inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose and another show?help?

Written By: royrp on 02/15/07 at 2:22 pm

First post on here.  I searched for "Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose" on here and found no mention of it.  Does anyone remember it?  And there is another show I have been trying to think of the name for several years, all I can remember is that it was about a pirate and it may have came on the same channel as "Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose".  Does anyone know what channel it came on or the pirate show I am thinking of?

Subject: Re: Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose and another show?help?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/15/07 at 2:37 pm

Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose?!?  ???

That sounds dirty.  :o :o :o

Written By: royrp on 02/21/07 at 10:06 am

No one remembers Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose?  Maybe it was just on a Nashville station.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/21/07 at 11:03 am

I looked it up on IMDB.com and it seems to have been on PBS. I don't remember this show though.

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/07 at 10:48 am

That name "Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose" does sound very familiar

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/22/07 at 12:31 pm

No one remembers Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose?  Maybe it was just on a Nashville station.
I remember Mrs. Cabobble's caboose.

http://www.badonkadate.com/badonka-jeans.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/07 at 12:40 pm

I remember Mrs. Cabobble's caboose.

http://www.badonkadate.com/badonka-jeans.jpg

That's one hell of a caboose :o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/22/07 at 12:51 pm

That's one hell of a caboose :o
Mrs. Cabobble's got a lot of junk in her trunk.    ;D

Written By: royrp on 02/22/07 at 1:03 pm

haha
She would sing songs and you were supposed to sing along.  I think her name is Fran Powell.

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/07 at 1:08 pm

Mrs. Cabobble's got a lot of junk in her trunk.    ;D

Maybe Mrs. Cabobble's been eating too much Kabob :D

Written By: E.G. on 10/26/07 at 12:13 am

I remember the show. I was 2 in 1986 but I still remember the train going by the house w/ the old people on the front porch, waving. You could tell their arms were being guided by wires b/c it was always the same waving pattern. I can hear the theme song now. It was something about clickety clack, down the track.

It was low budget and it came on Mississippi ETV (Educational Television), I can't believe that someone else remembers the show.

Written By: tanorfleet on 02/21/08 at 12:48 pm

I remember it. I have been trying to find out more about it. She was a nashville local and made the show herself. The 'Professor' made all of the puppets and the props. She did it to educate children about music. It took me a while to figure out what the name of the show was. I was really young but I remember. She toured school and spoke to children in TN, KY, and Mississippi. Maybe some other places too.

Written By: Maggie on 11/22/08 at 1:06 pm

First post on here.  I searched for "Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose" on here and found no mention of it.  Does anyone remember it?  And there is another show I have been trying to think of the name for several years, all I can remember is that it was about a pirate and it may have came on the same channel as "Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose".  Does anyone know what channel it came on or the pirate show I am thinking of?

I use "Mrs. Cabobble's Caboose" videos in my music classes.  She used to come on Nashville Public TV and now I am trying to find her videos.  The closest I have come is KET TV in Kentucky.  Hopefully I will be able to get something from this channel.  She also did "Jellybean Junction".  Not sure about the pirate show.
MH

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/23/08 at 1:21 am

Is this Mrs. Cabobble's caboose?  :o :o :o

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/spoonyice17us1yv.gif

Written By: bwhac on 01/21/09 at 12:34 am

hey, i am from nashville and i totally remember both shows, along with jellybean junction! i don't recall the name of the show with the pirate, but i think, if memory serves, he had an eye-patch and wore a red and white striped shirt... did he befriend a genie? god this brings back memories. 

Check for new replies or respond here...