Can anyone give any insight on this?

Written By: william on 12/17/10 at 4:46 pm

can any one tell me if they can remember 2 games the first one was a little turtle game were you rote co-ordinates to control the turtles movements and it would leave a white line behind it.

And the second was a kind of adventure/puzzle solving game you chose your aria on a map with scale for e.g A.B.C.D.E. down one side and 1.2.3.4.5 across the bottom and you had to colect things to unlock the next aria of the map  PLEASE HELP ME

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/18/10 at 7:14 pm

can any one tell me if they can remember 2 games the first one was a little turtle game were you rote co-ordinates to control the turtles movements and it would leave a white line behind it.

That sounds a lot like the computer language LOGO

It actually dates back to the late 60s, was pretty popular with educational institutions in the mid-80s (when microcomputers became cheap and ubiquitous enough to use it in schools).  It was a great way to introduce people to the basics of programming, and I'm kinda happy to realize that it survived to the 90s.

Written By: nally on 12/19/10 at 12:15 pm

That sounds a lot like the computer language LOGO

It actually dates back to the late 60s, was pretty popular with educational institutions in the mid-80s (when microcomputers became cheap and ubiquitous enough to use it in schools).  It was a great way to introduce people to the basics of programming, and I'm kinda happy to realize that it survived to the 90s.

One of my very first experiences with using the computer involved LOGO. This was in the late 1980s (specifically 1988-89, my 3rd grade year). The main cursor was a "turtle", and you could direct him to make lots of designs, moving him around with FD and BK any number of steps, then turn him LT or RT a certain number of angular degrees. And of course, program your own routines. I had lots of fun with that.

Written By: elyssa on 12/21/10 at 11:25 pm

Now I'm not sure if anyone would know this game, but it was a kids pc game. It involved a community of treehouses or something like that, and you got to design your own treehouse and make it look like a castle, submarine, etc. And one of the other treehouses in the area was a store owned by a bear who would help you learn basic money handling skills. That's all I really recall from it. If anyone thinks it sounds familiar let me know! Thanks! :]

Written By: nintieskid999 on 12/24/10 at 9:59 am

I think the best Oregon Trail game was Oregon Trail 2 hands down. It had better music and better gameplay than all the rest. I remember playing it for hours on end. I liked experimenting with different possible outcomes.

Written By: Littlemouse on 01/04/11 at 5:33 pm

can anyone remember this game that was about finding the correct pizza toppings? there were these little creatures making the pizza. i think the name of the game starts with "z"...! please help me find it. ;)

It was the zoombinis! Its like my favourite game of all time. It taught u logic and I remember I never finished it cause there were so many zoombinis you had to transport!
And by the way, whoever mentioned gizmos and gadgets you are a lifesaver, the name of that game has been seriously bugging me for months!
Carmen Sandiego was one of my faves as well!

Written By: JP the Robot on 01/09/11 at 10:00 pm

There were two games I played I want to say in the late 90s as a kid. I cannot for the life of me remember the names of either. One was like a monster house, or a house full of monsters, you had to find like body parts or something and build a monster and mix potions and stuff, it had a bunch of mini games liek hangman I think too.

I don't mean to resurrect... but I was googling to discover the name of Gizmos and Gadgets (THANK YOU to whomever, btw) and saw this.

The game you're thinking of is Gahan Wilson's "The Haunted House". You had to find 13 keys before 13 o'clock and there was an evil and a good gahan, a torture chamber, a kitchen where you had to mix body parts, a monster doorknob, a haunted record player, etc... the scene you're thinking of is the Frankenstein/Igor lab, if you put the monster together wrong and zapped it with lightning it would writhe and twitch, but if you did it right he would come to life and dance to that song Monster Mash.

That game was IN. TENSE. I never knew anyone else played it, I don't even remember how I found it.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/17/11 at 9:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkk8sVajqE

The gameplay for I.M. Meen is essentially an educational version of Doom: an educational first person shooter!

Written By: Angela on 01/18/11 at 12:41 pm

does anyone remember the name of the game (def 90's or younger) where there was this character guy who went down into a mine and had to run from monsters or kill them somehow and collect these jewels and stuff and each level doesnt always look like a mine and theres mine carts sometimes and a dinosaur that funs faster towards you when he notices you...anyone remember the name of it???

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 1:17 pm

does anyone remember the name of the game (def 90's or younger) where there was this character guy who went down into a mine and had to run from monsters or kill them somehow and collect these jewels and stuff and each level doesnt always look like a mine and theres mine carts sometimes and a dinosaur that funs faster towards you when he notices you...anyone remember the name of it???

Spelunker?

Written By: haugaard on 01/19/11 at 2:16 am

wow i can remember a few of these. there is one that ive been trying to find for a long time, played it on my old mac. the game was basically a platformer. you were a guy and you ran around in this little area trying to collect these bananas or something, and there were enemies in red that killed you. i distinctly remember the game over screen which was a tomb stone that read R. I. P. does any of this ring a bell? thnx

Written By: Killian on 01/22/11 at 6:03 am

Hey everyone, i've been plagued with a memory of a game from the 90's i enjoyed when iw as growing up. Of course i played all the classics like Doom i and ii but there was one particular FPS style game i struggle to remember the name of. If anyone could help me remember what it was that'd be amazing.
All i remember about it was that you played as a woman (maybe) who was clad in black leather or something, very tightly. Your head/helm was very pointy and long horizontally, and you had a Gun attatchment for a hand. It was fairly futuristic, and you had things like parachutes. I remember the monsters or aliens were pig like or something.. usually quite large and mechanical.
Other things i remember about it are it would switch from fps view to 3rd person, and this allowed you to do certain parts of a level using your parachute to glide through it, or something like that.
I remember the letter 'M' and 'K' in the name but not much else, maybe side by side like MK II or something like that. I'm pretty certain it was for the PC.
Thanks

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/23/11 at 8:19 pm

clad in black leather or something, very tightly. Your head/helm was very pointy and long horizontally, and you had a Gun attatchment for a hand. It was fairly futuristic, and you had things like parachutes.

*snip*

I remember the letter 'M' and 'K' in the name but not much else, maybe side by side like MK II or something like that. I'm pretty certain it was for the PC.

I'm going with MDK or MDK 2.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/97/Mdk1cover.jpg/256px-Mdk1cover.jpg

Not just for the pointy head, but from the Wikipedia article for MDK:

"Pairing his new "Coil Suit", a revolutionary armor suit capable of repelling "bullets, bees, and small but very hard sticks" that held a retractable/re-usable "ribbon chute" for parachuting or gliding, along with an arm-mounted chaingun that also serves as a head-mounted sniper rifle, Dr. Hawkins had the perfect weapons suite. Kurt was the only one who could wear it, due to the Doctor's age and Max's extra pair of legs." (emphasis added)

Do any of the screenshots from MDK or MDK 2 ring a bell?

If so, and if you'd like to play again, Good Old Games offers legitimate/licensed DRM-free digital downloads, suitably ported/modified/tweaked so that it still runs on XP/Vista/Win7:  MDK and MDK 2 are available for a whopping $5.99.  (And similar deals for many of the other games on this thread, but that's beside the point.  I'm just surprised we got this deep into a thread about retrogaming without mentioning GOG.)

Written By: dymphna on 01/24/11 at 8:56 pm

Trying really hard to remember the name of a computer game that my sister and I use to play in the Late 80s early 90s but can't! Can anyone help????
It was a science game,  :o
We answered questions to be able to go faster in the next race portion
I think the characters were named quark or quasar
I think the two main character looked kinda like snorks and were a brother and sister...  Any help? Its driving me nuts!

Written By: dymphna on 01/24/11 at 9:36 pm

Trying really hard to remember the name of a computer game that my sister and I use to play in the Late 80s early 90s but can't! Can anyone help????
I think the two main character looked kinda like snorks and were a brother and sister...  Any help? Its driving me nuts!

A little more info on it....The more you got correct the faster your character would travel in the next racing cutscene. If you did well you might get a jet or waterski.. If you did poorly you would be rollerblading or the like. There was also a college setting for difficulty.
The game had a fun sense of humor and had a few animations on each page. At certain points there was a new reporter (Rico Suave??)

Written By: Pwncess on 01/27/11 at 12:44 pm

I have had a huge headache trying to figure out what this game is.
I played it in the 90s on a mac when I was in elementary school.
All I remember is you chose from different robot-type things
and you had to kind of "race" against your partner to the end
I can't remember if it was math related but I think it was...

I'm sorry it's vague but I can't offer any more information.
If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Written By: solis89 on 02/03/11 at 6:03 pm

Okay, I'm having difficulties remembering this game I played when I was in elementary school. I involved this dungeon/labyrinth, and it was first person. You picked things up and had an inventory, there was a puddle of acid, a big spider web, a torch, and multiple challenges you had to go through to get out of it. Any help would be nice.

Written By: Sarah on 02/03/11 at 10:52 pm

Chip's Challenge was my favorite game I spent all day trying to beat all the levels! And cat and mouse!! I was eight years old when I played those games!

Written By: Diana on 02/05/11 at 8:14 pm

Pleasepleasplease help! I've been reading all the entries in case a name rings a bell, but I just can't remember the names of two games. I think both were from late 90s, maybe earlier. I also played them on a MAC, according to my dad.

On the first, you play a blonde kid with a red cap(and footed pajamas?) with a slingshot. I think the whole thing takes place in a graveyard or something like that, for you have to fight zombies. There are also snakes that strike from dark walls, you can only see their eyes. I also recall freeing puppies and kittens from cages hanging from Idon'trememberwhat.. If it helps, the zombies were green and had torn jeans and red shirts... I guess. It was all on 2D. Oh man, I know it's a crappy description, but the next one's even worse lol :P

In the second game you are this hunky dude with a large gun-like weapon. I think he is blonde too.. and wears blue pants and a red top (Ha I hope I'm not mixing stuff). You are in an abandoned factory full of aliens and things with tentacles (nope, no zombies at all). I also remember a level/boss level? in which you have to shoot upwards to a flying saucer thing with an orange Jabba the Hutt-looking alien inside. Also in 2D, this one.

Soooo.. yeah that's the basics. Maybe the games aren't that popular, but I doubt I was the only kid in the world who played them. Thanks in advance!!

Written By: Whaddup! on 02/13/11 at 6:57 pm

I am also looking for the game where you go around and collect books and when you die the worm comes to save you. Can anyone give any insight on this?

Word Rescue!

Play it without downloading here: http://www.classicdosgames.com/online/1rescue.html

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/13/11 at 7:22 pm

Okay, I'm having difficulties remembering this game I played when I was in elementary school. I involved this dungeon/labyrinth, and it was first person. You picked things up and had an inventory, there was a puddle of acid, a big spider web, a torch, and multiple challenges you had to go through to get out of it. Any help would be nice.

I.M. Meen?

Written By: Shiv on 02/13/11 at 10:45 pm

I wonder if 90s PC games will ever become collectible someday. There's a huge glut of them in every thrift store and garage sale I go to, many of them are in the original boxes. You can buy them for almost nothing. I wonder if there will be a market for them in 5 years like the way there's a market for 80s games?

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/14/11 at 6:48 am

I wonder if 90s PC games will ever become collectible someday. There's a huge glut of them in every thrift store and garage sale I go to, many of them are in the original boxes. You can buy them for almost nothing. I wonder if there will be a market for them in 5 years like the way there's a market for 80s games?

Probably not as much. The thing is while computers were becoming quite popular in the '80s, they weren't as ubiquitous as they were in the '90s. There will be a market, but prices for most games that were popular and common won't be worth much for many years and decades to come. Some of the rare titles however are those I'd keep holding on to, however.

Written By: Modisette on 02/17/11 at 9:32 pm

the other was one where you were on a island and you played a carnival game to get a choice between 3 demented looking doll

This is the game that I was looking for. I've been searching all day and thought I maybe dreamed it. The 3 doll things...I finally found it. The Secret Isle of Dr. Quandary.

http://www.8bitchick.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/free.jpg

Kind of freaked me out as a kid, but I loved that game.

