inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Know the Title, but Who's the Artist?...1992 song stumper!

Written By: mareiarden on 09/16/06 at 9:48 pm

Hi.

I found an old mix tape from BMG when I was cleaning out my closet. I think they used to give the tapes out at the actual stores to give new artists free PR.

I already tracked down the few songs I still liked on iTunes, but, for the life of me, I can't find proof that the last one ever even existed...except for this tape, of course!

Anyway, the name of the song (according to the side of the tape) is Not Over You.  It's a very chill song, kind of like alternative hip-hop. The lyrics are about how some girl (I think) dumped the singer and all of his friends/family are telling him to move on, but of course he's "not over you yet"...The really stand-out portion of the song, however, is when the singer's friend comes over, the music cuts out, and they have this hilarious little dialogue with the friend turning on the radio and Ain't No Sunshine (by Bill Withers) comes on in the background.  And then the music to the actual song comes on again, so it's kind of like a song within in a song (or I guess we could call it a waaaaaaay early sample!).

I really, really want to know who sang it so I can try and download it. Thanx!

Check for new replies or respond here...