inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember this song

Written By: Flameon on 09/19/06 at 5:38 pm

"ta tada ta-ta tada ta-ta tada...I am sitting at the counter, there's a woman on the outside..."

Something like that. It was like a song about nothing. Just everyday stuff, like going to the diner and the female artist just song what she saw...

Subject: Re: Anyone remember this song

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/06 at 5:54 pm

That would be "Tom's Diner" by D.N.A. featuring Suzanne Vega (1990)

was originally an album track for Suzanne Vega in 1987

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/19/06 at 5:55 pm

"ta tada ta-ta tada ta-ta tada...I am sitting at the counter, there's a woman on the outside..."

Something like that. It was like a song about nothing. Just everyday stuff, like going to the diner and the female artist just song what she saw...

"Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega featuring DNA

Big Hit from Late 1990

Written By: Flameon on 09/19/06 at 6:04 pm

Ah, yes. Tom's Diner. Wasn't there like a music video also for this song? I keep envisioning Suzanne Vega looking like Sinead O'Connor in my head.

Written By: whistledog on 09/19/06 at 6:12 pm

"Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega featuring DNA

Big Hit from Late 1990

I already said that :P

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/19/06 at 6:15 pm

Ah, yes. Tom's Diner. Wasn't there like a music video also for this song? I keep envisioning Suzanne Vega looking like Sinead O'Connor in my head.

Here's the Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFih5NCXFl0

I already said that :P

We must have posted around the same time, because I didn't see your post when I decided to reply

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/19/06 at 6:25 pm

A little Trivia.  The "Tom's Diner" that Suzanne Vega is singing about is the same Diner/Restaurant used in the sitcom "Seinfeld" that the charcters hung out at frequently

It's an actual place called "Tom's Restaurant" located in New York City

Here's a nice picture of it - http://www.suzannevega.com/images/FunFacts/tomsRestaurant.jpg

Written By: bj26 on 09/20/06 at 6:40 am

A little Trivia.  The "Tom's Diner" that Suzanne Vega is singing about is the same Diner/Restaurant used in the sitcom "Seinfeld" that the charcters hung out at frequently

It's an actual place called "Tom's Restaurant" located in New York City

Here's a nice picture of it - http://www.suzannevega.com/images/FunFacts/tomsRestaurant.jpg
I'm going to NYC this December, I might go up to Tom's Diner and snap a few photos, thanks for the info!

Check for new replies or respond here...