Written By: 86Shayla06Lynn10Coder on 02/18/11 at 4:59 am

I was born in 86 so I played the learning games mostly like..

*Putt Putt the little purple car
*freddie fish
*Oregon trail
there was like a bookworm or a owl like reading book game.. thats all i can remember of it.
umm there was one where you could write your own story pictures and words..

then I also played
*Xargon
*Hocus Pocus

Written By: nutterbutter on 02/22/11 at 1:18 pm

im trying to find the name of a game i played in elementary school.  Im pretty sure i played it on an old mac.  You played as a guy in a loin cloth in the jungle i believe and it was a puzzle sort of game with tigers and lions and maybe other animals that moved across the screen and if you got in their path they would eat you and you would have to start the puzzle over.  There were also people who shot blow darts at you i think?  i know that description sucked but thats all i can remember about it.  I literally used to play it everyday after school and i could never beat this one level lol.  someone please help

Written By: Tal on 02/23/11 at 2:35 pm

One was a guy running around with a net catching things (i think it was gnomes or something i really cant remember)

It's called the The Secret Island of Dr. Quandary

Written By: Sami on 02/23/11 at 4:35 pm

I JUST figured out the games I played with I was younger...

Anyone remember Pajama Sam? Freddi Fish? Those games were awesome! In fact, I am downloading them now to play for old times sake. I also played Oregon Trail, Dinosaur Tycoon, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago, and a Jump Start game that I can't remember specs on. :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/25/11 at 6:46 am

I had a game called Drowned God, which was really weird.  I could never really figure it out so I lost interest.  It was about an alien invasion or something.  Then there was Duke Nukem... my friends loved that back around '96.  A friend of mine had a game called "You Don't Know Jack"... trivia game.  it was fun.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/26/11 at 1:56 am

Then there was Duke Nukem... my friends loved that back around '96. 

Ah, Duke!  (In those two words, you know all you really need to know about me.)

2011 is the first year that I've thought Duke Nukem Forever could actually happen.

Written By: Katie on 02/26/11 at 5:37 am

I just came across this as I was trying to remember the name of this game I loved when I was younger.
All I remember is something with morphing, and maybe a Dracula and a Frankenstein. Haha, I can't remember it too well. I think the layout was something with the person sitting in the middle and options in the forms of vials and apothecary type things around them. I'm pretty sure it was a PC game. Please tell me someone remembers this game! It's driving me crazy.

(:

Written By: Jenny on 03/02/11 at 12:24 pm

Pleasepleasplease help! I've been reading all the entries in case a name rings a bell, but I just can't remember the names of two games. I think both were from late 90s, maybe earlier. I also played them on a MAC, according to my dad.

On the first, you play a blonde kid with a red cap(and footed pajamas?) with a slingshot. I think the whole thing takes place in a graveyard or something like that, for you have to fight zombies. There are also snakes that strike from dark walls, you can only see their eyes. I also recall freeing puppies and kittens from cages hanging from Idon'trememberwhat.. If it helps, the zombies were green and had torn jeans and red shirts... I guess. It was all on 2D. Oh man, I know it's a crappy description, but the next one's even worse lol :P

In the second game you are this hunky dude with a large gun-like weapon. I think he is blonde too.. and wears blue pants and a red top (Ha I hope I'm not mixing stuff). You are in an abandoned factory full of aliens and things with tentacles (nope, no zombies at all). I also remember a level/boss level? in which you have to shoot upwards to a flying saucer thing with an orange Jabba the Hutt-looking alien inside. Also in 2D, this one.

Soooo.. yeah that's the basics. Maybe the games aren't that popular, but I doubt I was the only kid in the world who played them. Thanks in advance!!

I believe it was called Bio Menace
for the second one

Written By: Bindi on 03/02/11 at 7:39 pm

Reader Rabbit, Treasure Mountain, The Secret Isle of Dr. Quandary

Oh the memories!

I'm trying to remember one game in particular.. all I can remember is that it had circus music. =/ I wish I could remember more!

Subject: Gorillas?

Written By: Bindi on 03/02/11 at 7:59 pm

Anyone remember that game Gorillas? You guessed a number or something and then the Gorilla threw the banana.. or boomerang.. whatever it was.
Here's a screenshot:

http://www.oldmanmusings.com/Media/2008/05/gorillasbas_play.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 03/02/11 at 8:04 pm

Anyone remember that game Gorillas? You guessed a number or something and then the Gorilla threw the banana.. or boomerang.. whatever it was.
Here's a screenshot:

http://www.oldmanmusings.com/Media/2008/05/gorillasbas_play.jpg

Yes.  That game was part of the Q-Basic program that also had Nibbles.

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/04/11 at 10:55 am

Anyone ever play Jumping Flash?? I loveddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooooveddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooooveddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooovedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddooooooooooooooooooveddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

that game.

Written By: Rhodes on 03/05/11 at 11:21 am

On the first, you play a blonde kid with a red cap(and footed pajamas?) with a slingshot. I think the whole thing takes place in a graveyard or something like that, for you have to fight zombies. There are also snakes that strike from dark walls, you can only see their eyes. I also recall freeing puppies and kittens from cages hanging from Idon'trememberwhat.. If it helps, the zombies were green and had torn jeans and red shirts... I guess. It was all on 2D. Oh man, I know it's a crappy description, but the next one's even worse lol

The second one sounds like bio menace. though it sounds a bit like corridor 7 as well.... the first one is either that mighty max video game or one of the commander earlier keen games.

Written By: Rhodes on 03/05/11 at 11:23 am

couldn't edit my earlier post.... just remembered....that second game is called 'kens nightmare' got it on a disk somewhere but I never knew it was available on a mac...

Written By: silverwolf_86 on 03/07/11 at 7:42 am

Hey guys. i dont know if u can help but for the past year i have been rackin my brains for a game i used to love playing from the 90's. all i remember about it is that its a childrens learning game in a dungeon area i think. but it has side games like anagrams, some kind of triangle game, english language style games aand maths games. any help would be greatly appreciated as that game helped me learn and i hope it will do the same for my 3yr old daughter

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/07/11 at 1:53 pm

Hey guys. i dont know if u can help but for the past year i have been rackin my brains for a game i used to love playing from the 90's. all i remember about it is that its a childrens learning game in a dungeon area i think. but it has side games like anagrams, some kind of triangle game, english language style games aand maths games. any help would be greatly appreciated as that game helped me learn and i hope it will do the same for my 3yr old daughter

sounds a lot like Breaking The Grade.  Yes, that's what it was.

Written By: Adj6525 on 03/09/11 at 9:52 pm

I need help remembering the name of a 90s Sci-Fi/Adventure game. You played some kind of scientist who had crash landed on an alien world and had to go around and find missing ship parts. Along the way you had to solve logic-based puzzles and negotiate around various alien creatures. The zones alternated between futuristic/industrial looking and jungle-ish. In particular I remember rooms where the floor was covered in slime and a monster moved through the slime towards you whenever you stepped on it. The game was in a sort of pseudo-3D isometric view with relatively detailed textures (for the time period) Please help with the name.

Written By: Cher on 03/29/11 at 11:55 am

Me and my sister are trying to figure out a computer game we used to play when we were kids... it started when we heard the word decals and that sparked our memory... the game had somethign to do with winning decals for what we think is a car... we think the main character was a person of some sort who had to go through doors.... wow so vague haha help us!!

Written By: Marissa on 04/05/11 at 5:16 pm

Ok... so I used to play this game when I was little and now I have absolutely NO CLUE what it is!! all I remember is that there would be giant falling moai statues that landed on this really wierd little dancing guy!! UGH plz help!!

Written By: elllimerefeiwalin on 04/07/11 at 2:11 am

Guys does anyone remember this odd game.

You're watching a TV show, and suddenly all the cartoon characters from the show come alive, and you're supposed to round them all up to get them back in the TV.
You live in this apartment building, so you have to go to each floor and play minigames to get them to come back.
Anyone? Its been torturing me for ages.

Also, there was one called "Circus" where one of the things you could do was teach elephants how to dance. There's even a real nifty song about it too, its been stuck in my head for at least 13 years now.

Written By: Mae on 04/09/11 at 12:20 am

Alright guys. I have gone through all of these posts and didn't see anything that matched the game I am trying to remember the name of. The plot: you are in a museum and you have to go into the exhibits (and in a sense, the time period) to pick up clues and whatnot. I haven't played this game since 96 at the latest and I only played it at school after playing number crunchers and treasure mathstorm (which were "mandatory"). I would love to be able to find this game! HELP!

Written By: youngerderek on 04/09/11 at 12:27 am

anyone remember Skunny?

Written By: nupur on 04/10/11 at 9:24 am

Me and my sister are trying to figure out a computer game we used to play when we were kids... it started when we heard the word decals and that sparked our memory... the game had somethign to do with winning decals for what we think is a car... we think the main character was a person of some sort who had to go through doors.... wow so vague haha help us!!

I think you are thinking of Gizmos and Gadgets. You had to open doors by playing mini-games and collect parts for your vehicle (automotive, alternative energy, and aircraft were the 3 kinds of vehicles). One of the "part" types that you could get was a decal. Then, once your vehicle was built, you'd race it with the bad guy's vehicle. If you won, you got a trophy and you'd move on to making the next vehicle. If you lost, you had the chance to go back through the doors and find better parts.

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/11/11 at 10:52 am

Alright guys. I have gone through all of these posts and didn't see anything that matched the game I am trying to remember the name of. The plot: you are in a museum and you have to go into the exhibits (and in a sense, the time period) to pick up clues and whatnot. I haven't played this game since 96 at the latest and I only played it at school after playing number crunchers and treasure mathstorm (which were "mandatory"). I would love to be able to find this game! HELP!

I got it.  It's "Where In The World is Carmen SanDiego".  That's definitely the game you're looking for.

Written By: Mara on 04/13/11 at 10:28 pm

When I was in middle school (around 1998...) we played a PC game in our music class. It was a game that taught you different things about music and was set in a castle. You had to do these quests in order to unlock something... Any ideas? :D

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/14/11 at 6:31 am

When I was in middle school (around 1998...) we played a PC game in our music class. It was a game that taught you different things about music and was set in a castle. You had to do these quests in order to unlock something... Any ideas? :D

It was called "Castle of Music" and it's now available on Blu-Ray!

Written By: guest on 04/16/11 at 2:51 pm

I need help remembering the name of a 90s Sci-Fi/Adventure game. You played some kind of scientist who had crash landed on an alien world and had to go around and find missing ship parts. Along the way you had to solve logic-based puzzles and negotiate around various alien creatures. The zones alternated between futuristic/industrial looking and jungle-ish. In particular I remember rooms where the floor was covered in slime and a monster moved through the slime towards you whenever you stepped on it. The game was in a sort of pseudo-3D isometric view with relatively detailed textures (for the time period) Please help with the name.

That's Dr. Brain's IQ Adventure!  I still have it - right next to me, in fact.

I've been trying to remember a couple of games... one was a cartoon haunted house game in which you had to travel through various rooms finding creepy/silly things, there was a game of tic-tac-toe at one point, eventually you found the basement key and from there found the front door key.

Another game was actually a series of games?  The main characters were a (black?) boy and a girl and a purple dinosaur (not Barney, I think he had a yellow hat at one point) who had various educational quests.  I remember a top-down 2d Mayan maze in which you had to avoid guards and answer questions and maybe find the odd power-up, another maze that was side-scrolling and you were the dinosaur and had to jet around finding crystals or numbers or something, and there was some kind of politics mode which never actually worked for me but would have you running your own planet.  I think there was a game where you had to time yourself drumming but it might've been something completely different.

