inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dawson's Creek

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/06/06 at 7:21 am

So...I didn't watch the show when it was actually out on TV...but I started watching it when TBS started with the repeats...and I have been watching the box sets...and I have to say that I am now addicted. The show actually used to annoy me, but it's pretty okay.  Any other Dawson's Creek fans? The one thing that really annoys me though is the constant mood swings of Joey.  She plays Dawson SO many times...it's irritating. ::)

Subject: Re: Dawson's Creek

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/11/06 at 1:03 pm

Up until Pacey became more likeable than Dawson, and Dawson became kind of a jerk.  ::)

Me and couple of my friends thought at the times, it should be renamed Pacey's Creek.  ;D

Written By: Abix on 10/28/06 at 7:05 am

Dawson's Creek is my guilty pleasure.  I have the entire series on DVD and I'm up to season 5, where Jen and Dawson are living together and Joey is a serious college student. Pacey is banging some rich older girl, and also slept with the hispanic older waitress.  What bugs me is how they just drop the previous feelings for each other.. the other day I was watching it and Pacey takes Joey's room mate out, and just in the previous season Joey and Pacey were head over heels in love with each other. If that were me, I'd be stewing for about 5 yrs!

Also in seasons 1,2,3, it appears they are trying to cover up some sort of hair problem on Dawson, with those big floppy bangs that don't move... I have often wondered if he ended up getting hair plugs because of a  receding hairline or what? and that forehead? He sometimes appears to have Hydrocephalus (water on the brain which  causes a big head).   He makes up for it with those killer eyebrows though. That's what makes him so cute. those eyebrows.   But I think Pacey's cuter actually :P . And Jack.. that whole story line just irritates me.. Is he gay? Isn't he? Currently in season 5 they have him living in a frat house and partying with a bunch of straight guys who know he's gay.. Yah right..
Yet, I love the show. Go figure.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/28/06 at 11:40 am

Dawson's Creek is my guilty pleasure.  I have the entire series on DVD and I'm up to season 5, where Jen and Dawson are living together and Joey is a serious college student. Pacey is banging some rich older girl, and also slept with the hispanic older waitress.  What bugs me is how they just drop the previous feelings for each other.. the other day I was watching it and Pacey takes Joey's room mate out, and just in the previous season Joey and Pacey were head over heels in love with each other. If that were me, I'd be stewing for about 5 yrs!

Also in seasons 1,2,3, it appears they are trying to cover up some sort of hair problem on Dawson, with those big floppy bangs that don't move... I have often wondered if he ended up getting hair plugs because of a  receding hairline or what? and that forehead? He sometimes appears to have Hydrocephalus (water on the brain which  causes a big head).   He makes up for it with those killer eyebrows though. That's what makes him so cute. those eyebrows.   But I think Pacey's cuter actually :P . And Jack.. that whole story line just irritates me.. Is he gay? Isn't he? Currently in season 5 they have him living in a frat house and partying with a bunch of straight guys who know he's gay.. Yah right..
Yet, I love the show. Go figure.

I recently watched all of Season 2...and I am hooked now. I have to get my hands on the later seasons.  Ya, I hate how they jump from one person to the next, in and out of love...and Joey just makes me nervous.....she's so indecisive all the time.

I never found Dawson to be attractive....but his eyes are really cute...like puppy dog eyes or something. I grew to really like him after watching a bunch of episodes....he's a "nice guy".

Written By: Abix on 10/28/06 at 11:53 am

oops, I hope I didn't wreck it for you by telling you about season 5.  Sorry about that.. Refresh my memory... in Season 2, had Joey hooked up with Pacey yet or did that happen in Season 3?  My husband makes fun of me cuz I'm damn near 40 and I love this show about teenagers.. I used to tape it when it was on tv. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/28/06 at 11:56 am

oops, I hope I didn't wreck it for you by telling you about season 5.  Sorry about that.. Refresh my memory... in Season 2, had Joey hooked up with Pacey yet or did that happen in Season 3?   My husband makes fun of me cuz I'm damn near 40 and I love this show about teenagers.. I used to tape it when it was on tv. 

no, you didn't ruin it for me...I've seen episodes here and there from all of the seasons...just not in complete order.  No, I think it is season 3 where they hook up. In season 2...Jack and his sister Andi were around..Andi had a breakdown, that Abby girl drowned when she and Jen were drinking at the pier, Jack is just realizing that he is gay, Dawson and Joey had a thing....that's about it. LOL!

Written By: Abix on 10/28/06 at 12:09 pm

oh yeah.. Andi.. she bugged me. lol.. Joey carries her torch for Dawson right up to season 5.. but I won't give it away about who lost who's virginity to whom..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/28/06 at 12:10 pm

oh yeah.. Andi.. she bugged me. lol.. Joey carries her torch for Dawson right up to season 5.. but I won't give it away about who lost who's virginity to whom..

doesn't she end up sleeping with both of them at some point?

Written By: Abix on 10/28/06 at 12:15 pm

doesn't she end up sleeping with both of them at some point?
well i have to say, back when it was on tv I stopped watching around season 3 or 4.. so.... I'm on season 5 right now... and so far she has only slept with one of them... Joey lost it in season 4. oops, I'm an airhead... I gave too much away.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/28/06 at 12:16 pm

well i have to say, back when it was on tv I stopped watching around season 3 or 4.. so.... I'm on season 5 right now... and so far she has only slept with one of them... Joey lost it in season 4. oops, I'm an airhead... I gave too much away.

no, it's ok.  I think I heard she slept with both of them....not sure though.  Oh that Joey...she can never make up her mind. I do know who she ends up with in the end though.

Regarding Pacey and Andi...I didn't like them together....he was very sweet to her though.

Written By: Abix on 10/28/06 at 12:20 pm

no, it's ok.  I think I heard she slept with both of them....not sure though.  Oh that Joey...she can never make up her mind. I do know who she ends up with in the end though.

Regarding Pacey and Andi...I didn't like them together....he was very sweet to her though.

I think they should have made Jack not gay and had him marry Jen. They made a good team. They did make out once in Season 4.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/28/06 at 4:11 pm

So...I didn't watch the show when it was actually out on TV...but I started watching it when TBS started with the repeats...and I have been watching the box sets...and I have to say that I am now addicted. The show actually used to annoy me, but it's pretty okay.  Any other Dawson's Creek fans? The one thing that really annoys me though is the constant mood swings of Joey.  She plays Dawson SO many times...it's irritating. ::)

I never watched it either, but it was in the culture so much at the time, I sorta experienced it vicariously, if you know what I mean. From what I know, I'd say it's sort of like (albeit exaggerated) a soap opera, dramatic teen view of the late '90s/very early '00s.

However, I do like that theme song "I Don't Wanna Wait" (although I was pretty sick of it back in 1998). ;D

Written By: holicman on 11/19/06 at 7:44 am

I Loved Dawsons Creek and I must I was one of them who "Came out to my parents".

I am a lesbian..........I love women too much :)

Quirk, this will make sense to you as you watch more Dawsons Creek :)

Check for new replies or respond here...