inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for pics of a mall in cincinnati in the early 1990's

Written By: Lee_Marsh on 03/04/07 at 8:37 pm

This question is really only for people who live in Cincinnati, or who did live in Cincinnati in the early 1990's.

I remember when I was a kid, after church on sunday, my family would go to the Forest Fair mall in ohio (Its Cincinnati Mills now).  It was really popular and had alot of cool things and attractions.  I was pretty young, but I remember some things from it pretty well.  My question is, does anyone have any pics of this mall from the 90's?  back when it was popular?  I couldent find any on goolge (not suprising) so I figured my best bet would be to ask people here.  I wanted to basically get a better look at what all they had back then, and maybe dig up some old memories :P. 

Thanks in advanced to anyone who actually has any.

Subject: Re: looking for pics of a mall in cincinnati in the early 1990's

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/04/07 at 10:15 pm

I can't say personally of course, but it would be cool to talk with anyone who lived in pre1993 Cincinnati on the boards, since they could give a more firsthand perspective on pre-trashy Jerry Springer (he was a mayor, TV news reporter, and that's where his talk show actually started).

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/04/07 at 11:24 pm

Don't know when they were taken, but here is stuff I found at deadmalls.com

http://www.deadmalls.com/malls/forest_fair_mall.html

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/04/07 at 11:34 pm

Here's another:
http://www.culturefreak.com/kidstrap.html

Written By: Lee_Marsh on 03/05/07 at 3:21 pm

thanks!! I didnt know there were pics at the bottom of the page at dead malls :P.  Man, I used to love going there.  I especially remember the cinema (last pic on the page).  I always liked all the lights they had around.  I also remember this one thing they had
it was like a ball that would travel through all this stuff or something.  I have the picture in my head but I dont know how to explain it lol.

thanks for the pics, please post more if you have them!

P.S. (also, does anyone have pics of best buy in the early 90's??  I remember they had that huge nintendo section with that big statue of mario, well, atleast thats what it was like at the one around here, not sure if it was that way else where.)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/05/07 at 10:39 pm

http://re3.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2361476513

Apparently this is a 7 foot high Mario from Best Buy that some kid that worked at BB got when they got rid of the display.  Apparently it ended up on their high school roof as a practical joke.  ;D

Written By: Lee_Marsh on 03/06/07 at 6:02 pm

hehe, man, I miss thouse days.  I used to love going to thouse places and just spending a saturday there. 

nowdays Malls arent even popular.  Heck, most malls lack anything interesting, all they have is some crap like abercrombie or some other gay store =/.  And best buy sucks (atleast around here).  People there dont seem to want to do their job, and they wont even pay any attention to you at the customer service desk, they just stare at you like a deer in the headlights and then walk off like you dont exist.  Man I miss the 90's =/ 

Any other mall pics are welcome too. they dont have to be from just this mall.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/06/07 at 11:16 pm

hehe, man, I miss thouse days.  I used to love going to thouse places and just spending a saturday there. 

nowdays Malls arent even popular.  Heck, most malls lack anything interesting, all they have is some crap like abercrombie or some other gay store =/.  And best buy sucks (atleast around here).  People there dont seem to want to do their job, and they wont even pay any attention to you at the customer service desk, they just stare at you like a deer in the headlights and then walk off like you dont exist.  Man I miss the 90's =/ 

Any other mall pics are welcome too. they dont have to be from just this mall.

just to let you know...there is a section of the boards that has threads about defunct places (it's called, Going, Going, Gone)....and there is actually a thread about defunct malls....you should check it out! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...