This might be part of the game I mentioned above, but it was a kind of Lemmings-like thing involving these moronic creatures that you had to guide through a level using maths or something, and get them all safely to the exit?

Written By: Sam on 04/16/11 at 10:38 pm

Ok I'm hoping someone on here can help. It's been bugging me all day. When I was younger I remember playing a pc game about having a healthy life style. You would have to choose different foods to eat at different places and it gave you points. Also there was something like a wheel of death? With all sorts of bad things like drugs and stuff on it. Does anyone remember this game? I think I remember playing it around 95-97ish?

Written By: NostalgiadUDE on 04/26/11 at 2:40 pm

Reader Rabbit, Treasure Mountain, The Secret Isle of Dr. Quandary

Oh the memories!

I'm trying to remember one game in particular.. all I can remember is that it had circus music. =/ I wish I could remember more!

OMG I KNOW THIS GAME BUT I DONT KNOW THE NAME THE MUSIC STILL PLAYS IN MY HEAD! IT REMINDS ME OF THIS GAME DUE TO ITS ANIMATION http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/lennys-music-toons/screenshots BUT IT HAD MINI GAMES ONE HAD A FUNNY FISH GAME AND YOU WOND THESE WIERD PRIZES AND U CAN MAKE A BAND AND CUSTOMIZE THE PEOPLE AND WHAT THEY PLAYED!!! cARNIVAL SOMETHING UGH PPLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U WHO THIS GAME!

Written By: Rhodes on 05/11/11 at 1:45 pm

anyone remember Skunny?

a little too well. I still have the disk copies of skunny back to the forest and skunny racing that I bought in 1994 :S

how about the old moraff games?

come to think of it there are a ton of early/mid 90s games that were released as shareware at the time

most annoying one they ever made was 'shadowforce' oh how I hate that game

Written By: wsmith4 on 05/11/11 at 2:40 pm

a little too well. I still have the disk copies of skunny back to the forest and skunny racing that I bought in 1994 :S

how about the old moraff games?

come to think of it there are a ton of early/mid 90s games that were released as shareware at the time

most annoying one they ever made was 'shadowforce' oh how I hate that game

OMG I hated Shadowforce too!! Remember how hard it was to get through level 2 when the beams would come down from that coppercot and hit you?  Then they'd always to say you were leaning too far to the right and fell off that plane.

Written By: tiffani on 05/27/11 at 9:57 am

I've been looking for the title to Word Rescue for ever! Thanks for helping me!

Also, someone posted about a game where you had to go into the body and find viruses; it was called 3D BODY :)

Written By: apeninja on 05/28/11 at 2:54 am

Okay I am now on the quest to rediscover this game, I was so emotionally attached to it even though I didn't get very far -

I think it had kind of scary intense music. The opening cutscene was your wife/lover in bed and I think she was a black woman. I also think there may have been swearing in the game, because I remember the reason I didn't get very far was that I had to sneak to play it. You were a good man who was somehow tricked/poisoned/otherwise transmogrified into a hideous beast. There was a theme of sin/heaven because the temple enemies were all in white robes and bald headed and quite serene and monkish. Anyway, you got turned into a monster and if you tried to speak to anyone or if anyone saw you they would attack you in fear. There was voice acting. I think the game was 3D.
(I think there was a doctor that you trusted. I'm not sure if your wife rejected you or if you killed her or something horrible.)

Also: Ahhh Number Munchers! I thought I was the only one! I have Zoombinis now for DOSbox as well haha. I played a comic game batman & robin thing where you made comics and the stamps of the characters moved and you got to record the movement as you dragged them across the screen, and as you wrote your little handpaint style dialogue. It was so so good. Some of the other games I played as a kid -
Lemmings, Thinking Things 2 (freaking awesome set of mildly educational games), Echo, Doom, Baldur's Gate, and an awesome platform game called something like zed which used to scare me rotten as a kid that had horrible music and if you fell in the green water your character bobbed and sort of screamed and then came up and all the skin melted off and left a skull. Traumatised me as a kid but thoroughly enjoyed as an adult :D

Written By: Megan on 05/28/11 at 11:51 pm

The other game took place in some school and every monster that popped up you had to take a picture of. I don't remember any more from the second one but if anyone can help me find either one of these two games it would be greatly appreciated!

The second one you are talking about is Super Solvers Midnight Rescue! ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCrEB73Mgrs

Written By: Sam on 05/29/11 at 8:18 am

I don't know if this is right but i think it is a 1990 learning computer video game where 2 kids search different worlds for books or something and when they die a worm with an umbrella gets them and they lose a life. does anyone remember what that game was called ?

hey i was looking for this exact same game, its called word rescue i loved that game hope this helped :P

Written By: delaford321 on 05/30/11 at 8:52 pm

Has anyone mentioned Sticky Bear Bounce for the Apple II? I'd play that now if I could find it online. That's what I used to play in school after we were done learning typing, when someone had already taken The Oregon Trail of course, "NO don't shoot more than one buffalo, the meat will go bad!"

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/30/11 at 10:06 pm

Has anyone mentioned Sticky Bear Bounce for the Apple II?

A little after my time, but I remember the shelves filled with 'em.  Stickybear (especially on 8-bit machines like the Apple 2) was more of an 80s thing than a 90s thing, but this should help:

fNZc3CqWXFE

If that gameplay looks familiar (except that the screencap is from the Atari 800XL), you're looking for Stickybear Bop.

w23VBBbukOM

If that looks familar (again, Atari 800XL screencap), you're looking for Stickybear Basket Bounce.

Here's a review of the Apple ]Stickybear series from Xerox Education Publication.  You're going to have to dig around for the disk images, but there are several open-source Apple ][ emulators that will be capable of running it.

Written By: Mindy on 05/31/11 at 8:22 pm

What game did we play where you start as a small fish and eat fish smaller than you to get bigger?  You had to avoid some beaver or seal at the top of the water and keep from being eaten by fish bigger than you.  Secondly, was it Concentration? Or some game show-like game where you removed pieces from the screen which revealed a picture that sounded out into some catch phrase?  Like a picture of a sheep= "you".  I loved those but I can't remember the names!  I think they were on the school computers.

Written By: Rob on 06/07/11 at 9:35 pm

first game is called Monster Bash. i am 100 % sure :)

Written By: Mioo on 06/09/11 at 12:04 am

I cannot remember the name of this game...I used to play it on the computer, it was a CD rom. I remember in the beginning this fat guy wearing a hat and a shirt showing his belly gets a phone call, then it shows him getting in a taxi going acrossed this map..in the game I remember there being ghosts and you some how fighting them or just going through the obstacles to get to the next level...at one point I remember him being in a jail type area and there was a poster on the wall that randomly said "do you know how to whistle? just put your lips together and blow" also he collected donuts and hot dogs and things...

ive tried searching for it for so long to remeber...pleease tell me someone has any idea of what im talking about? ughh

Written By: wsmith4 on 06/13/11 at 2:11 pm

Trivia for y'all

How many games were there in the 1990's for computers and/or gaming systems?  Hint:  The # is over 100, but under 1 billion.  And there are more that start with the letters a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y, and z than any other letters.

Written By: ducky11188 on 07/13/11 at 2:01 pm

I played a lot of these games some of you are talking about. The Treasure something series (Treasure Mountain, Treasure Cove, Treasure Galaxy), Gizmos and Gadgets, Freddie Fish, Putt Putt (goes to the moon, goes to the zoo), Sims Theme Park, Zoo Tycoon, Snootz Math Trek, The Magic School Bus series. I know I am forgetting some. Here I thought gaming was a new obsession of mine. Naming all these old games made me realize I've been playing games since I was like 10! This isn't new at all.

There is one game I need help finding the name of. My sister and I can not remember the name at all and it is driving us crazy. The only part we remember is a cat who sang a song. The two lines we remember were something like "with my tail stratigically curled" and "in my kitty corner, kitty corner of the world". I also vaguely remember counting coins somewhere in this game.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/13/11 at 2:33 pm

There is one game I need help finding the name of. My sister and I can not remember the name at all and it is driving us crazy. The only part we remember is a cat who sang a song. The two lines we remember were something like "with my tail stratigically curled" and "in my kitty corner, kitty corner of the world". I also vaguely remember counting coins somewhere in this game.

Math Traveler 2

Written By: Anne on 07/25/11 at 7:46 am

This is gonna sound really stupid because I can't remember much haha but does anyone remember a game where there were vending machines and you would get (or so I think) either purple or orange or green, sodas or bags of dust or gummies or something.
Sorry for the lack of information I can't really remember much about the game, I just know I played it is kid and remember it had something to do with vending machines and different colored items. I think there was also something about magic but I'm not entirely sure.

If anyone can help me out at all that would be awesome :)

I believe the game you're talking about it called 'Framed'
And it doesn't seem as though many people use to play it, but it was one of my favorites growing up

http://www.squakenet.com/computer_games/5921/Framed/download.html

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/25/11 at 3:09 pm

What game did we play where you start as a small fish and eat fish smaller than you to get bigger?  You had to avoid some beaver or seal at the top of the water and keep from being eaten by fish bigger than you.   Secondly, was it Concentration? Or some game show-like game where you removed pieces from the screen which revealed a picture that sounded out into some catch phrase?  Like a picture of a sheep= "you".  I loved those but I can't remember the names!  I think they were on the school computers.

Lake Odell.

Anyone remember Treasure Mathstorm?

Written By: katbrown82 on 08/01/11 at 10:32 am

This thread is BEYOND addictive!

I would be indebted to anyone who can help figure out what game this is, which I adored in my school's computer club about 1993-95.

You're in a science lab and you have to obtain random items (I remember milk, definitely! A microwave? A wrench? Flowers?) to make up new ones. I'm fairly sure you played a scientist, but either way, it was a really fun and addictive game.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/01/11 at 11:16 pm

This thread is BEYOND addictive!

I don't have an answer (yet), but while you wait for us to figure it out, take a detour over here.  Their threads are limited by time, but when you get back, ours will remain open.

Written By: Mattyroo on 08/05/11 at 8:41 pm

I cannot remember the name of this game...I used to play it on the computer, it was a CD rom. I remember in the beginning this fat guy wearing a hat and a shirt showing his belly gets a phone call, then it shows him getting in a taxi going acrossed this map..in the game I remember there being ghosts and you some how fighting them or just going through the obstacles to get to the next level...at one point I remember him being in a jail type area and there was a poster on the wall that randomly said "do you know how to whistle? just put your lips together and blow" also he collected donuts and hot dogs and things...

ive tried searching for it for so long to remeber...pleease tell me someone has any idea of what im talking about? ughh

Ive looked for this game for so long!!! and he had a monster band. Im going to buy it, beat it, i could never beat the new york level and i remember the guy sounded like bobcat goldthwait!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Zykix22 on 08/06/11 at 10:24 am

hey, i am trying to remember this math game i played in the late 90's which involved racing up to four computers bots. You could be humans, cars, or robots i think. And you would have to answer math problems as quick as you could to progress further to get to the finish line. Much like that that boat race for the old All The Right Type. if anyone can remember the name, it would be really nice. My elementary school computers only had that along with Maths Circus. Thanks.

Written By: MonsterBashhh on 08/08/11 at 9:19 pm

For the person looking for:  "On the first, you play a blonde kid with a red cap(and footed pajamas?) with a slingshot. I think the whole thing takes place in a graveyard or something like that, for you have to fight zombies. There are also snakes that strike from dark walls, you can only see their eyes. I also recall freeing puppies and kittens from cages hanging from Idon'trememberwhat.. If it helps, the zombies were green and had torn jeans and red shirts... I guess. It was all on 2D. Oh man, I know it's a crappy description, but the next one's even worse lol :P"

The name of the game is Monster Bash.  My fiancee's sister is amazing and found this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Bash

There's the link!  Enjoy :D

Written By: dale on 08/08/11 at 9:19 pm

maybe someone can help me i have been thinking of a game but i could not think of the name of the game it got it when i was in school from my teacher it came with a book it was suppose to be eeducational can someone help please

Written By: pygmi on 08/09/11 at 1:42 am

I know this sounds utterly retarded but it is driving me ISNANE! When I was in elementary school there was this game where you had to set up the pulley's and the rope in order to move your mine cart based on the weight of the cart and the weights on the other side. You had to set it all up and it's driving me nuts that I can't remember that but I can remember number munchers and oregon trail like nothing else. I was addicted to Bookworms I think and eventually I learned of Doom... oh Doom how we downloaded you on ever computer we could get to in Jr High....

