inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst 90s Sitcoms

Written By: Chairman on 01/06/07 at 4:07 pm

Here, in no particular order,r are the worst primetime network sitcoms of the 1990s. I did not include any shows from the WB, or UPN because nobody watched them anyway. 

Blossom- The two things on this show that annoyed the heck out of me were Joey, and Blossoms face.  Why in the hell would anyone want a name or nickname like Six?
Step by Step- Susanne Summer

Subject: Re: Worst 90s Sitcoms

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/06/07 at 4:25 pm

Yeah, I agree on most of those shows. I don't really have whole lot against Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond, because, in all fairness, I haven't seen either show a whole lot of times.

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/07 at 5:43 pm

I like all of those shows

To me, the worst would have to be possibly "Grace Under Fire".  I used to watch it when it was on the air, but now that I watch the reruns, I don't really like it anymore

Written By: Red Ant on 01/06/07 at 7:46 pm

I did not include any shows from the WB, or UPN because nobody watched them anyway. 

LOL! Great list, too. +1 Karma

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/07/07 at 3:20 am

Here, in no particular order,r are the worst primetime network sitcoms of the 1990s. I did not include any shows from the WB, or UPN because nobody watched them anyway. 

Blossom- The two things on this show that annoyed the heck out of me were Joey, and Blossoms face.  Why in the hell would anyone want a name or nickname like Six?
Step by Step- Susanne Summer’s pitiful attempts at expressing emotions , and the fact that they were all packer fans made me hate this show.   
The Nanny- I often wonder how the glass objects on the set of The Nanny stayed in one piece with Fran’s voice. 
Friends- I have never seen an entire episode of this show in my life. But thanks to the 10 years of over exposure I can name all those characters. Why?!!
Anything with Tony Danza- I can’t believe that this guy keeps getting work.  
Caroline in the City/ Suddenly Susan – Everyone involved in these shows can count their lucky stars that our government fails to see their work as a serious health risk and act accordingly by throwing them in jail and burning every episode ever made.  I heard that one of the “actors” from Suddenly Susan committed suicide. The way I see it he made the right choice because if I were him I’d rather die than have to live with the guilt of being involved in such a heinous thing.        
Raymond – Ray Romano is not funny!! I don’t see anything funny about a man who is so whipped by his old lady that he can barely function, and his parents live next door.  In my opinion that is a tragedy. 

I like Raymond as one of the latter-era family oriented/old-school sitcoms. The things you described about TV Ray's life is what gives the show its humor. I also thought Blossom was a cute show.

I'd agree with you about the others, though. I never saw the big deal about Friends either (never watched it much, but it immersed itself into the culture so much, you couldn't help but know about it). I'm shocked that it lasted as deep into the '00s as it did. Back in 1995, I was thinking it wouldn't last past '97ish.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/07/07 at 4:22 am

Friends was only really funny for the first 4 seasons, then it started to suck more and more each season.

Cannot remember Blossom.

Step By Step just seemed like a typical family-oriented sitcom. Nothing to comment either.

The Nanny, well it might've been funny had I actually watched more than 2 minutes before turning the tv off.

Anything with Tony Danza, wasn't he in "Who's The Boss?" *shudder*

Caroline in the City/ Suddenly Susan, both dull, lifeless sitcoms.

Raymond was ok for a while, but I grew tired of it after about season 3.

Written By: zcrito on 01/07/07 at 11:47 am

Written By: Gavino1212 on 01/07/07 at 12:16 pm

Raymond

Written By: zcrito on 01/07/07 at 6:16 pm

Hey! ??? Raymond is a great show!  It greatly exemplifies a book called Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.  It teaches men how not to treat thier wives.  Some great sermons could be culled from material like this!!

"It teaches men how not to treat thier wives".

We've already had 1000 shows like that in the last 15 years alone. Too many men acting like 10 year olds in sitcoms. Enough already.

Written By: tv on 01/07/07 at 8:52 pm

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/07/07 at 11:01 pm

Blossom-  It was ok, right up until the very first and millionth, "a very special episode of Blossom".  ::)

Step by Step-  Cousin Cody was the best thing about the show, everything else was pretty bad.

The Nanny-  No comment.  ::)

Friends-  I actually still like this show, I even have season one and two on DVD.

Anything with Tony Danza-    It's a well know fact, eveything after Who's The Boss, that have Tony Danza in it, sucked.  ::)
Caroline in the City/ Suddenly Susan

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/08/07 at 8:06 pm

Never watched Blossom or Caroline in the City/Suddenly Susan. Never really interested me.

Love Everybody loves Raymond.

Loved Friends. That is up til the end of the 4th season. After they threw Monica and Chandler together, I lost interest. They ruined her character by making her more mean, in my opinion.

The Nanny-- Couldn't watch an episode if I wanted to.  Fran Dresher may be an alright person, but her voice gets to me. Plus that laugh. Never get me in a room with her and the woman who played Janice on Friends.

Never watched anything with Tony Danza except Taxi.

Never watched Step by Step either.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/09/07 at 11:11 am

Consider yourself lucky with the last one.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...