inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boomerang

Written By: pokemonkid888 on 10/24/06 at 7:03 pm

anyone got this channel it shows classac cartoons i just got it I love it

Subject: Re: Boomerang

Written By: nally on 10/24/06 at 7:06 pm

I've heard about the channel, but my cable service doesn't have it on their lineup. :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/24/06 at 9:40 pm

I love Boomerang.  Thank God for digital cable.

Written By: Roadgeek on 10/24/06 at 9:44 pm

Yup, I've got it. It's awesome they show Garfield and Friends now.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/24/06 at 10:06 pm

We used to have it with our old cable company...but our new one doesn't have it yet.

Written By: woops on 10/25/06 at 1:04 am

Don't have digital cable, though Looney Tunes & old MGM toons air on TCM's "Cartoon Alley"

Written By: nally on 10/25/06 at 12:11 pm

Don't have digital cable, though Looney Tunes & old MGM toons air on TCM's "Cartoon Alley"

I remember you discussed that in another thread...but I keep forgetting when it's on so I can watch it!! :o

Written By: nupur on 10/25/06 at 3:34 pm

i've wanted boomerang for the longest time. cartoon network used to show shows like the flinstones, the regular scooby doo, and the jetsons on cable tv, but now you have to get boomerang to watch them all.

Written By: joey304 on 10/29/06 at 10:31 am

yea its awesome, buts so unpredictable with what is going to be on

Subject: Boomerang

Written By: Dude111 on 03/01/18 at 11:28 pm

I've heard about the channel, but my cable service doesn't have it on their lineup. :-\\

They used to be good when they started.... Now they show more crap than GOOD cartoons!!! (Same as cartoon network)

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 03/12/18 at 9:31 pm

I remember Boomerang. I'd watch the Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo there back when it was a block on CN. Never liked the Flintstones or Jetsons. Guys, remember Boo Boo Runs Wild and A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith? Those were awesome :D

Looking at it now (I'm in Japan so I don't get Boomerang) I see they show Sonic Boom! God damn!

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/13/18 at 6:11 am

Boomerang is a lot like what happened to TV Land, but for cartoons. At first, it was a nostalgia channel focusing on stuff from classic Looney Tunes to the vast Hanna-Barbera library before being bought out by Warner Bros. It's a shame, since the only way to reliably watch classic cartoons is to buy DVD sets since few of them seem to stream on Amazon or Netflix, or by subscribing to their video on-demand service. And of course, its not like kids wouldn't watch them. Kids & adults both watched The Flinstones, Rocky & Bullwinkle, The Jetsons, and Yogi Bear when those were rerun a generation ago back when those were syndicated. Let's not forget Cartoon Network itself in its earliest years (1992-1995 or so) was a lot like Boomerang in its earliest years. Nowadays, it's basically more like Nicktoons in terms of being a castoff network for shows that didn't do well enough on CN itself, though at least Looney Tunes still can be seen.

Check for new replies or respond here...