Written By: Chitristown on 08/09/11 at 3:35 pm

I'm thinking of a game from the mid to late 90s.  I played it on a Macintosh computer. 

The game involved being in a house at night, with the lights off in the rooms.  The objects in the rooms appeared as monsters and people and animals and other objects in the dark, but when a flashlight was shined on them, they were seen to be the everyday objects that would normally be in that room.  It was a sort of I-Spy, item finder game, and was for children.  I distinctly remember an attic scene, and a bathroom scene where there was a surfer in the sink.  There were a variety of other scenes that took place in the rooms and backyard of the house, where the objective is to locate objects with the flashlight.  I have been wracking my brain for the name of this game!  I'd really appreciate some help.  Thanks!

Note:  I know for a fact that it is not I-Spy: Spooky Mansion.

Written By: krimm on 08/19/11 at 9:20 am

Frankenstein: Through the eyes of the monster
Riven: The sequel to myst
The 11th Hour

Written By: preston181 on 08/21/11 at 1:38 am

The two that are most memorable to me were:

The 7th Guest: one of the first (it may have actually been THE first) games to be on a CD-ROM, and feature full-motion-video cutscenes. I remember playing this game, and cursing Henry Stauf for his wretched puzzles.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul: One of the best games I've ever played to this date. Quantic Dream made this game. (Their only other titles are Indigo Prophecy, also called Fahrenheit in Europe; and Heavy Rain). This game featured a futuristic world with an Orwellian "1984" twist, demons, reincarnation, and David Bowie as a computer named Boz.

Written By: Morgan on 08/23/11 at 11:09 am

Does anybody remember an elementary school game with ducks, where you learned different types, mallards are the only ones coming to mind? I played it the same time I was playing Oregon Traill.

Written By: The_Operator on 09/02/11 at 4:40 am

Oh! Perhaps you wonderful folks can help me. This may have been answered but I've googled my little heart out...

It's a game about having a healthy body. You choose a character and walk down a path and you go past vending machines and gyms. You need to make healthy choices without going over your limits. You get yelled at in a cave or something and it's creepy... Then at the end you're in a swimming race with Cleopatra and if you lose you get eaten by a crocodile.

Please and thank you.

Written By: Cassandra on 09/05/11 at 3:33 pm

Oh I loved Gizmos and Gadgets! :D

But I'm here trying to figure out another game.

I can't remember the name, but I know I received a summer package back in elementary school within the grades of 4-6.
Within this package was a thick book so the kids could get a head start on learning the curriculum during the summer off school, and it included a game depending on the grade level.
The game in particular had about four or five different kids stuck in a jungle of some sorts. It was very educational, and I remember at the very last level there was a waterfall and a whole bunch of bugs you had to make a path with the matching colour or symbol on the bug.

I don't know why but I've been dying to the play the game lately.  :-[

Help? :3

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/06/11 at 9:40 am

I hated that game!!

Written By: chey on 09/08/11 at 12:06 am

Ok please help I can't believe how much trouble it is to figure this out :

first this would be mid-90s, some game where u have creatures of some sort that you have to hatch with incubators and take care of them while they grow and whatever i recall it being pretty sweet..
and another game i played probably a few years earlier about some teddy bear that you had to sneak around the house and prepare for the kdis birthday

anyone???

Written By: BigJesus on 09/08/11 at 9:47 am

Okay I am now on the quest to rediscover this game, I was so emotionally attached to it even though I didn't get very far -

I think it had kind of scary intense music. The opening cutscene was your wife/lover in bed and I think she was a black woman. I also think there may have been swearing in the game, because I remember the reason I didn't get very far was that I had to sneak to play it. You were a good man who was somehow tricked/poisoned/otherwise transmogrified into a hideous beast. There was a theme of sin/heaven because the temple enemies were all in white robes and bald headed and quite serene and monkish. Anyway, you got turned into a monster and if you tried to speak to anyone or if anyone saw you they would attack you in fear. There was voice acting. I think the game was 3D.
(I think there was a doctor that you trusted. I'm not sure if your wife rejected you or if you killed her or something horrible.)

Anyone figure out what this game was? I'm on a search for it as well and would really appreciate any help in the matter.

Written By: Chris on 09/12/11 at 3:37 pm

Does anyone remember a game that was a comedy think it was about aliens crash landing at a house and you where a geek who needed to get rid of them! I remember the character was skinny with glasses and it was all just set in one house I think! Any ideas?

Written By: Vita on 09/14/11 at 3:36 am

I've been trying to track down this game on the net for hours, even went through a list of all the videogames ever made or released in the 90s and I still can't find it :(
It was a kid's educational game and it wasn't super famous or fancy or anything. You played like a green alien-looking guy and he wanted to have people over for a slumber party and you have to help him get ready. You're in his house and you do different minigames to help; stuff to do with squashing bugs in a garden, baking pies and stuffing pillows or something. I can't find any info on it anywhere, if anyone knows what I'm talking about I would be so grateful!

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/14/11 at 6:50 am

I've been trying to track down this game on the net for hours, even went through a list of all the videogames ever made or released in the 90s and I still can't find it :(
It was a kid's educational game and it wasn't super famous or fancy or anything. You played like a green alien-looking guy and he wanted to have people over for a slumber party and you have to help him get ready. You're in his house and you do different minigames to help; stuff to do with squashing bugs in a garden, baking pies and stuffing pillows or something. I can't find any info on it anywhere, if anyone knows what I'm talking about I would be so grateful!

Yes!! It was called Slumber Madness.  I played this ALL THE TIME!!!

Written By: Megan on 09/17/11 at 3:57 pm

This has been quite literally driving me insane. I think this game was from the nineties, if it wasn't it would only be a little bit later. I don't remember much (go figure) but it had to do with the colorful seeds (maybe beans) and they had a personality and something about colorful plant pots and you had to put them in the right one. I remember there being annoying voices and phrases like "Oooo-kay!" going on all over the place. I've been looking for like four hours.

Written By: DQ Vela on 09/17/11 at 5:07 pm

I remember when i was a kid i used to play the original Starcraft and Warcraft! Also, I remember playing school was Reader Rabbit, Math Blaster, and getting demos of Carmen Sandiego games!

Written By: Moonya on 09/20/11 at 4:07 am

I am searching for my very first PC game. It was a game about some gnomes or dwarves or something and the intro was about a gnome wizard who put them all underground because of some disaster. And when the game started you had this (grey,) screen with a gap and in that gap there was a little storage and a few dwarves. You needed to dig and expand your enviroment, plant trees for wood, plants for food, houses for more dwarves, fabrics, build bridges and ladders and stuff. And next to that you came across these puzzles from time to time. Pretty tough ones to. When you solved them you would get a piece of an altar (and there where more than a 100 puzzles if I recall correctly). And if you got all the pieces of your altar, your gnomes could go back up to the surface. I am looking for this game for ages, but I can't recall the name of it, even if my life depended on it. Anyone who know what I mean, and can tell me what game that was will get my eternal gratitude  ;D

Written By: Boooat. on 10/17/11 at 2:14 am

I've been looking for this game for years, but havent found it yet.
I think I used to play this around 1996ish, probably before, it was a 2d game, pretty sure, and it was based on this girl character, and for some reason in my head her name was "Sally" and she had to go into different places like town, or school, or petrol station for example, and had to do different challenges there. I know it wasn't played on a CD, so I'm guessing it was a floppy disk game. That's all I can remember... not much to go on, but hoping someone can help me :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/17/11 at 9:16 am

I am searching for my very first PC game. It was a game about some gnomes or dwarves or something and the intro was about a gnome wizard who put them all underground because of some disaster. And when the game started you had this (grey,) screen with a gap and in that gap there was a little storage and a few dwarves. You needed to dig and expand your enviroment, plant trees for wood, plants for food, houses for more dwarves, fabrics, build bridges and ladders and stuff. And next to that you came across these puzzles from time to time. Pretty tough ones to. When you solved them you would get a piece of an altar (and there where more than a 100 puzzles if I recall correctly). And if you got all the pieces of your altar, your gnomes could go back up to the surface. I am looking for this game for ages, but I can't recall the name of it, even if my life depended on it. Anyone who know what I mean, and can tell me what game that was will get my eternal gratitude  ;D

Yes!  It was called Farmville.

Written By: babyangelwings on 10/22/11 at 12:37 am

I'm looking for an Old PC game that my sister and I use to play. It was a Storybook sort of game, but unsure if it was interactive storybook brand. It was about Birds and a little dog. They sang and danced, and we played little games with them. I remember one of the songs. "Birds of a feather, we flock together. It's you and me no matter what the weather." I think the dog's name was Dinky, or dixie, or somethine like that with a D. Maybe Dippy. Cause one of the songs went "Dinky?? is a dog that's as big as a bird."

It was the cutest, funest game ever. We have my sister and I on video just singing and dancing to all the songs on this game. I've tried looking everything for the name of this game. I thought it was Birds of a Feather. But I'm not having any luck finding it. Does anyone know that can help me?!?!?!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/11 at 1:06 am

I'm looking for an Old PC game that my sister and I use to play. It was a Storybook sort of game, but unsure if it was interactive storybook brand. It was about Birds and a little dog. They sang and danced, and we played little games with them. I remember one of the songs. "Birds of a feather, we flock together. It's you and me no matter what the weather." I think the dog's name was Dinky, or dixie, or somethine like that with a D. Maybe Dippy. Cause one of the songs went "Dinky?? is a dog that's as big as a bird."

It was the cutest, funest game ever. We have my sister and I on video just singing and dancing to all the songs on this game. I've tried looking everything for the name of this game. I thought it was Birds of a Feather. But I'm not having any luck finding it. Does anyone know that can help me?!?!?!
Have you looked to see anything similar on eBay?

Written By: anna on 10/27/11 at 11:21 pm

anyone know of a game that had a dark purple cover and it was like a mystery game and all i can remember is there was a person named rave in it    it was from the mid 90s i played it in school

Written By: PAdude16 on 10/29/11 at 6:01 pm

:\'( Hi. I am desperately trying to remember a few games that I used to play when I was a kid. Here they are:
1) The first one was a shooter game. You were "ketchup" and you could go from red ketchup to green ketchup and if you were really good you could get to mustard. You shot I think food and they food would move all over the screen but it couldn't touch you. You would use the mouse to shoot and it would make a "farting" noise like a ketchup bottle sometimes makes. This game I think was a mac game.

2) The second game was another shooting game. You were a deer and you had a gun and shot other deer or people and other objects in the game. The scene was a bar. I also played this on a mac.

Also here are some 90s games I used (and still do) play:
Pacguy (everything in the series)
Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter
Lego Rock Raiders, Bugdom, Nanosaur, and Lego Racers.

Written By: Kendall on 10/29/11 at 9:00 pm

I remember there was this one game that I played all the time in grade school. you had to design the features on like a dozen little potato-head like people and the point was to get a certain number of them to this mine thing at the end. The first challenge was these two bridges and only people with certain features like red noses or small ears could go across each one. And there was a pizza challenge and some kind of wall?

