inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s country songs

Written By: pokemonkid888 on 10/12/06 at 8:13 am

anyone know any 90s country songs

Subject: Re: 90s country songs

Written By: robby76 on 10/12/06 at 10:51 am

Yes thanks. 

:D

Written By: zcrito on 10/12/06 at 4:57 pm

Sorry, but I've only one song for ya

Baby, Now That I've Found You -- Alison Krauss & Union Station (1995)

(original was by The Foundations in 1967, but I really like AK's slow interpretation of it)

Written By: nally on 10/12/06 at 5:27 pm

I actually know some. I've never been a fan of country, but I do happen to like some songs by country artists...which have hit big on the pop charts. LeAnn Rimes has some good stuff, even though some of her songs don't even sound like country.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 10/12/06 at 6:02 pm

I'm listening to "Safe in the Arms of Love" by Martina McBride over at YouTube right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPvRFvX2Oaw

Written By: whistledog on 10/12/06 at 8:22 pm

ATM, the only country song (that I know by title) that I like is "When She Cries" by Restless Heart :)

Written By: robby76 on 10/12/06 at 8:53 pm

Okay, so in all seriousness... big crossover country acts in the 90s were Garth Brooks and Shania Twain.

I remember buying a cd by Suzie Bogguss in the mid-90s too. Her "Give Me Some Wheels" track was great!

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/12/06 at 10:49 pm

Achy-Breaky Heart (j/k, lol)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/12/06 at 11:55 pm

Okay, so in all seriousness... big crossover country acts in the 90s were Garth Brooks and Shania Twain.

I remember buying a cd by Suzie Bogguss in the mid-90s too. Her "Give Me Some Wheels" track was great!

Yeah, the only country that I really like is the crossover acts as well. I like quite a few of Garth Brooks early '90s songs, but possibly my favorite overall '90s country song(and defidently a guilty pleasure,lol) is "Forever's as Far as I'll Go" by Alabama :)

Written By: nally on 10/13/06 at 1:38 pm

...and Shania Twain hit big on the pop charts in the 90s and 00s. When I first heard "That Don't Impress Me Much" in March/April 1999, I noticed it sounded more like a pop song...until I found out a couple years later that there was a "country" version, with different rhythm track/instruments/etc.

Written By: audkal on 10/13/06 at 2:01 pm

"This Kiss" - Faith Hill
"Indian Outlaw" - Tim McGraw
"Nobody Knows" - Tony Rich Project (The version by Kevin Sharp I think is the original and sounds more country.)

Written By: whistledog on 10/13/06 at 3:11 pm

Ones I forgot about were performed by the group Blue Rodeo, most notably "Lost Together" and "Til I Am Myself Again".  I love those songs ;)

Written By: nally on 10/13/06 at 3:21 pm

"This Kiss" - Faith Hill
"Indian Outlaw" - Tim McGraw
"Nobody Knows" - Tony Rich Project (The version by Kevin Sharp I think is the original and sounds more country.)

Tony Rich Project is not country...but I have heard a country version of it by a different performer. Maybe Kevin Sharp is that performer.

Similarly, All-4-One covered a couple of John Michael Montgomery country songs in the mid-90s: "I Swear" and "I Could Love You Like That." I like All-4-one's versions better.

Written By: spaceace on 10/13/06 at 4:57 pm

Freinds in Low Places by Garth Brooks.  Achy breaky Heart, by Billy Ray Cyrus,  Something in Red by Lorie Morgan  Little Rock by Collin Raye,  Billy the Kid by Billy Dean. :)

Written By: lizjagger on 10/21/06 at 12:09 am

Just a couple of Restless Heart songs..."I'll still be loving you", when she cries" , "tell me what you dream"

does the billy ray cyrus "achy break-y heart" song count? that one was known in the pop world just as well..

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/06 at 2:51 pm

does the billy ray cyrus "achy break-y heart" song count? that one was known in the pop world just as well..

Sure does.  Billy Ray was a pure country act :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/22/06 at 3:00 am

Even though I normally don't dig country, there's a few of the poppier '90s songs I did come to enjoy (I think it had two pop periods in the '90s, the first being with artists like Garth Brooks around 1992 before it really exploded c. 1997 with Shania and Faith Hill).

I usually like the ballads better, such as:

"What Might've Been" by Little Texas
"I Still Believe in You" by Vince Gill
"When She Cries" by Restless Heart
"Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw (I always thought the story in this one was really sad)

Check for new replies or respond here...