inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/21/06 at 11:13 pm

I've always loved this song, it's pretty and soft, but kinda rocks too. It always reminded me a little of "The World I Know" by Collective Soul. In fact, when it first came out, I thought it was a new song by them, lol (it sounds more like 1994 than '97 - I'd definitely describe it as the "classic '90s" sound).

Subject: Re: "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain

Written By: nally on 08/21/06 at 11:31 pm

It was a big hit in '98, right around the time I graduated from high school. So often times when I listen to it, I'm reminded of the time when I made the big transition from highschool to (community) college.

Written By: Dave79 on 08/26/06 at 8:27 pm

Ive always thought this was an ok song.

--
Dave.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/26/06 at 10:02 pm

Yeah I always liked this song.  Used to sing to it in my car, much to the chagrin of my friend who hated the song.  Oh well.  lol

I used to date a guy who knew two of the members of the band (not Edward McCain himself). Apparently the three were friends in college or something.  Not that that piece of trivia is really worth anything...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/27/06 at 12:57 pm

It was an okay song. I like hearing it every now and then.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/18/06 at 8:29 am

I love this song...and also his song, "I Could Not Ask For More".  They've always been 2 songs that my husband would play for me or include on mix cds that he used to make for me back in the day. ;)

Written By: nally on 09/18/06 at 11:30 am

yeah..."I Could Not Ask For More" was his other big hit. He didn't have any additional hits, did he?

Written By: MysticMitch on 09/18/06 at 2:33 pm

yeah..."I Could Not Ask For More" was his other big hit. He didn't have any additional hits, did he?

His first hit was "Solitude" which featured Darius Rucker, lead singer of Hootie & the Blowfish.  It got some airplay on the two rock stations we had here at the time.  A moderate hit around late 1995.  I bought it on cassette single when it came out (along with "Name" by Goo Goo Dolls and "Carnival" by Natalie Merchant.  I can't believe I remember that).

- Mystic Mitch
Hits105 (90's Radio)

http://www.hits105.com

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/18/06 at 2:51 pm

I LOVE this song.  It's one of my all time favorites.

Written By: nally on 09/18/06 at 5:35 pm

His first hit was "Solitude" which featured Darius Rucker, lead singer of Hootie & the Blowfish.  It got some airplay on the two rock stations we had here at the time.  A moderate hit around late 1995.  I bought it on cassette single when it came out (along with "Name" by Goo Goo Dolls and "Carnival" by Natalie Merchant.  I can't believe I remember that).

- Mystic Mitch
Hits105 (90's Radio)

http://www.hits105.com

Haven't heard of that. In fact, I never heard of him until he released "I'll Be" in 1998.

Written By: Tam on 09/19/06 at 12:28 pm

When I hear it - it makes me cry!

Check for new replies or respond here...