inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OJ In The Slammer!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 11:41 am

Alright, when I was a wee one, I had a set of Pogs with a thick plastic slammer that had a picture of OJ Simpson on it, behind bars, with the words "OJ In The Slammer!" above his head. (Which, thinking back, that's kind of a messed up toy for a child... )

Does anyone remember these?! I can't effing find them anywhere. Just a bunch of random people on random forums, vaguely remembering them.

... Probably what will happen here, too. Meh.

If anyone has this slammer, please leave your name and address, so I can travel as a thief in the night.. >:-}D.

Subject: Re: OJ In The Slammer!

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/31/06 at 11:43 am

XDD I still prefer "OJ in DA slammer".

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 11:49 am

You should post your picture. It was pretty much right on the money. He had a little black and white striped hat and shirt on, and he was frowning. Kinda cute, really..

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/31/06 at 11:53 am

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/boojispud/OJ.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 11:54 am

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/boojispud/OJ.jpg

:D!

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/31/06 at 12:23 pm

I wonder if anybody else will post in this thread...

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 12:25 pm

I wonder if anybody else will post in this thread...

Probably a guest or two. zOMG, perhaps a spider...?! =D

Written By: Brian06 on 12/31/06 at 12:26 pm

I did not have that slammer lol.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 1:21 pm

I did not have that slammer lol.

:\'( 'tis a shame.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/31/06 at 1:23 pm

:\'( 'tis a shame.

I did have a bunch of other cool ones though, they're still somewhere. Those were the days.  :\'(

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 1:26 pm

I did have a bunch of other cool ones though, they're still somewhere. Those were the days.  :\'(

Srsly. I had a big pink tube that I carried them in. I never actually played the game, though. I was a pog poser. A.. Pogger.. .. .. *quickly leaves thread*

Written By: Brian06 on 12/31/06 at 1:28 pm

Srsly. I had a big pink tube that I carried them in. I never actually played the game, though. I was a pog poser. A.. Pogger.. .. .. *quickly leaves thread*

LMAO Me too, cept my tube was like red.  ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/31/06 at 1:29 pm

XDDDD!!! Pog Poser..

:P I just had some, I had no idea what to do with them.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/31/06 at 1:30 pm

XDDDD!!! Pog Poser..

:P I just had some, I had no idea what to do with them.

Pog pozerz unite 4-evar. werd.

Written By: nupur on 12/31/06 at 1:38 pm

hahaha..u could put me in that category. i had a green tube with a maroon colored slammer (still somewhere in my attic probably). i had no idea what to do with them, so i used to just take them out of the tube once in a while and put them in categories by the pictures on them. my brother had the pink tube.  my dad almost threw all my pogs out one day, but thank god, i stopped him before i lost them for good. :D i remember getting a 12-pack of pogs one day. they were sorta shiny with doves on them, my favorites.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/31/06 at 1:39 pm

I still have all my pogs in their book preserved like new. ha.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/31/06 at 9:56 pm

Alright, when I was a wee one, I had a set of Pogs with a thick plastic slammer that had a picture of OJ Simpson on it, behind bars, with the words "OJ In The Slammer!" above his head.

And if you think that's tasteless, you should see the video they did for the remix of "Astley in the Noose". Wonderful stuff :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/01/07 at 1:35 am

I remember the Pogs and the slammers...but I don't remember the OJ in the slammer one! :D ;D

Written By: Without Dane on 01/02/07 at 9:41 pm

What's up everyone.  Just registered.

Anyway, bizarre you should bring up OJ in the Slammer.  I was going through some old trunks a few hours ago and found my stash of pogs.  I have an odd little assortment of OJ pogs as well as the OJ in the Slammer slammer.  Are you referring to one that says "Where's the juice?" on one side with an image of an orange, and has OJ behind bars on the other?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/02/07 at 10:12 pm

Anyway, bizarre you should bring up OJ in the Slammer.  I was going through some old trunks a few hours ago and found my stash of pogs.  I have an odd little assortment of OJ pogs as well as the OJ in the Slammer slammer.  Are you referring to one that says "Where's the juice?" on one side with an image of an orange, and has OJ behind bars on the other?

