inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Written By: spaceace on 11/16/06 at 7:08 pm

Tim Burton's first stop motion animation on his own.  What did you guys think?  Like it? Hate it? 

Subject: Re: The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Written By: nally on 12/29/06 at 8:11 pm

I saw a snippet of it on TBS not too long ago...I don't know what to make of it. :-\\

Written By: velvetoneo on 12/29/06 at 8:19 pm

LOVED IT. I watched it every day when I was in Pre-K, which was around 1994-1995.

Written By: spaceace on 12/29/06 at 8:53 pm

LOVED IT. I watched it every day when I was in Pre-K, which was around 1994-1995.

I've got the DVD.  The effects in it are amazing. :)

Written By: KKay on 12/29/06 at 10:29 pm

loved it danny elfman is great

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/29/06 at 11:42 pm

It's a really great movie.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/29/06 at 11:51 pm

A great movie, but it gets old with repeated views.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 12/30/06 at 3:25 am

As I recall, I thought it was pretty cool. I haven't seen it in quite a few years though

Written By: KKay on 12/30/06 at 8:04 am

I think the little nod to Kurt Weill's music...that organ-grider ballad sound of the songs was such a lovely touch.  The love song between the characters is really  pretty.  and it was katherine o'hara!

Written By: cushlinkes on 12/30/06 at 6:18 pm

I love The Nightmare Before Christmas.  Tim Burton is great.  He didn't really do it all on his own though, Burton produced it, and Henry Selick directed it.  Anyway, I love the music.  Danny Elfman is my favorite musician.  Oingo Boingo (Elfman's rock band) is my favorite band!

Written By: KKay on 12/31/06 at 8:48 am

I love The Nightmare Before Christmas.  Tim Burton is great.  He didn't really do it all on his own though, Burton produced it, and Henry Selick directed it.  Anyway, I love the music.  Danny Elfman is my favorite musician.  Oingo Boingo (Elfman's rock band) is my favorite band!

good taste abounds. the band is great and elfman's work after that is brilliant.

Written By: Tia on 12/31/06 at 9:48 am

hated it. walked out of the theater in the middle.

maybe i just wasn't in the mood for a musical puppet show at the moment. then again, danny elfman, right? danny elfman makes me wanna claw my own face off with a spork. it's just a personal preference.

then again tim burton did "ed wood." therefore, he's a perfect human being. LOVED ed wood. i like to wear women's clothes!

Written By: nupur on 01/01/07 at 11:49 am

ive always loved this movie, especially the music. my favorite song was the one when jack first encounters snow.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/01/07 at 2:18 pm

hated it. walked out of the theater in the middle.

maybe i just wasn't in the mood for a musical puppet show at the moment. then again, danny elfman, right? danny elfman makes me wanna claw my own face off with a spork. it's just a personal preference.

then again tim burton did "ed wood." therefore, he's a perfect human being. LOVED ed wood. i like to wear women's clothes!

What Tia said, except for Ed Wood - I've never seen it.

Written By: kairi747 on 01/15/07 at 11:24 am

LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!  Still love it!  Went to see it in 3-D when it came out last spring!  My son thought he WAS Pumpkin Jack for about a whole year whe he was 3-4.  I used to face paint his face to look like him all the time.  When he was 4 that was his Halloween costume.  Bought a real tuxedo and added stripes, made the bat tie, etc.
Love the soundtrack.  Danny Elfman is the best.  This movie does not get old no matter how many times you watch it!!
Most of my wardrobe is NBX shirts - I guess that's pretty sad when you think about it, but oh well!!  ;)

Written By: Uncanny on 01/18/07 at 2:55 pm

I used to love this movie.

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 01/18/07 at 6:38 pm

I LOVE this movie.

Written By: TheLurkerKing on 02/10/07 at 2:44 pm

I've seen it twice. Saw it when it was first released, then saw it last year in 3-D. Enjoyed it even more, when I saw it for the second time.

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/07 at 11:42 pm

I only saw bits of it, but It was good.  I need to see it all someday.

A little off topic here, but a while ago on some other messageboard, some guy posted that the real Nightmare Before Christmas is seeing Santa Claus in bed with your Grandmother on Christmas Eve ;D

Written By: spaceace on 02/11/07 at 6:07 pm

I only saw bits of it, but It was good.  I need to see it all someday.

A little off topic here, but a while ago on some other messageboard, some guy posted that the real Nightmare Before Christmas is seeing Santa Claus in bed with your Grandmother on Christmas Eve ;D

Yes, you should see the whole thing.

OMG that would be a nightmare. ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/12/07 at 8:15 am

Yes, it would.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...