inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: remember cinnaburst gum?

Written By: SpaceHog on 12/11/06 at 1:24 pm

The gum with the flavor crystals.

Subject: Re: remember cinnaburst gum?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 1:34 pm

I remember it...I could never chew it though because cinnamon flavor always made me get ulcers in my mouth.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 2:34 pm

Vaguely...

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/06 at 9:17 pm

Oh yeah I remember it.  I loved it, but the cinnamon was quite strong for my tonque  :-\\

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/11/06 at 9:46 pm

didn't they also make mint-a-burst?  I remember it being sort of gritty.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/11/06 at 9:58 pm

oh yeah definitely.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/11/06 at 10:18 pm

I just remembered something about this particular gum. They said that if you chewed the paper along with the gum...that it would be extra burning/cinnamon-y tasting...I tried it once..and it kind of worked! :o 8)

Written By: audkal on 12/11/06 at 11:45 pm

didn't they also make mint-a-burst?  I remember it being sort of gritty.

Yes, there was Cinnaburst, Mint-A-Burst, and my favorite--Fruit-A-Burst. :)

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 12/12/06 at 12:13 am

I actually somehow forgot about this gum, until I watched the R-Rated version of Kingpin on DVD, last year. There's a scene in that version, where Roy goes into a store, and the gum is behind the counter.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/12/06 at 1:04 am

I think it's still around (I got some not too long ago), but not as popularized. I even remember the commercials for it back in the mid '90s, though I forget exactly how they went.

Doesn't it seem like the '90s were big on "snack foods" in particular?

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/12/06 at 4:41 am

Was this the gum with the flavored liquid in the center of the piece of gum? If so, then I do remember it...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 8:38 am

Was this the gum with the flavored liquid in the center of the piece of gum? If so, then I do remember it...

no, this was the kind with the flavor crystals within the stick of gum.

Written By: audkal on 12/12/06 at 4:30 pm

I think it's still around (I got some not too long ago), but not as popularized. I even remember the commercials for it back in the mid '90s, though I forget exactly how they went.

Doesn't it seem like the '90s were big on "snack foods" in particular?

I think Mint-A-Burst and Cinn-A-Burst are still around, but Fruit-A-Burst is totally gone now to my knowledge.  Which sucks 'cause I loved it.  :-http://www.mckandy.com/thumbs/1543

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/06 at 4:43 pm

No,I believe that was Freshen-up gum.

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/06 at 4:44 pm

I just remembered something about this particular gum. They said that if you chewed the paper along with the gum...that it would be extra burning/cinnamon-y tasting...I tried it once..and it kind of worked! :o 8)

Right, I remember that the paper was supposed to be edible.  Never tried it, though.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/14/06 at 7:11 am

I think Mint-A-Burst and Cinn-A-Burst are still around, but Fruit-A-Burst is totally gone now to my knowledge.  Which sucks 'cause I loved it.  :-http://www.mckandy.com/thumbs/1543

Yeah, that didn't occur to me before, but I agree. It's weird, even though there've been Beavis and Butthead-type couch potatoes for quite awhile, young obesity seems more common now than ever. Of course, I think many people are too hard on themselves if they're only, say 20 or 30 pounds overweight (which is no big deal and certainly doesn't make someone unattractive), but going too far the other direction and being dangerously obese, especially if you're like, 13, isn't good either.

There's less food-centered commercials in general now I think. I wonder if that's why ones from the '90s (and earlier decades') seemed more "fun". It's been a long time since I ran like h*ll to the VCR just to tape some commercial like I used to, lol.

Written By: nally on 12/14/06 at 4:55 pm

I remember the TV ads for it, in late 1991/early 1992.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/15/06 at 3:11 pm

I remember it. It was one of my faves. I liked it better than Big Red as it wasn't as strong.

Check for new replies or respond here...