Written By: Chauntelle on 11/01/11 at 12:58 am

Now I'm not sure if anyone would know this game, but it was a kids pc game. It involved a community of treehouses or something like that, and you got to design your own treehouse and make it look like a castle, submarine, etc. And one of the other treehouses in the area was a store owned by a bear who would help you learn basic money handling skills. That's all I really recall from it. If anyone thinks it sounds familiar let me know! Thanks! :]

I've just been looking for this too..
It's called Fisher-Price Ready for School 1st Grade. You make a treehouse with Gregory Woodpecker :)
Too bad I couldn't find any downloads of it.

Written By: Caroline on 11/05/11 at 9:08 pm

:\'(

i stumbled across this on google looking for a video game which i THINK is from the 90's. My brother used to play it heaps and would never let me have a go so now i want it to see what i was missing out on!

I can't remember what it was called, or who the main character was or anything (big help,right?)

but it was pretty much set on a giant circuit board ( i think ) and the main character was like this computer chip guy who ran around defeating the other circuitry in the game? can someone please help me it's been doing my head in for the past 3 days.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/05/11 at 9:34 pm

:\'(

i stumbled across this on google looking for a video game which i THINK is from the 90's. My brother used to play it heaps and would never let me have a go so now i want it to see what i was missing out on!

I can't remember what it was called, or who the main character was or anything (big help,right?)

but it was pretty much set on a giant circuit board ( i think ) and the main character was like this computer chip guy who ran around defeating the other circuitry in the game? can someone please help me it's been doing my head in for the past 3 days.

This is a long shot, but if it was on a Mac, could it have been the 1984 Mac game Chipwits?

Do you remember what hardware he used?  Mac or PC?  In color or black-and-white?  If it was a PC, were there 4 colors (white/pink/cyan/magenta or brown/green/red/hellow), 16 colors (the usual 16), or 256 colors (enough to make .GIFs look useful) on the screen?

Written By: crazysith08 on 11/07/11 at 2:55 pm

My sister and I have been trying to remember the name of a computer game we used to play when we went to my grandparents house. I don't remember if it was a mac or PC game. I'm pretty sure it's from the 90s, although I suppose I could be wrong.

All I remember of the game is that you are some sort of a magician. There are various rooms that have various activities. One room has you doing magic tricks. I believe one of the tricks involves making a salt shaker disappear. The other one involves paper clips and a dollar bill, I believe. The only other room I remember has someone come in complaining about something wrong with his nose, and you have to use a few different colored "ointments" to put his nose back to normal. Combine the colors wrong, and it changes to something else.

Anyone remember what this game is?

Written By: crazysith08 on 11/07/11 at 2:56 pm

Sounds like I game I used to own. Museum Madness. There is a virus that attacked the museum (which recently turned digital), and you have to help a robot fix each exhibit and then beat the virus. Fun game.

Written By: stephanie P on 11/15/11 at 2:50 am

I remember playing incoming range http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBCJCevtrh4
and a math game with aliens they were green and there was a yellow evil thing!

Written By: Rachel on 11/16/11 at 8:35 pm

Can anyone remember a game where you we a farmer or something and aliens had made all of your vegetables start attacking you and you were trying to save your wife?

Written By: nlrm on 11/18/11 at 6:32 am

Does anyone remember this computer game: there was a man with a club.. he kinda reminded me flintstone but it's not the flintstone game..I know it was some kinda a adventure game, but I don't remember what was the main purpose..
So anyone?

Written By: Stephanie on 11/18/11 at 11:36 pm

Can anyone remember a game from the very early 90s that would have been on an IBM computer where I believe you play a little girl who has to collect items for another character. The first level starts off outside (I remember lots of green) and the items you collect are boxes with the picture of the item on it. There are several levels but I only remember the first and the last - the last level is inside and there are like tubes you can fall down and I believe you collect items or you may have to go down the tubes in a certain order? I don't remember a lot of details but I remember that it was the only game on the computer we had when I was a kid.

Written By: paintingducks on 11/19/11 at 8:39 pm

There was this one game i used to play when I was little. I think it had a lion in it. I remember there was one part where you were in a pinkish cloudy area. I want to say it was a Reader Rabbit game but I don't recognize any of the screen shots on Google. I've spent hours trying to look for it. Help?

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/20/11 at 5:03 pm

Does anyone remember this computer game: there was a man with a club.. he kinda reminded me flintstone but it's not the flintstone game..I know it was some kinda a adventure game, but I don't remember what was the main purpose..
So anyone?

It was pre-90s (1983), and on 8-bit platforms other than the IBM PC, but could it have been BC's Quest for Tires, one of the first product-marketing-crossover games produced?  (By the standards of its day, it actually didn't suck.  There was even a 1984 sequel, Grog's Revenge.)

Written By: Amy on 11/22/11 at 2:48 pm

Does anyone remember this game?
I remember playing it when I was maybe 8-9, in our old school computer lab. would have been about 97-98. It was an Archaeology game. Al i remember is that you had to use a pick and a brush and various other tools to find ... old things, I suppose. And at some point you were whisked back in time to solve puzzles.

For some reason I feel like there was a viking/bronze age feel to it all???

Can anyone help?? I *think* it was for a mac??????

You will be saving me from 13 years of headache.  ;D

Written By: Anon on 11/22/11 at 11:31 pm

I remember a lot of these games!
I played games like:
Museum Madness
Kid Pix
Oregon Trail
Yukon Trail
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
then there were 2 that I can't quite seem to remember

1. was under the ocean and you got to pick a fish. The game told you what you had to eat with the fish otherwise I think you starved?

2. I can't remember as well. There was a part where you make sentences with a typewriter. The words were already there and it told you the order to put the words. For example it was like: noun adjective etc.

Its so frustrating trying to figure these out!

Written By: ChrisIGuess on 11/23/11 at 7:18 pm

Hey guys,
This game that I am looking for is either from the late 90's or the very early 2000's. I remember very little from it but I'll try my best.
It was an educational game that I'm fairly sure had a couple different games depending on the grade level. This one I believe was for 4th grade. You were a boy? Stuck in a huge futuristic mansion, & I'm guessing you were trying to find your way out. You worked your way through the house doing tons of educational mini games & a lot of puzzles. The main thing that I remember about the game that really stuck was that the antagonist was this pre-teen girl with blonde ponytails I believe, who wore black sunglasses & had a white lab coat on. She constantly tried to sabatage you & I believe it was her mansion you were stuck in. I also vaguely remember playing a mini game in that game with molecules & little atoms that bounced around & you had to work out the puzzle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Written By: Lily on 11/25/11 at 2:23 pm

I've been looking for this pc (or was it Mac?) game for ages but can't find it: it takes place mostly in a graveyard. It's some type of puzzle game and I remember there being hangman in there. There was also this room with an organ and organ music playing. I don't think it's "the ultimate haunted mansion" game because the colours were really dark... Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Written By: Nicole on 11/30/11 at 2:10 pm

I can't remember the name, but I know I received a summer package back in elementary school within the grades of 4-6.
Within this package was a thick book so the kids could get a head start on learning the curriculum during the summer off school, and it included a game depending on the grade level.
The game in particular had about four or five different kids stuck in a jungle of some sorts. It was very educational, and I remember at the very last level there was a waterfall and a whole bunch of bugs you had to make a path with the matching colour or symbol on the bug.

Oh, please, someone help if you can! I've been trying to think of that game, and it's bothering me that I can't remember. =((

Written By: gtdannemiller on 12/06/11 at 11:31 pm

The first is a game called Monster Bash. There are 3 separate Monster Bash games and you can find them all on 3drealms.com website (formally known as Apogee). The second game is Bio Menace, there are also 3 games of this, and it was also made by Apogee.

Written By: gtdannemiller on 12/06/11 at 11:44 pm

Hey all who are here, I have a game that no one seems to know. There are other websites I have posted on about it but no one seems to know what it is. It is particularly hard to find because it came on a disk with other games as well. I believe the platform was an Apple II, and I played it in 1996 or so. I believe the game was called bomber, but I am not even certain of that. Here is as best a description that I can come up with. If you can come up with the game name (more specifically the disk name also so I can find it), you are my hero!

The game was only black and white. In it you had to answer multiplication problems that would allow you to build up bombs depending on how many you completed correctly in the time frame allowed. The higher the multiplication problem you got, up to 9*9, the more bombs you got for answering it correctly. Then you would fly a mission, dropping bombs on various targets, warehouses, fuel tanks, etc. and avoiding enemies shooting anti-aircraft fire at you and flying around obstacles. View was from the side of the plane. It was fairly simple. Also, if you got all of the multiplication problems right you could potentially earn stealth mode so your plane could not be seen.

In addition to this game, there were at least 2 other games that came with it. One of the games was A miss muffet game where you had to answer problems before a spider fell into her curds and whey and kill her, and the other was a frogger like game where you had to answer math questions for the frog to jump.

Thanks in advance!
Gabe

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/08/11 at 1:34 am

Hey all who are here, I have a game that no one seems to know.

The bad news is I haven't found it yet.  The good news is I've got an Apple ][ emulator handy, and there's a whole bunch of disk images out there.  I can say for certain that it's *not* Path Tactics (player or computer-controlled robots do arithmetic problems and advance/retreat along multiple rows of vertical blocks, and if they land on an "X", theu fall down to the next row of blocks, the object being to get to the bottom of the screen), nor is it the "Bomber" on D3133 - because that "Bomber" refers to Bob Bishop's action demo where a plane (flying right-to-left) drops a small bomb on a tank (traveling left-to-right) at the touch of a key - no math involved.

The tricky part (as you and everyone else have figured out) is remembering who made the disk.

Written By: gtdannemiller on 12/08/11 at 6:39 pm

The bad news is I haven't found it yet.  The good news is I've got an Apple ][ emulator handy, and there's a whole bunch of disk images out there.  I can say for certain that it's *not* Path Tactics (player or computer-controlled robots do arithmetic problems and advance/retreat along multiple rows of vertical blocks, and if they land on an "X", theu fall down to the next row of blocks, the object being to get to the bottom of the screen), nor is it the "Bomber" on D3133 - because that "Bomber" refers to Bob Bishop's action demo where a plane (flying right-to-left) drops a small bomb on a tank (traveling left-to-right) at the touch of a key - no math involved.

The tricky part (as you and everyone else have figured out) is remembering who made the disk.

Haha, thanks for looking! I have to find that disk...this has been bothering me for years...I just want to play it once more so bad lol

Written By: DragonChi on 12/10/11 at 7:24 pm

Ok guys, if you can help me out I would be so grateful.

There are 2 PC adventure games that I played that, for the life of me, I CANNOT remember the names of them. I just have vague memories that haunt me.

One of them involved being put on a jungle planet to capture alien creatures to save the planet from being destroyed by something. I think its like a poison gas. But there is a certain monster that you were supposed to avoid. You drive around this jungle in some sort of capture vehicle with a cage. The game start's with an "M" and its a one word title.

The other is a 2D almost flash kinda fluid cartoon point and click adventure game involving a kid that gets shrunk through some kind of alien cage device made up of tubes or something.  So you adventure through this world, as a shrunk kid, to get back to normal.

Written By: Candace on 12/12/11 at 11:57 am

Wow I was reading this thread expecting to see it end like year or so ago and was happy people are still posting to it and helping out =D Sadly I didn't reconize many of the games people were looking for  :-[ Was happy to see someone else who also played the Yukon Trail. Anyone remember odel lake? ^_^ Anyway I'm hoping someone could be of help to me? Not much to go on but I played waaaaay back in the early 90s, I think like 93?

All I remember for 100% is atleast apart of the game the screen is full of cages with what i believe are different colored fuzzy creatures and you either have to match them with their partner or give them items in order for them to be happy and/or leave the cages. It really sucks I don't have alot to go on I just remember having alot of fun with it. I'm pretty sure we played it on a mac since I played it at school.

Written By: Audrey on 12/14/11 at 3:38 am

I have been trying to find this game for hours! I used to play it as a kid so it was the mid- to late- 90s.

I remember the intro being on a roller coaster that takes you to this crazy abstract world. I remember you can go to different areas and each requires you to create something whether it be a collage (i don't remember much else)

It was a downright weird game and if anyone remembers the name it would help so much! I think it was a one-word game that had either "imagine" or "creative" in it.

