inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need info. on old Nickelodeon show with hollowed out tree

Written By: kimble07 on 01/10/07 at 2:19 am

Hey, I am looking for the name of an old Nickelodeon show that I don't know much about.  I know there was a man who entered into this forest world, and there was a hollowed out tree which I think he used to enter into the world.  Someone else on this site posted about it, and someone replied and said the name of the show was "Mr. Leonard" but I have found no record of that show.  HELP!
I also have the lyrics "Inch worm, inch worm, measuring the marigolds" stuck in my head as some sort of childhood memory.  These lyrics could have been featured on that show with the hollowed out tree or I'm also thinking they could be from a PeeWee Herman movie. 
Please Please respond. 

Subject: Re: Need info. on old Nickelodeon show with hollowed out tree

Written By: saturnianali8r on 02/05/07 at 12:17 am

Maybe David the gnome?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mhaKSv23So&mode=related&search= (I think it has the part you are looking for at the beginning)

Written By: whistledog on 02/05/07 at 12:30 am

It was a Canadian series called "Fred Penner's Place" that ran from 1985-1997

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/383-fred-penners-place/

I am still surprised that it was shown in the USA.  I grew up watching this show, and you know, I'd still love to see the reruns whenever they air on TV :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/07 at 10:06 am

Yep, that is the show.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/07 at 10:11 am

I used to watch that show with Beth when she was little. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...