inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tetris Attack

Written By: 90skid555 on 11/29/06 at 5:24 am

Anyone remember that game for the super nintendo ? that is my favorite game

Subject: Re: Tetris Attack

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/29/06 at 9:49 am

Are you kidding?  That is the only video game I've ever been able to play.  As a youngster I used to sit in a banana chair and play it every night before bed.  I still play it on my phone all the time.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/06 at 10:23 am

If The Arcade was up and running Tetris can be played there.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/30/06 at 9:50 am

I like Tetris abit more.

Written By: Doc Brown on 09/21/09 at 11:26 pm

Nintendo!
Now, let's go play together, under the clearest of blue skies.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: nally on 09/21/09 at 11:38 pm

Tetris "Attack"? Don't think I've played that one. Just plain old Tetris.

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/09 at 6:50 pm

I saw this thread and was like 90skid555 is back?

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/22/09 at 7:42 pm

I love Tetris!  It was the only video game I was ever really good at.  I used to play it on my Game Boy all the time!  :)

Written By: nally on 09/22/09 at 9:50 pm

I love Tetris!  It was the only video game I was ever really good at.  I used to play it on my Game Boy all the time!  :)

Me too!! :D

I got a Game Boy as a present for my 11th birthday, and the unit came with a Tetris game cartridge, and I got addicted to it fast!! On that version, the most lines I ever got was 169, which is level 16, and by then the blocks are already starting to fall down quickly (to the point where the slide-the-piece-under technique doesn't work anymore).

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/26/09 at 4:42 pm

This one had Yoshi on this.

Written By: Satish on 09/26/09 at 11:02 pm

Tetris came included with the Nintendo Game Boy in the early to mid 90s, so anyone who had a Game Boy would have played it. I played it quite a bit, and I'd say I became quite the expert! Starting from level 0, I could get over 250 000 points. When you get that many points, you get to see rockets blasting off into the sky.

Written By: nally on 10/01/09 at 11:40 pm

Tetris came included with the Nintendo Game Boy in the early to mid 90s, so anyone who had a Game Boy would have played it.

Such as me. I acquired my Nintendo Game Boy in '91, as I mentioned above.

I played it quite a bit, and I'd say I became quite the expert! Starting from level 0, I could get over 250 000 points. When you get that many points, you get to see rockets blasting off into the sky.

Yeah, you get to see the rockets if you surpass 100,000 points. Doesn't matter what level you start from (you can begin at any single-digit level and it won't change until the ten's digit in the number of lines catches up with it...for example if you begin at level 5, you'll stay there until after 59 lines). Of course, I made baby steps at the level I started out with. Ultimately I made it to level 9 to the point where I was comfortable starting there.

Check for new replies or respond here...