Written By: Laura on 12/14/11 at 8:37 pm

Games I can remember :D I clearly played on the computer a lot, haha.

Keen
Scooter's Castle
Wizard of Oz reading game
Reading Rabbit? .. it doesn't look like the one everyone else played so it's not that, but its similar? It had rabbits and was a reading game, but looks different. SimCity
SimTower
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Paperboy
Catz
Storybook Weaver
Creative Writer
Creative Artist
3D Movie Maker
Oregon Trail
Barbie Fashion Designer 1996
Hoyle card games
Sierra Family Fun Pack: The Incredible Machine, pinball
Hoyle Casino card games

Written By: Laura on 12/14/11 at 8:38 pm

I have been trying to find this game for hours! I used to play it as a kid so it was the mid- to late- 90s.

I remember the intro being on a roller coaster that takes you to this crazy abstract world. I remember you can go to different areas and each requires you to create something whether it be a collage (i don't remember much else)

It was a downright weird game and if anyone remembers the name it would help so much! I think it was a one-word game that had either "imagine" or "creative" in it.

Audrey, I think you're thinking of Creative Writer? Maybe? I just remember that starts with a rollercoaster.

Written By: Audrey on 12/15/11 at 2:32 am

Audrey, I think you're thinking of Creative Writer? Maybe? I just remember that starts with a rollercoaster.

Thank you for the fast response! I thought it was that too, but after researching I realized it isn't  :(
After some deep thinking I remembered one part where you are making a collage which is actually on a billboard in a downtown area and you can hear the cars honking below. I am starting to think that this game wasn't very popular haha

Written By: Justin on 12/19/11 at 10:08 pm

I'm not sure if the game I can't remember is 90's or 00's...If anyone could help it would be great!

All I can remember is it is based in towns in the clouds, you have to solve a mystery of some sort (may involve pies, but I may be delusional), but solve other puzzles and play games along the way...one involves an air show, one you have to like either feed fans in a stadium or something of the sort

I can't remember much, but it was a cartoony type game and not being able to remember the name is killing me, if you could help at all I would greatly appreciate it!

Written By: Justin on 12/19/11 at 10:23 pm

^^^ ok not feed them, i think you have to arrange the cartoon people in a stadium so they are next to other fans who don't piss them off or something

Written By: Justin Grimes on 12/19/11 at 10:35 pm

Sorry to spam up the place with 3 posts in a row, but I "fished my wish" and solved my own dilemma! I was thinking of Edmark's "Thinkin' Things: Sky Island Mysteries". I'm not sure if many people played it, or when it came out, but I loved the game!

Written By: tabby on 12/26/11 at 10:48 am

I'm lookin for a game I played when I was real little my gma thinks I'm crazy but I lnow its a game its about a orange stripped cat who goes roof top to roof top collecting diffeent colored yarn balls as points it was in the 90s on my gmas windows 95 or 98 computer anyone who can help

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/26/11 at 11:05 pm

I'm lookin for a game I played when I was real little my gma thinks I'm crazy but I lnow its a game its about a orange stripped cat who goes roof top to roof top collecting diffeent colored yarn balls as points it was in the 90s on my gmas windows 95 or 98 computer anyone who can help

One of the Bubsy series?  If it was on PC, it was probably Super Bubsy, which appears to have been the only game of the series to be ported to the PC.  If this box art...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnET9WdlVEIom78UeaF9zJLLZkUFYqj83k6y__baJdMXktM7INnlaAUzA

...looks familiar, and/or the screenshot in the Wikipedia article rings a bell, that's what you're after.

Written By: Voices_Carrie86 on 01/09/12 at 1:54 am

I found this site that may help with some of ya'lls questions. I found a few I was looking for on it. You can sort by platform, year and genre.

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games

Aside from that, I still can't figure out the name of this game I played in elementary school. It was a sort of paint program or coloring. I remember it had a tool that was shaped like an eraser and you could actually run or "scratch" it over the screen like a coin and a picture would reveal underneath, like an octopus or something. Driving me crazy!

and did anyone else ever play this?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HKK3jCR6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Written By: FunnyFiska on 01/09/12 at 12:36 pm

I'm thinking of a game from the mid to late 90s.  I played it on a Macintosh computer. 

The game involved being in a house at night, with the lights off in the rooms.  The objects in the rooms appeared as monsters and people and animals and other objects in the dark, but when a flashlight was shined on them, they were seen to be the everyday objects that would normally be in that room.  It was a sort of I-Spy, item finder game, and was for children.  I distinctly remember an attic scene, and a bathroom scene where there was a surfer in the sink.  There were a variety of other scenes that took place in the rooms and backyard of the house, where the objective is to locate objects with the flashlight.  I have been wracking my brain for the name of this game!  I'd really appreciate some help.  Thanks!

Note:  I know for a fact that it is not I-Spy: Spooky Mansion.

Oh man, that game was exceptionally scary when I was a kid. The sound of the ringing bells when you find an object was chilling then and still is now. It's called NightLight, by GTE Interactive Media which is sadly now defunct.

I think what you're looking for is the Cluefinders 3rd Grade Adventures: The Mystery of Mathra. Someone's put up gameplay videos on YouTube. "Goo, goo, what happened to you~ You smell like old socks from Mathra's shoes...ooooh!"

I'm also looking for a game that was set in a city, with various locations such as a playground and a park. I think most of the minigames were typing games. In the background there was a blimp or control tower that could only be accessed after beating the entire game, and there you could write stories or letters that supposedly went to somewhere around the world and you would then receive one back. My sister seems to remember a certain character, like a worm, that spoke with an emphasis on the 's'es, sort of like the villain for the game that you had to stop. Hopefully someone's heard of this!

Written By: Naomi on 01/09/12 at 8:14 pm

does anyone remember a game from the early 90's (1993 maybe?) where you investigated sea turtle egg poaching?  i can't find it anywhereeee and it's driving me nuts.  it was an incredibly simple game, just black and white line drawing.  you had to go see journalists and talk to people before the eggs got posted.  thanks!

Written By: Christina on 01/10/12 at 12:36 am

All I remember for 100% is atleast apart of the game the screen is full of cages with what i believe are different colored fuzzy creatures and you either have to match them with their partner or give them items in order for them to be happy and/or leave the cages. It really sucks I don't have alot to go on I just remember having alot of fun with it. I'm pretty sure we played it on a mac since I played it at school.

THINKING THINGS!

Now for my dilemma,

There was this game my siblings and I used to play in the late 90s early 2000s or so. It had an Egyptian setting and there was a female voiced main character along with several mini games:

One mini game had to do with trying to get certain crops to fill certain places near the nile river.  (had to do with multiplication I believe)

Then there was this other minigame where you were given a certain amount of weight and you had to use food products/other products to balance it out such as cumin and other spices and foods and stuff.

There was this third minigame there was also another part of the game where you had to make one side of a carpet or quilt or something symmetrical to the other.

It was a math skills game I started thinking about it when i heard the words "cumin" and "symmetrical" in the sound of the female character's voice. i have been trying to figure this out for a few days now and I really would like to figure out which game this was, I don't think it was very popular. My siblings and I played it on a home PC.

Written By: Christina on 01/10/12 at 1:50 am

Now for my dilemma,

There was this game my siblings and I used to play in the late 90s early 2000s or so. It had an Egyptian setting and there was a female voiced main character along with several mini games:

One mini game had to do with trying to get certain crops to fill certain places near the nile river.  (had to do with multiplication I believe)

Then there was this other minigame where you were given a certain amount of weight and you had to use food products/other products to balance it out such as cumin and other spices and foods and stuff.

There was this third minigame there was also another part of the game where you had to make one side of a carpet or quilt or something symmetrical to the other.

It was a math skills game I started thinking about it when i heard the words "cumin" and "symmetrical" in the sound of the female character's voice. i have been trying to figure this out for a few days now and I really would like to figure out which game this was, I don't think it was very popular. My siblings and I played it on a home PC.

MATH JOURNEY!

Written By: Demeter on 01/12/12 at 3:35 pm

This thread is great, and I've found a few games I've forgotten about. Some games that I loved as a kid were Turn Around Turtle, Barbie Horse Adventures, this Tonka game where you could make a truck, go mining, and other stuff, Snoopy's Campfire Stories, this  Birthday Bear game where you help him get his kid's birthday party set up, and Buzz goes to the Airport or something.

But there are two games I can't remember the name.

1. It's a younger kids game and is older, I played it with Turn Around Turtle. There were several different things  you can do with this little guys like chipmunks or something. I only remember baking cookies and then at the end you can decorate them. It was cartoony.

2. The other game I played is newer, it was educational, and it was sort of 'dark'. You were a boy I think and you walked about this place, like a huge park? You would run into people/things and do little games I think. There were bats and stuff and occasionally you would get stuck in a labyrinth and have to get through it. I just know it was kind of scary.

If anyone knows anything about those games, I'd appreciate it. This thread is great!

Written By: Amy on 01/17/12 at 8:04 pm

Oh, please, someone help if you can! I've been trying to think of that game, and it's bothering me that I can't remember. =((

I have been looking for this for two years!! It's driving me crazy. I remember they are standing on a tree branch above the jungle looking at a map and there is a bird perched on the tree that says "been there, done that, got the t-shirt". I also remember that it had a few of those puzzle type games like the bug waterfall one.

Written By: Amy on 01/17/12 at 8:06 pm

I have been looking for this for two years!! It's driving me crazy. I remember they are standing on a tree branch above the jungle looking at a map and there is a bird perched on the tree that says "been there, done that, got the t-shirt". I also remember that it had a few of those puzzle type games like the bug waterfall one.

Written By: Chitristown on 01/21/12 at 4:08 pm

Oh man, that game was exceptionally scary when I was a kid. The sound of the ringing bells when you find an object was chilling then and still is now. It's called NightLight, by GTE Interactive Media which is sadly now defunct.

I think what you're looking for is the Cluefinders 3rd Grade Adventures: The Mystery of Mathra. Someone's put up gameplay videos on YouTube. "Goo, goo, what happened to you~ You smell like old socks from Mathra's shoes...ooooh!"

I'm also looking for a game that was set in a city, with various locations such as a playground and a park. I think most of the minigames were typing games. In the background there was a blimp or control tower that could only be accessed after beating the entire game, and there you could write stories or letters that supposedly went to somewhere around the world and you would then receive one back. My sister seems to remember a certain character, like a worm, that spoke with an emphasis on the 's'es, sort of like the villain for the game that you had to stop. Hopefully someone's heard of this!

This is exactly what I was looking for!!  Thank you so much, FunnyFiska.  I could hardly find anything about it on the internet, although I found a place to purchase it on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Night-Light-PC-CD-helping-kids-afraid-dark-game-/260506097243?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ca75f965b#ht_1933wt_1037, as well as another thread like this one that mentioned the game, if anyone else wants to track it down. http://askville.amazon.com/Hidden-Object-classic-computer-game-90's-dog-cat/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=57472723

Thanks again, FunnyFiska!

Written By: Howard on 01/21/12 at 7:32 pm

Would 90's PC games include Nintendo too? ???

Written By: baybee_c on 01/23/12 at 12:46 pm

I can't remember the name of the PC MATH game I remember I loved to play in elementary. I think it was a space game and you could choose if you were a boy or girl and you would have to jump up and properly answer addition/subtraction equations. It was a lot of fun and I wish I could remember. I do know it wasn't Math Blaster though. Please help!! :)

Written By: science_man on 01/23/12 at 2:45 pm

I can't remember the name of the PC MATH game I remember I loved to play in elementary. I think it was a space game and you could choose if you were a boy or girl and you would have to jump up and properly answer addition/subtraction equations. It was a lot of fun and I wish I could remember. I do know it wasn't Math Blaster though. Please help!! :)

You're probably looking for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_Rescue

I'm looking for a science/engineering educational game.  I have a pretty vivid memory of it, but haven't been able to find it.  Here's everything I remember:

It's been driving me crazy the last couple days, because I remember a
little about it but I can't find it on the internet. Here's what I
remember:

* Background: I played it at about ages 8-12 - so that would put it
mid to late 90s. I played it on a Windows machine (probably 95, but
maybe 3.11 - I can't remember which computer it was on)

* Perspective: Parts were 3D, but it was pretty early.

