inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Homemade Radio "Shows"

Written By: audkal on 08/28/06 at 11:07 pm

Was just wondering did anyone make their own talk shows on a tape recorder for fun?  When I was 5 and my bro was 10 (about 1995).  We would make our own talk shows with the coolest "guests" at the time.  So my bro would do like his Jim Carrey impression, or he would have me be Nala from Lion King or sometimes a character from Mortal Kombat.  It was fun but I still have those tapes and listened to them recently and think their sort of dorky but cute and neat at the same time.  Did anyone else do this?  LOL.

Subject: Re: Homemade Radio "Shows"

Written By: WalkerP20 on 08/29/06 at 3:59 am

I did similar things with my friends.  I remember back around 1994 and 1995, me and my friend Roberto would play Basketball outside the apartment complex and we would record ourselves on my boombox.  Sadly, I can't find those tapes

But I do still have tape from around Late 1997 of me and my friend just goofing around and "mocking" the songs that were playing on the radio that day ("You Make Me Wanna" by Usher, Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba, etc..")

It's funny, but i've got about 5 cassette tapes right here next to my computer.  I was listening to them and they've got some mid 90's songs on them from back when I recorded our top 40 radio station back then.  Some songs on the tape were "Breakfast At Tiffany's" and the "Macarena"  :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/31/06 at 8:36 pm

Ironically I don't (considering I've always loved talk shows - both the comedy ones like Leno, and "talk" talk shows, like Ricki Lake and the old '90s Jerry Springer).

However, when I was 12 or 13, I had a pocket sized tape recorder (which would double as a Walkman) and I'd record just the most random things - i.e. going to the McDonald's drive through, or just random day to day things. ;) I still have alot of 1994ish stuff on tape like that, which I now look at as a sort of personal time capsule.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/31/06 at 11:21 pm

Ironically I don't (considering I've always loved talk shows - both the comedy ones like Leno, and "talk" talk shows, like Ricki Lake and the old '90s Jerry Springer).

However, when I was 12 or 13, I had a pocket sized tape recorder (which would double as a Walkman) and I'd record just the most random things - i.e. going to the McDonald's drive through, or just random day to day things. ;) I still have alot of 1994ish stuff on tape like that, which I now look at as a sort of personal time capsule.

That's really neat Marty ;). I've got a few tape recordings from the mid-'90s, but I never recorded too much stuff. I kinda regret that now though. I think it would be neat to have recordings like that from the early/mid '90s.

Written By: saver on 09/03/06 at 9:23 pm

Was just wondering did anyone make their own talk shows on a tape recorder for fun?  When I was 5 and my bro was 10 (about 1995).  We would make our own talk shows with the coolest "guests" at the time.  So my bro would do like his Jim Carrey impression, or he would have me be Nala from Lion King or sometimes a character from Mortal Kombat.  It was fun but I still have those tapes and listened to them recently and think their sort of dorky but cute and neat at the same time.  Did anyone else do this?  LOL.

That usually turns out how disc jockeys were influenced to work on real radio shows....

I on the other hand went further some kids pretended they were radio, others used to host fake talk show(which led some to have their own tv talk today), I used to hold fake TELETHONS,let the neigborhood kids perform THEN ask them for money  for me and the telethon.

That didn't last very long after the parents got wind ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...