inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mystery Science Theater 3000

Written By: Tia on 11/14/06 at 12:40 pm

funny, i seriously have dozens of episodes of this show and at the moment i can't remember if they spelled it "theater" or "theatre."

for the uninitiated, mst3k was the show with the puppet silhouettes on the bottom of the screen who made fun of bad movies. it was comedy genius. i met trace beaulieu once, at a furry convention! he's the only man i'd willingly schtupp.

http://www.popmatters.com/tv/interviews/beaulieu-trace-040412.shtml

fans of the show may or may not be aware that head writer mike nelson is continuing the tradition by adding mst3k-style commentary tracks to various DVD movies -- house on haunted hill, carnival of souls, night of the living dead. he's also doing something called rifftrax (rifftrax.com) where you can download a commentary mp3 and play it along with various movies. i haven't done any of this yet but i heaer they're pretty funny.

Subject: Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000

Written By: KKay on 11/14/06 at 12:49 pm

I own many episodes; one of the things I loved about it was...they managed to make not only Joel, the eyes-half-opened hero and his robort cohorts very cute.
I would totally go with Tom Servo. 

Also, they picked films that I had actually seen or at least heard of; so it was finally entertainment for us bad movie geeks! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/06 at 12:54 pm

I LOVE MST3.  After watching it, I find myself watching other movies where I would make similar comments like they do. I guess it is contagious.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/14/06 at 10:28 pm

MST3 rocks!  The Hobgoblin episode is a fraking classic!  ;D

Written By: ralfy on 04/17/16 at 12:40 pm

"Original cast of Mystery Science Theater 3000 to reunite"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/original-cast-of-mystery-science-theater-3000-to-reunite/

Check for new replies or respond here...