inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 15 Years Ago Today

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/24/06 at 10:20 am

15 Years Ago (September 24th, 1991), "Nevermind" by Nirvana was released.  To honor the anniversary, here is a poll for you to choose which track from the album you liked the best

My personal favorites off of the album are "In Bloom", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Lithium".  I know that "SLTS" is the popular choice, but it's tough not to pick it (for me atleast)

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/2d/95/88ec4310fca069a987646010.L.jpg

Subject: Re: 15 Years Ago Today

Written By: Davester on 09/24/06 at 10:26 am

Come As You Are  was my fave track from that album...

Runner-up - In Bloom...go ;)...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/24/06 at 1:23 pm

In order:

Come As You Are
In Bloom
Smells Like Teen Spirit

Damn, how time flies!!!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/24/06 at 2:25 pm

I think every track on the album is awesome(one of the few albums I have that I can listen to all the way through without being tempted to skip). My personal favorite would probably be Lounge Act. Followed by Come As You Are.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/25/06 at 9:24 am

I like "In Bloom."

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/25/06 at 9:38 pm

When it was popular, I always favored "Come As You Are", since it's sort of a ballad. I eventually came to like the rest of it too, although it took me awhile to warm up to it (I was more into softer pop and '80s rock, still am actually).

P.S. Wow, can't believe "the '90s" just became fifteen years ago. :D It was weird enough in late 2001 when I thought of how it was a full decade. Now that seems almost around the corner.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/25/06 at 11:24 pm

When it was popular, I always favored "Come As You Are", since it's sort of a ballad. I eventually came to like the rest of it too, although it took me awhile to warm up to it (I was more into softer pop and '80s rock, still am actually).

P.S. Wow, can't believe "the '90s" just became fifteen years ago. :D It was weird enough in late 2001 when I thought of how it was a full decade. Now that seems almost around the corner.

Yeah, that is really weird :D. It wont be long and the grunge, gangsta rap, "1994" '90s will be 20 years old :o

Written By: P.E.D. on 09/26/06 at 11:02 am

In three years, 3 months, and 6 days..the 1990s will officially be TWENTY years ago. (Jan 1, 1990-Jan. 1, 2010)

Written By: Ebontyne on 09/26/06 at 3:29 pm

"Come As You Are" ... it's so melodic.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/27/06 at 2:36 am

Come As You Are.  I like SLTS, but it's a little overrated.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/27/06 at 4:25 am

"Come As You Are" because it's cool.

Written By: holicman on 09/28/06 at 10:49 am

I love every song on this album, which I think is a rarity for me.

Its the album I have ever bought where I have liked every song.

I ended up choosing Drain you.....I just love this song and its lyrics, closely followed by On a Plain, and Lounge act and Territorial pissings equal 3rd :)

Written By: rich1981 on 09/29/06 at 1:05 am

Although I really like "Come As You Are", I chose the underrated "Drain You" for its awesome chorus.

Check for new replies or respond here...