Yes!! Yes, that's the one. I'm so happy someone remembers it. Oh man.. I miss that thing.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/02/07 at 10:16 pm

So, Without Dane, ol' buddy, ol' pal. Where dost thou liveth??!

...(>:-}D)

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/02/07 at 10:59 pm

So, Without Dane, ol' buddy, ol' pal. Where dost thou liveth??!

...(>:-}D)

:O! You better tell her, she'll bring you lots of joy!

Written By: Without Dane on 01/10/07 at 8:12 pm

My O.J. slammer and I live in Boston.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/10/07 at 10:24 pm

My O.J. slammer and I live in Boston.

Full address, man!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/10/07 at 11:46 pm

I remember the Pogs and the slammers...but I don't remember the OJ in the slammer one! :D ;D

Yeah, I had quite a few pogs and slammers back then, but I don't think I ever had the OJ one. In fact, I actually don't recall ever seeing one.

Written By: Kt on 07/21/07 at 9:07 am

I actually was a HUGE POG playa back in the day.
I have actually
an OJ simpson slammer, made from brass, engraved with him behind bars on one side with a nice slashing a football.
on the back is the infamous oj simpson chase with the cars and it says on the bottom..

collectors edition.

I always kept it, and recently actually thought about "what if I sold it"
it's been years, it's a badass slammer bc not only is it made from brass and heavy...it's like cut like a sun or ninja star.
anyway try that for ya guys.

anyone interested.
kt69n@hotmail.com
title it
OJ SIMPSON SLAMMER POG
and I'll send more info.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/22/07 at 10:07 am

: o

... : o!!!

I might just have to email you about your little jem!

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/22/07 at 11:03 am

: o

... : o!!!

I might just have to email you about your little jem!

Don't fall into it! WHAT IF HE'S A PEDOPHILE!? You're underage, yanno.

Written By: jamie on 11/18/07 at 11:27 am

make me an ofer if u still interested

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/18/07 at 10:11 pm

Fiddy cent!1

Written By: SonnyBurnett on 01/30/08 at 2:50 am

Hey, I know exactly what you're talking about.

I actually found one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-POG-COLLECTION-LOT-58-SLAMMERS-100s-OF-POGS-L-K_W0QQitemZ150209460331QQihZ005QQcategoryZ63658QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's the second to last picture.

Written By: Jackie on 03/05/08 at 10:37 am

Alright, when I was a wee one, I had a set of Pogs with a thick plastic slammer that had a picture of OJ Simpson on it, behind bars, with the words "OJ In The Slammer!" above his head. (Which, thinking back, that's kind of a messed up toy for a child... )

Does anyone remember these?! I can't effing find them anywhere. Just a bunch of random people on random forums, vaguely remembering them.

If anyone has this slammer, please leave your name and address, so I can travel as a thief in the night.. >:-}D.

There is one on Ebay, put in search,  OJ Pog Slammer

Written By: shawna on 06/23/08 at 6:38 pm

i know you sent this like 4 years ago but if you do happen to read this i just wanted to let you know i have one its a metel slammer though..... email me if you want it

Written By: Kathy on 10/13/08 at 11:19 am

I have one of them and thinking of selling it.                                          

Written By: MO on 10/20/08 at 5:40 pm

I HAVE ONE!!! :D  HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH NOW!!!!!

Written By: Paul Brown on 11/04/08 at 9:41 am

I have the OJ slammer pog you are looking for. please e-mail me for info

paulbrown@sympatico.ca

Written By: hololy on 12/05/08 at 12:39 pm

I have one of those slammers it was metal though... i tried to find it today because it fits haha, but no luck yet

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/05/08 at 1:00 pm

You guys should start a Pog Blog!
;)

Written By: danootaandme on 12/05/08 at 1:24 pm

what the hecks a pog?

Written By: karen on 12/05/08 at 1:39 pm

what the hecks a pog?

