inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is this toy?!?!?

Written By: rachael0564 on 03/01/07 at 5:18 pm

I have been searching for the name of this toy for well over a year. I used to play with it when I was in like second grade, so it was around 97-98. The toy is a stuffed animal. It's like a giant ball of fur, and it was a lot of different colors. There would be splotches of different colors on top of it and some of them were removable. If you took them out, there were little baby versions connected to the fur. Does anybody remember this and know what it's called? Please help me!! This thing is driving me crazy!!! :D

Subject: Re: What is this toy?!?!?

Written By: rachael0564 on 03/02/07 at 2:06 pm

Somebody has to know! Please help me!!

Written By: nupur on 03/02/07 at 2:39 pm

i know what you're talking about! can't remember the name, but i'll go google it right now...

...well, i've searched 4 a while now and havent come up with anything. i do remember that they came in different colors - red, blue, green, etc. and they had spots (i think the blue may have had yellow spots) and some of the spots could be pulled off -- these were the babies.

now the name of it will drive me crazy, too :D...thx a lot

Written By: saver on 03/02/07 at 3:14 pm

Probably not the ones ...but there was something called 'Popples'

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/02/07 at 3:35 pm

Probably not the ones ...but there was something called 'Popples'

I thought it was Popples, until I looked at photos on eBay.  They don't look like what she described.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/07 at 3:36 pm

anything like Furbies?

Written By: rachael0564 on 03/02/07 at 6:38 pm

Nope. And they aren't popples.

Nupur, I've googled for hours. And I posted on YahooQuestions. But nobody knows!! All the people I ask either stare at me like I'm crazy or remember it but don't know the name.

Written By: rachael0564 on 03/06/07 at 2:46 pm

anybody know?

Written By: RollChan1985 on 05/07/07 at 8:46 pm

The toy you are talking about is a Furson.I remember seeing a commercial for these and they looked like Trolls.

Written By: rachael0564 on 05/15/07 at 12:58 pm

I looked up a 'Furson' and can't find anything.

Written By: RollChan1985 on 05/29/07 at 1:14 pm

I just went on Ebay right now and they are selling a Lil' Furson.Here's the pic for you to check out and we finally figured out your mystery toy.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d922b3127cce8acd01cdf4b500000015108AbNWTVyzbt0

Written By: rachael0564 on 05/30/07 at 9:59 pm

Thank you so much!!!
:)
I remember it looking different but that's it! You just made my day, I've been searching for this for almost 2 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...