inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: chip and dale

Written By: pokemonkid888 on 10/08/06 at 10:35 pm

anyone remember chip and dale rescue rangers show it used to be on disney channel i think

Subject: Re: chip and dale

Written By: nally on 10/30/06 at 1:22 pm

It was part of the "Disney Afternoon" during the early 90's...eventually it went to the Disney Channel...and then Toon Disney was launched. Who woulda thought that network would get strange?

Anyway, "Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers" was one of my favorite early 90s cartoons.

Written By: whistledog on 10/30/06 at 1:30 pm

I saw this thread and thought "I bet pokemonkid8888 did it" :D

I used to watch Chip and Dale all the time.  How hot was Gadget? ;D

Written By: nally on 10/30/06 at 11:13 pm

I had several favorite episodes, including the one where Dale had an alien clone of himself.

How hot was Gadget? ;D

;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/31/06 at 12:37 pm

It was part of the "Disney Afternoon" during the early 90's...eventually it went to the Disney Channel...and then Toon Disney was launched. Who woulda thought that network would get strange?

Anyway, "Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers" was one of my favorite early 90s cartoons.

Yeah, I remember watching that show in the '90s when it still came on the Disney Channel. Disney had alot of cool cartoons in the '80s and early '90s. It's kinda sad to see the crappy shows they put out today.

Written By: woops on 10/31/06 at 6:27 pm

The only show on Disney Channel now that's decent is "The Suite Life".

"Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers" was OK, though I prefer the cartoons from the 1940's & 1950's instead with Chip n' Dale against Donald Duck or Pluto

Written By: nupur on 10/31/06 at 7:27 pm

I saw this thread and thought "I bet pokemonkid8888 did it" :D

haha...same here

:)

Written By: Brian06 on 10/31/06 at 7:41 pm

Yeah I used to watch this.

Written By: nally on 11/01/06 at 11:49 am

Disney had alot of cool cartoons in the '80s and early '90s.

They sure did...Ducktales, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck... I don't seem to find those on Toon Disney anymore. :\'( Unless they're aired sporadically.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/03/06 at 9:08 pm

I remember this show, it was good!

Written By: nally on 11/30/06 at 11:58 am

I remember this show, it was good!

Yes, I was a big fan of it in 1991-92.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/03/06 at 12:03 am

They sure did...Ducktales, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck... I don't seem to find those on Toon Disney anymore. :\'( Unless they're aired sporadically.

Yeah, all those shows(and some of the others they showed on The Disney Afternoon) were really cool. And no those shows don't come on Toon Disney at all anymore. As far as I know they haven't shown any of TDA shows on TD since they took Talespin off back in 2004 :-\\

Written By: nally on 12/03/06 at 12:59 pm

Yeah, all those shows(and some of the others they showed on The Disney Afternoon) were really cool. And no those shows don't come on Toon Disney at all anymore. As far as I know they haven't shown any of TDA shows on TD since they took Talespin off back in 2004 :-\\

That sucks. :( Why did TD have to take 'em off and replace 'em with anime-type shows...and Power Rangers? ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/03/06 at 1:10 pm

That sucks. :( Why did TD have to take 'em off and replace 'em with anime-type shows...and Power Rangers? ::)

Because they felt like it.

Written By: nally on 12/03/06 at 1:13 pm

Because they felt like it.

Right.

They probably wanted to draw more viewers by doing this, but IMHO It's just not the same. :-\\ I guess our only hope now is to wait for some of these good shows to come out on DVD if we wanna see them again.

Written By: robby76 on 12/04/06 at 8:50 am

And the Chip N Dale theme tune was sung none other than by 80s supergroup The Jets!  :D

http://www.cisco-records.co.jp/cgi/jacket/C2/C2548.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/06 at 4:32 pm

And the Chip N Dale theme tune was sung none other than by 80s supergroup The Jets!  :D

OMG I never knew that.  That's awesome 8)

Written By: nally on 12/04/06 at 4:57 pm

OMG I never knew that.  That's awesome 8)

I never knew that either. Often times when I post a theme song title in a PBG thread, I usually credit "TV Theme" (or something to that effect) as the performer.

Must be one of the male members who provides the vocal...since a guy appears to be singing the words.

Written By: robby76 on 12/04/06 at 8:00 pm

You can tell it's The Jets cos of that signature lisp they all seem to have.  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/05/06 at 9:58 am

You can tell it's The Jets cosine of that signature lisp they all seem to have.  ;D

I never noticed that.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/05/06 at 10:00 am

Yes, I watched Chip & Dale occasionally...they were not my favorite, but they were ok.

Check for new replies or respond here...