It was a plastic/metal/card disc about an inch in diameter used to play the game Pogs.  Pog rules

They were banned in many schools because of the fights that broke out over ownership of particularly 'desirable' pogs.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/05/08 at 4:54 pm

It's now offical.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081205/oj_jail_081205/20081205/?hub=TorontoNewHome

Written By: robert on 12/07/08 at 7:11 pm

hay i have one for sale

Written By: Kris on 02/07/09 at 10:47 am

My son has an OJ metal slammer shaped like a saw blade, brass in color, same gender as plastic one, he wants to find value?????

Written By: danootaandme on 02/08/09 at 6:15 am

How come he isn't sharing a cell with Madoff?

Written By: shawna bailey on 02/09/09 at 10:41 pm

Hey to reply to your o.j. simpson pog/slammer search. i do remember pogs infact i still have a few including a o.j. simpson  slammer that is clear plastic with his picture and the words o.j. simpsom on the front with faded bars over the piture and on the back the words say wheres the juice with a picture of an orange and the #32 in the middle of it i must have had it for 15 yrs now id be willing to part with it if you would like it you can email me @ bluntwoman81@yahoo.com

Written By: zachy on 05/13/09 at 11:07 pm

O yea i actually have this slammer for the pogs you almost had it right, on one side its says O.J. IN THE SLAMMER with bars and on the other side it has a picture of him. i must of been like nine years old when i got it at wal-mart for like 1 dollar

Written By: joeman on 05/16/09 at 3:55 pm

Never seen the OJ Slammer pogs, but imo that is funny that there were Pogs that had those.

Written By: mike777777777777 on 07/03/09 at 9:58 am

I still have a slammer made of brass with a picture on the front of OJ that says not guilty (with him smiling) and on the back it has a picture on it of him frowning that says "Guilty". LOL, It was kind of a messed up toy for a kid. If any one wants it, I can sell it to you. My email is badmoon722@yahoo.com.

Written By: RD on 10/08/09 at 10:25 pm

I have a OJ In The Slammer, with his smilling face behind bars " OJ in the Slammer" and on the back it has "" Wheres The Juice", with the number 32 in the middle of a orange,.in perfect condition.
FOR SALE  email rdbrockmaninc@yahoo.com

Written By: Virgil on 11/17/09 at 10:34 pm

I have an OJ Slammer!!! Inmate # 397906?94  im pretty sure a 1995 maybe. anyways ive hade the sucker for 12 to 14 years.  No sheesh. Right in front of me

Written By: kris on 12/02/09 at 6:33 pm

i have one. mines a ninja star variation. it says "guilty ? innocent. got a football that popped with a "boom". him smiling holding on the bars.  then in the slammer. thats the front
on the backits got the white bronco getting chased. it says oj the chase on the bottom it says 8/17/94 collecters edition. its pretty cool actually!

Written By: Karl on 04/02/10 at 7:22 am

If anyone is interested i have the brass ninja star slammer with OJ Simpson on it. Just email me if anyone wants to make a offer on it ill send it to you. I was going through some old stuff and for some reason I kept that for all these years. Any ways let me know!!!!

Written By: Adam on 04/03/10 at 12:16 pm

I have the original Oj thick black Pog if you are interested I am willing to sell

Written By: Rob on 08/22/10 at 8:20 pm

I own one.  It's been sitting unused in my downstairs closet for what like 20 years now.

Written By: karie on 01/14/11 at 12:24 am

hey i do have the oj slammer

Written By: risachi on 04/14/11 at 10:55 pm

I got one for sale possibly..

Written By: Andy on 10/20/11 at 3:41 pm

I totally remember those.

I actually have a brass ripper/slammer with the OJ The Chase on it, stamped collector's edition, 6/17/94

I found it in 1995 on the streets near my house, actually

Written By: Anon on 10/24/11 at 8:37 pm

I had a gold SLAMMER that was serrated on the sides, made to look sort of
Like a ninja star I guess.
It had the "OJ IN DA SLAMMER" one side had him behind bars, frowning.
The other side was his bronco being chased by police cars.
I loved my pogs and slammers.... Until I turned 13, and I transformed my, once beloved, POG tube into a bong and that's about all.

Written By: Angel on 10/25/12 at 3:50 am

hello...i have tht pog in my hand right now...angelpowers@ymail.com

Check for new replies or respond here...