inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Billie (Piper) - Teen Pop Star

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/06 at 12:58 am

Does anyone remember British teen pop star Billie Piper?

At the age of 15, she became the first ever artist to debut at #1 in the UK chart with her debut single, when "Because We Want to" hit #1 in July of 1998.  She released a total of 2 albums between 1998-2001 and scored 8 UK Top 40 hits. 

In America, "She Wants You" hit the Top 10 on the Dance chart,
In Canada, "Because We Want To" cracked the Top 40 Singles chart, and "She Wants You" was a big radio hit

Apparently she gave up her singing career to focus on acting.  She can currently be seen as Rose Tyler on the new "Doctor Who"

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/drd400/d463/d4633942d27.jpg http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/drg600/g695/g69578w1vdg.jpg

YouTube videos of all her hits:

Because We Want to
Girlfriend
She Wants You
Honey to the Bee
Day and Night
Something Deep Inside
Walk of Life

Subject: Re: Billie (Piper) - Teen Pop Star

Written By: lti313 on 11/08/06 at 6:23 pm

I remember Billie.  Hard to believe it was 8 years ago she first came on the scene.  Living in the States, we didn't get much Billie obviously but I remember MTV had a special on the air one time and they were playing all new music videos.  They played Billie's "She Wants You" (her 3rd UK single) (1st US single I assume) and I was hooked.  It's a great pop/dance song.  And Billie came out before Britney.  I think Billie's first CD is very good.  I have the 2nd but I never played it much.  I hate to admit it but the first single didn't do anything for me, "Day and Night".  It reeked of Britney and I remember being disappointed by that.  It was obviously an attempt to get her more commercial success to compete with Brit but I found her first four singles to be much more her style.  I did enjoy the 2nd and 3rd singles though from the 2nd CD, "Something Deep Inside" and "Walk of Life."

Travis  :)

Subject: Re: Billie (Piper) - Teen Pop Star

Written By: rodrigueshart on 11/16/06 at 10:13 am

Billie left her pop career behind as she travelled the world with her then husband chris evans.
She has now carved a successful TV career out for herself here in england wining numerous awards for her part in doctor Who and critical acclaim for her tv work.

Check for new replies or respond here...