* Art style: It was somewhat realistic, in a Myst-like sort of way. A
few parts were cartoony (see detailed description below)

* Environment: A lot of it was a sandbox-type science-lab sort of
game. There were a bunch of different rooms that you could go into.
Part had a blueprint design with elevators and conveyor belts, and you
would run it and a mouse would go through and get to the goal. Another part was a design-your-own car or plane environment, with 6 types of wheels, 5 fuselages, etc. Then your car/plane would go through a test
course (3D, very choppy). There was another part where you turned
different power sources (hydraulic, air-powered, gasoline) off or on
to keep appliances (TV, radio, etc) powered. That part was more
cartoony.

There was also a lot of very educational things - basic circuit
designs where you would put solenoids, switches, etc. in the correct
place for your design to work (this was to design things like
toasters, etc).

There was also this annoying scientist-guy with a high-pitched voice
who was your guide throughout the game.

* Mood: Kinda grey... There was also a part where you could get a
certificate for designing something, and a little fanfare would play.

* Genre: Educational/science!

* Gameplay: Sandbox - no time limit, no timing involved, etc.

Other people have mentioned Gizmos and Gadgets - it's newer than that
and has much better graphics.  It's also not a Dr. Brain game - less
cartoony than that.

I remember the intro to the game started with "Since the beginning of
time..." and it named a few famous scientists and showed pictures, and
then said the name of the cartoony scientist. it's coming back to me
very slowly... maybe the scientist guy's name was Howard?

Written By: science_man on 01/24/12 at 12:26 am

You're probably looking for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_Rescue

I'm looking for a science/engineering educational game.  I have a pretty vivid memory of it, but haven't been able to find it.  Here's everything I remember:

It's been driving me crazy the last couple days, because I remember a
little about it but I can't find it on the internet. Here's what I
remember:

* Background: I played it at about ages 8-12 - so that would put it
mid to late 90s. I played it on a Windows machine (probably 95, but
maybe 3.11 - I can't remember which computer it was on)

* Perspective: Parts were 3D, but it was pretty early.

* Art style: It was somewhat realistic, in a Myst-like sort of way. A
few parts were cartoony (see detailed description below)

* Environment: A lot of it was a sandbox-type science-lab sort of
game. There were a bunch of different rooms that you could go into.
Part had a blueprint design with elevators and conveyor belts, and you
would run it and a mouse would go through and get to the goal. Another part was a design-your-own car or plane environment, with 6 types of wheels, 5 fuselages, etc. Then your car/plane would go through a test
course (3D, very choppy). There was another part where you turned
different power sources (hydraulic, air-powered, gasoline) off or on
to keep appliances (TV, radio, etc) powered. That part was more
cartoony.

There was also a lot of very educational things - basic circuit
designs where you would put solenoids, switches, etc. in the correct
place for your design to work (this was to design things like
toasters, etc).

There was also this annoying scientist-guy with a high-pitched voice
who was your guide throughout the game.

* Mood: Kinda grey... There was also a part where you could get a
certificate for designing something, and a little fanfare would play.

* Genre: Educational/science!

* Gameplay: Sandbox - no time limit, no timing involved, etc.

Other people have mentioned Gizmos and Gadgets - it's newer than that
and has much better graphics.  It's also not a Dr. Brain game - less
cartoony than that.

I remember the intro to the game started with "Since the beginning of
time..." and it named a few famous scientists and showed pictures, and
then said the name of the cartoony scientist. it's coming back to me
very slowly... maybe the scientist guy's name was Howard?

Solved my own question on a different forum!  That game is called Invention Studio.

Written By: Ashley on 01/25/12 at 2:32 pm

can anyone remember the game, sorry for my vague desciptions, but it was a detective who had to figure out which robot did the crime and it was in a mansion. It was a floppy disc game either late 80's or early 90's.  I used to love that game as a child and can not remember the name.  If you can think of anything please email me at NICEFACE1984@gmail.com.  thanks

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/08/12 at 7:25 am

PC Gaming has really evolved formatwise. I'd break down the eras as following:
1980s: DOS-based or large floppy disk (Apple) era
Early 1990s: Small floppy disk & Windows era, with lingering DOS useage
C. 1993-2004: Main CD-ROM era
2005+ A mix of downloading and CD-ROM usage, heading more and more towards "the cloud" as the years go on.

I still have many of those games in my basement. But given that some will be vintage soon (or some already are), I'm going to hold on to them, as despite the presence of emulation, it really defines an era in computing. So much variety, and the arrival of real voices in the early '90s along the progression of increasingly real grapics really made this decade a golden age (or silver if you consider the '80s golden) for gaming on the PC.

Written By: Doc Brown on 02/09/12 at 7:54 pm

Wow, I just happened to stumble on this post.

Where is Carmen San Diego?
King's Quest

Artful Dodger
-L.A.

I always tend to think of the Carmen series as 80's games, and I still play my favorite installment(Where in the U.S.A.) to this day, thanks to a free download site.
Never played King's Quest much, but I was a big fan of Police Quest, where I played a rookie detective chasing a vicious drug lord. In the sequels, I progressed up the ranks and eventually became lead investigator in a string of cult murders. XLNT storytelling, but then LAPD Chief Daryl Gates got involved, only one more mystery game came out, and then he dragged us on the permanent side trip of SWAT games.

But my favorite of all 90's PC games will always be Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series. What could possibly be cooler than planning a counterstrike against a terrorist attack, then carrying it out with your team to rescue the hostages(or capture an international fugitive :o)?
PC games rarely come much more exciting than that!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/10/12 at 9:00 pm

I had a ton of educational games when I first got my computer, games like Cluefinders, Super Solvers, Jump Start and Carmen Sandiego.

Written By: Tango on 02/11/12 at 5:14 am

My first memory of playing a video game was in '98, I remember playing a space game on some floppy discs on a computer.

Written By: court87 on 02/19/12 at 7:32 pm

hi guys!
i am searching for 2 games my brothers and i used to play when we were younger, mid to late 90s i think

1. you chose a character, there were about 8 to choose from, and it was like a race around the world or something, literally, you played on a map, and you 'rolled the dice' (which i think was actually a slotmachine like thing) and moved. you had to try and beat your opponents to a certain destination, i think Oslo was the first one, then when someone had reached it, the destination changed, and you had to try and get to that one first. you had to be careful, cause tornadoes and what not blocked your path sometimes. thats all i can remember for that one.

2. it was like a physics game, i cant remember too much of it, my older bros best mate had it on his computer, so they didnt let me play it too much. but you had to make contraptions to get the ball or whatever from one part of the screen to another. i remember there was a boot you could use to kick it, or a springboard. cant remember much else, too fuzzy :p

any help would be greatly appreciated, please??? :)

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 02/20/12 at 4:52 am

I got my first PC in 1999 and hadn't the possibility to play on the computer much before. The first game I played very often was Need for Speed Hot Pursuit III. But what I really liked was the original Rollercoaster Tycoon and a bit later GTA II. Then the 2000's already came. However I played the 1997 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit II (SE) deeply into the 2000's (~2005) because it was so much to play it in 'split screen' with a friend.

But as you can see: My PC gaming time was the 2000's. The '90's were more of my Game Boy time ;-)

Written By: moonlitestar88 on 03/03/12 at 12:35 am

Games I played:

Donkey Kong Country (this was probably my first game ever. I'm pretty sure I played this on the PC)
The Lion King Activity Center
The Lion King 2 Gamebreak
The Land Before Time Activity Center
Backyard Baseball
Freddie the Fish 1-3
Putt Putt Saves the Zoo
Putt Putt Travels Through Time
Putt Putt Joins the Parade
Putt Putt and Fatty Bears Activity Pack
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack
Putt Putt Goes to the Moon
Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-O-Rama
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise
Pajama Sam
Kid Pix
Spy Fox
Barbie Fashion Designer
Catz 1-4
Dogz 1-4
Babyz
Original Sims
Zoo Tycoon

I remember trying to boot up the old Catz game but it won't work with Vista. After that I seemed to have lost my collection of old PC games. I really wish I knew what happened to them. I'm pretty certain I didn't donate them, I likely just put them in some weird place in the house where I won't remember. Sigh. Oh well.

Written By: guest on 03/13/12 at 9:11 am

I remember there was this one game that I played all the time in grade school. you had to design the features on like a dozen little potato-head like people and the point was to get a certain number of them to this mine thing at the end. The first challenge was these two bridges and only people with certain features like red noses or small ears could go across each one. And there was a pizza challenge and some kind of wall?

Logical Journey of the Zoombinis.

Written By: Amy on 03/14/12 at 1:18 am

I had a ton of educational games when I first got my computer, games like Cluefinders, Super Solvers, Jump Start and Carmen Sandiego.

I have been trying to think of Cluefinders for two years!!!! You just made my day. Thank you so much

Written By: nally on 03/16/12 at 2:23 pm

Would 90's PC games include Nintendo too? ???

Well, some of 'em might have been formatted for the PC... or maybe not. I'm not entirely sure.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/12 at 7:20 pm

Well, some of 'em might have been formatted for the PC... or maybe not. I'm not entirely sure.

probably Super Nintendo.

Written By: Ariel on 04/08/12 at 2:47 pm

Does anyone remember playing a computer game in primary (elementary) school about animals and your objective was to travel to a certain area (the Amazon for example) and take a picture of a certain animal?  If I remember correctly, it had something to do with National Geographic but I could be wrong.  I just remember that we were a photographer and you had to take a picture of an animal within a timeframe.

Written By: VdkaH20 on 04/27/12 at 8:05 am

Ok I seriously need some input on this one.  I'm trying remember name of PC game from early 90's which was a walk-thru puzzle oriented involving being trapped in a pyramid or tomb.  You had to solve multiple puzzles along your way.  The character is an archeologist I think.  Also it is NOT Egypt Pyramid Escape but very similiar  I think.  Any thoughts?

Written By: wsmith4 on 04/27/12 at 9:36 am

I think that was called Egypt Pyramid Escape.  That must be it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bQKKNvKkjFY/S3l0ik0Ff7I/AAAAAAAAE1I/nSvT-YXClDs/s400/pyramid+escape+walkthrough.JPG

Written By: VdkaH20 on 04/27/12 at 10:40 am

I think that was called Egypt Pyramid Escape.  That must be it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bQKKNvKkjFY/S3l0ik0Ff7I/AAAAAAAAE1I/nSvT-YXClDs/s400/pyramid+escape+walkthrough.JPG

Thanks for the feedback........but I really think it was another game. I'll keep looking.  Thanks again.

Written By: Al on 04/30/12 at 9:20 pm

There is a computer game for kids I am trying to figure out the name of, and I can't figure it out with the little information that I know. This is what I can come up with:
- It is a CD Rom game for kids, maybe 4-9
- The game was made somewhere around the early 2000s
- The game was possibly involved with Microsoft, probably not though
- It involved a little boy on an adventure. He might have had a dog, and it involved chasing a stink bug. He also had a slingshot.
- It was like a "choose your own adventure" as you could click on different things that responded in different ways.

Thank you for any possible help or clues you can give me!

Written By: SassyChassy on 05/01/12 at 2:21 pm

I remember a game I played early/mid 90s.  I honestly thing it was preinstalled on the computer.  I dont remember a disc.

