inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to find some rare songs

Written By: coco_pup on 02/15/07 at 4:25 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to find some very RARE songs both from the 90s which I've been looking for, for quite some time now however, no luck :( The songs that I'm looking for are extremely rare and they are:

1.    Dare to win - SILVIE

2.    Ho Ho - Organiz/Organized Playas (From the movie: "Steal" a.k.a. "Riders")

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me (if possible) as it be nice to finally find these songs.

Kind Regards,
Ellie.

Subject: Re: Trying to find some rare songs

Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 02/24/07 at 6:41 pm

I looked on a site that usually has alot of songs I need...but there was no hope, just a song called Sex appeal by Organized playas..
Perhaps you could download Limewire or Napster to find the songs or get someone who has them to maybe look for you..
That is all I can think.
Sorry I couldn't help more, but I tried.

Peace,

Written By: coco_pup on 03/08/07 at 4:39 pm

Thank-you for looking for me though. I have limewire unfortunately, it does not have these TWO songs I want.  Perhaps, with a bit of luck someone on here may come across one of these songs which would be nice  :) as I've been searching for these songs for ages and ages now.

Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 03/09/07 at 3:09 pm

You'll find them or get them one day, believe me, but please remember to post here if you do.
Ummm...so you've looked in music stores?

Written By: coco_pup on 03/29/07 at 6:52 pm

Yes, will do if I EVER find these songs. No, I guess I could try that what music stores would you recommend that might have the songs I'm looking for?  I'm from Australia would that matter? I assume you would only be able to get them in America or something.

Let me know which music stores and I will try asking them via their website.

Written By: RetroSunnyDays on 04/02/07 at 7:04 pm

Yeah, ya see, I am from UK.
So who knows...and you're from Aus...
Ummm...I don't know if it would matter, I am not sure, perhaps they'd do them in any music store over your way. Try some. I am sure some Australian music stores are the same as American ones, right?

Written By: karen on 04/03/07 at 7:16 am

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to find some very RARE songs both from the 90s which I've been looking for, for quite some time now however, no luck :( The songs that I'm looking for are extremely rare and they are:

1.    Dare to win - SILVIE

Silvie appears to be an Australian artist so you might be better finding an Aus based music board and asking there.  Or a second hand record shop or charity shop.

Written By: Paul on 04/03/07 at 3:11 pm

2.     Ho Ho - Organiz/Organized Playas (From the movie: "Steal" a.k.a. "Riders")

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me (if possible) as it be nice to finally find these songs.

Kind Regards,
Ellie.

As I'm not really a fan of this 'newfangled' sort of stuff, I'm not entirely sure if this would be what you're after...

(You have to click upon the video screen to get it to run...)

I'm also not entirely sure how you'd 'save' this...I suppose you could possibly take a lead from the back of your comp and record it onto a CD/tape...

Written By: coco_pup on 04/26/07 at 6:44 pm

Thanks so much for your help guys. Karen would you be able to recommend a good Aus based music board that I can use? Is there a website for it?

Written By: coco_pup on 04/26/07 at 6:47 pm

I got the Ho ho song thanks to you Paul I clicked on the clip and recorded the song off the site, I used cool edit pro if anyone else wants this one as well let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

Ellie  :)

Written By: karen on 04/27/07 at 5:11 am

Thanks so much for your help guys. Karen would you be able to recommend a good Aus based music board that I can use? Is there a website for it?

You are from Aus so I reckon you would be better at finding one.  I found that information out using Google so maybe try there for starters?

Written By: coco_pup on 05/10/07 at 6:54 pm

Yep, did that still haven't heard from anyone about the song Dare to win yet. If anyone wants the song Ho Ho let me know and I can e-mail a copy of it to you. 

Check for new replies or respond here...