inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It Was A Good Day

Written By: Derek on 02/09/07 at 11:43 pm

Ice Cube had a great song called "It Was A Good Day", which I believe came out in the latter part of '92.  Anyone else a fan of early 90s rap?  Some great songs came out between '90 and '92.

Subject: Re: It Was A Good Day

Written By: nally on 02/09/07 at 11:47 pm

Early 90's rap? I can't actually say I'm a "fan", per se, but yeah, there were some pretty good rap songs from that era.

Let's see...there was:

"U Can't Touch This" ~ M C Hammer
"OPP" ~ Naughty By Nature
"Baby Got Back" ~ Sir Mixalot

...and more which I will probably think of later.

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/07 at 12:41 am

I used to be a BIG fan of Maestro Fresh-Wes.  I don't think he was a success outside of Canada, but I could be wrong.  Among his big hits were "Let Your Backbone Slide" and "Drop the Needle", both which were hits in 1990

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/10/07 at 1:11 am

Ice Cube had a great song called "It Was A Good Day", which I believe came out in the latter part of '92.  Anyone else a fan of early 90s rap?  Some great songs came out between '90 and '92.
That is a really good song, I actually hadn't heard it until a couple years ago when I got GTA San Andreas and heard it on the soundtrack.

It's actually sampled from a 1978 Isley Brothers song, "Footsteps In The Dark." Which is also a great song.  ;)

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/10/07 at 1:11 am

You know what's funny is that I just heard that song today in the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas game. Since the game is sent in L.A. in 1992, the music that goes along with it includes a lot of early 90's rap and new jack swing.

Written By: Midas on 02/20/07 at 12:16 am

I didn't even have to use my AK.  8)

I dig me some early 90's rap.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/20/07 at 10:47 am

"Messed around and got a triple double"

Yeah, that was a good song.

Written By: Derek on 02/21/07 at 8:33 pm

"Messed around and got a triple double"

And the Lakers beat the Supersonics.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/22/07 at 10:15 am

And the Lakers beat the Supersonics.

haha

Check for new replies or respond here...