It was a boy who went from room to room looking for items.  I remember a flashlight being one of the items.  I THINK aliens or monsters being part of it, but i just cant remember.  The view was from the top (like you were looking down on the rooms and boy)  It wasnt I-Spy or anything like that.  I dont know if it was MAC or PC.. I think the school used Gateways back then, but cant be sure.  Sorry for being so vague.

Another game I remember playing on the same computer was a Cat and Mouse game.  I think I was the mouse trying to get the cheese.

I also remember O'Dell Lake and Oregon Trail - loved them!

Written By: gtdannemiller on 05/02/12 at 9:03 pm

I remember a game I played early/mid 90s.  I honestly thing it was preinstalled on the computer.  I dont remember a disc.

It was a boy who went from room to room looking for items.  I remember a flashlight being one of the items.  I THINK aliens or monsters being part of it, but i just cant remember.  The view was from the top (like you were looking down on the rooms and boy)  It wasnt I-Spy or anything like that.  I dont know if it was MAC or PC.. I think the school used Gateways back then, but cant be sure.  Sorry for being so vague.

Another game I remember playing on the same computer was a Cat and Mouse game.  I think I was the mouse trying to get the cheese.

I also remember O'Dell Lake and Oregon Trail - loved them!

I believe the second game you are looking for is Rodents Revenge. You are on a timer and cats chase your mouse and you push blocks to lock them in and they turn into cheese which you can subsequently get. Here's a wiki about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodent's_Revenge
Here's a picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2c/Rodents_Revenge,_Screenshot.png

Written By: mikey on 05/13/12 at 8:10 pm

im looking for a game, it was an educational game i played in the late 90's where you where to kids trapped on an island and you had to answer math and science questions to beat the game. any ideas?

Written By: VdkaH20 on 05/14/12 at 11:26 am

Thanks for the feedback........Do you know where I can download full version?  The only thing
I can find are sites to play online... I need stand alone version.  Any thoughts?

Written By: VdkaH20 on 05/14/12 at 11:28 am

All,
I am looking for site to download full version of Egypt Tomb Escape... not online play, but stand alone.  Any thoughts?

Written By: Rori on 05/19/12 at 1:58 pm

Hi,
I have been trying to remember a 90's PC game I played when I was a kid, maybe around '93? The title was the kids name, a boy, and his first name ended in a y sound I think. He lived with his parents and sister and was always getting in trouble. He rode around town on a skateboard and had to save the town from two evil people that were taking over his dad's factory I think? I only remember that the factory was named "Tootsweet". And I remember he had a pet frog maybe? Ugh, what was the name of this game?

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/22/12 at 9:36 pm

Hi,
I have been trying to remember a 90's PC game I played when I was a kid, maybe around '93? The title was the kids name, a boy, and his first name ended in a y sound I think. He lived with his parents and sister and was always getting in trouble. He rode around town on a skateboard and had to save the town from two evil people that were taking over his dad's factory I think? I only remember that the factory was named "Tootsweet". And I remember he had a pet frog maybe? Ugh, what was the name of this game?

The Adventures of Willy Beamish (Sierra/Dynamix, 1991)

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Assets/thumbs/WillyBeamish-c.png

If you're trying to get it to run on XP/Vista/7 or in DOSBox, there is help available for Willy Beamish as well as walkthroughs aplenty.

Written By: al on 05/29/12 at 7:55 pm

There is a computer game for kids I am trying to figure out the name of, and I can't figure it out with the little information that I know. This is what I can come up with:
- It is a CD Rom game for kids, maybe 4-9
- The game was made somewhere around the early 2000s
- The game was possibly involved with Microsoft, probably not though
- It involved a little boy on an adventure. He might have had a dog, and it involved chasing a stink bug. He also had a slingshot.
- It was like a "choose your own adventure" as you could click on different things that responded in different ways.

Thank you for any possible help or clues you can give me!

Written By: Illconsistency on 07/12/12 at 7:53 pm

I can't remember much I remember u were a boy in a dream world and u had to do different puzzles.one was build a sailboat or a lighthouse out of shapes.also u had to stack tires in one puzzle.some one please help

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/12/12 at 10:06 pm

Lego Island
Mario Teaches Typing
Storybook Weaver

Written By: singer on 07/14/12 at 2:49 pm

HotWheels Micro Racers
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
The Return of the Incredible Machine

And a space shooter I don't remember the name of. Any help on it? it was a simple game, similar to the ones above.

Written By: singer on 07/14/12 at 3:21 pm

I am also looking for a 90's PC game that you had to fight lobsters on a beach or something (was this part from Jazz Jackrabbit 2?) to a Midi tune of "Big In Japan".

Written By: steve on 07/18/12 at 12:39 am

This seems like a great way to find out what I'm looking for after a lot of googling. Maybe you guys can help me. :)

There was an educational game I played as a kid that I can't remember the name of, or a whole lot about. The basic premise of the game was that you were in a race and were trying to beat some AI characters. It was a sort of cross country race and you used many different modes of transportation, from on foot, to running, skiing I think, jetskiing also I believe, parasailing, driving, flying, I think some sort of parasailing, etc. The mode of transportation you used to get from point to point was dependent on how you did in the question and answer phase of each scene. I distinctly remember one scene being a science lab or something, with a jacobs ladder in the background. I also think one other scene which I believe was the starting point had something to do with a jeep and you were in somebody's front yard... It's driving me nuts and I didn't see it anywhere in this massive list either... The answer would be appreciated :)

Written By: Max on 07/23/12 at 2:47 pm

It was called "Castle of Music" and it's now available on Blu-Ray!

I am looking for what might be the same game, there was a dragon with a harmonica, and a princess that played the flute, and a evil wizard/jester named noise. I looked up "Castle of Music" but found nothing. Help?

Written By: Noel Young on 08/30/12 at 8:26 pm

Ok please help I can't believe how much trouble it is to figure this out :

first this would be mid-90s, some game where u have creatures of some sort that you have to hatch with incubators and take care of them while they grow and whatever i recall it being pretty sweet..
and another game i played probably a few years earlier about some teddy bear that you had to sneak around the house and prepare for the kdis birthday

anyone???

The second one is definitely Fatty Bear's birthday surprise!!

Written By: Inertia on 09/02/12 at 5:09 am

My first PC games were DOS versions made in the 80's.

I used to play the original Oregon Trail and Mixed-Up Mother Goose in typing class in elementary school.

As for 90's PC games, I always enjoyed Populous, Quake, Roller Coaster Tycoon, the Catz series, the Dogz series.

Written By: tana on 09/29/12 at 10:27 am

i have been through all the post and no one has mentioned a game I am looking for. I can't remember the name or even when it came out, but i played it in the late 90s.
You had to go through a castle(grey blocks) and find something or collect stuff. I think you played as a wizard(wore a long silver robe type thing). I'm pretty sure you only used the arrow keys to move and the space bar to use your sword. It was 2D, the graphics were kinda block like, but I remember thinking the graphics weren't that bad, lol.  I can't remember if it was on an IBM or Apple, but I think the game was on a large floppy disk.

I have been trying to remember this game for years, I have looked everywhere, but without much luck because of not knowing much about it. Thank you so much for any help.

Written By: CRive on 10/31/12 at 5:04 pm

I KNOW THIS IS A LONG SHOT, BUT I AM LOOKING FOR AN OLD COMPUTER GAME I USED TO PLAY IN THE LATE 90'S. IT WAS LIKE A VILLAGE OF ROCK PEOPLE OR POTATO LOOKING PEOPLE AND YOU HAD TO GET THE CREATURES OF THIS VILLAGE THROUGH A WHOLE BUNCH OF OBSTACLES AND NOT LOSE TOO MANY OF THEM. 

I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR ANOTHER COMPUTER GAME THAT WAS LIKE AN ALIEN GAME SHOW, WHERE YOU HAD TO ANSWER TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND THEN YOU WON DIFFERENT THINGS.

THANKS.

Written By: Julia on 11/15/12 at 12:43 am

ok so I don't remember much, but a lot of others got answers with the same amount I'm about to give. The game was with blob monster? and they were one color only but I remember the main was was red and there was a blue one. one part of the game you had to go into a saloon or western type building and there was a stage and a balcony in the corner. There was singing. That's all I remember, please someone know what I'm talking about!!!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/15/12 at 1:43 am

The only computer we had back then was a Commodore 64, so ironically all the computer games I owned back in the 90's were actually made in the 80's.

Written By: nupur on 12/03/12 at 11:03 pm

i have been through all the post and no one has mentioned a game I am looking for. I can't remember the name or even when it came out, but i played it in the late 90s.
You had to go through a castle(grey blocks) and find something or collect stuff. I think you played as a wizard(wore a long silver robe type thing). I'm pretty sure you only used the arrow keys to move and the space bar to use your sword. It was 2D, the graphics were kinda block like, but I remember thinking the graphics weren't that bad, lol.  I can't remember if it was on an IBM or Apple, but I think the game was on a large floppy disk.

I have been trying to remember this game for years, I have looked everywhere, but without much luck because of not knowing much about it. Thank you so much for any help.

Are you thinking of Hocus Pocus? That was a great game!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hocus_Pocus_(video_game)

http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/hocuspocus2.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/03/12 at 11:38 pm

Are you thinking of Hocus Pocus? That was a great game!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hocus_Pocus_(video_game)

http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/hocuspocus2.gif

I think you failed at hotlinking...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/HOCUS.jpg

But I think you got the answer.  Apogee Software's "Hocus Pocus" featured 320x200x256-color "blocky" graphics which were state-of-the-art ("not bad") on the IBM PC in 1994, and the player's character had a silvery robe.

Written By: Step-chan on 12/04/12 at 12:58 am

While I've never played PC games, this one I've been curious about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquDIQYKhOs

Written By: Cassie on 12/07/12 at 2:28 am

This thread is great, and I've found a few games I've forgotten about. Some games that I loved as a kid were Turn Around Turtle, Barbie Horse Adventures, this Tonka game where you could make a truck, go mining, and other stuff, Snoopy's Campfire Stories, this  Birthday Bear game where you help him get his kid's birthday party set up, and Buzz goes to the Airport or something.

But there are two games I can't remember the name.

1. It's a younger kids game and is older, I played it with Turn Around Turtle. There were several different things  you can do with this little guys like chipmunks or something. I only remember baking cookies and then at the end you can decorate them. It was cartoony.

2. The other game I played is newer, it was educational, and it was sort of 'dark'. You were a boy I think and you walked about this place, like a huge park? You would run into people/things and do little games I think. There were bats and stuff and occasionally you would get stuck in a labyrinth and have to get through it. I just know it was kind of scary.

If anyone knows anything about those games, I'd appreciate it. This thread is great!

HEY! I think I'm looking for the same first game! I remember the weird chipmunk guys that kinda look like the chuck-e-cheese cartoon guy if I'm remembering... I also remember the sound of the eggs cracking when you bake! And in the game I'm looking for you could also do things like make stuff out of wood and paint it and you would have a screwdriver and it would make little wood shavings where you drilled! please let me know if this is the same game we are talking about because I'm DYING to figure out what this was called....  :\'(

Written By: belmont22 on 12/10/12 at 8:03 am

Does anyone remember Day of the Tentacle, Hyper Helix and Skunny?

Written By: Coldernice on 01/01/13 at 4:45 pm

Does anyone remember a game from the early / mid 90's that involved answering math questions and pitted you against mutant kitchen appliances (refrigerator, vacuum cleamer, blender, etc...) and slime dropped on the loser?  Me and my brother have been trying to remember the name of this for ages!  Thanks for help in advance :)

Written By: dumb on 09/06/13 at 12:15 am

hey i'm looking for a game from the 90s or early 00s, it has a character named baxter. All I remember is that the game was sort of a horror comedy and may or may not have been educational

Written By: jeni83 on 11/07/13 at 9:31 pm

I was looking for this too! I loooooved this game as a kid!!! Took me awhile but I finally found it:
Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNgYxnKhDI

This is the one I was looking for as well, finally found it!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...