inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Critic

Written By: Chairman on 03/06/07 at 12:08 pm

I just bought this on DVD.  I remember when it was on for a short time on ABC/Fox and I saw a few episodes ( I must have been 9-10).  No, this show is not "epic" but I really appreciate how well they spoofed 90s entertainment, pop culture, and politics.  I can see why it did not survive.  This show was on back when The Simpsons was actually funny so it was hard to compete.  The best characters on this show are Jay's parents. John Lovitz is a pretty funny guy ( especially on SNL) and when i  see him reduced to Subway commercials I die a little inside.

Subject: Re: The Critic

Written By: Jessica on 03/06/07 at 1:21 pm

I just bought this on DVD.  I remember when it was on for a short time on ABC/Fox and I saw a few episodes ( I must have been 9-10).  No, this show is not "epic" but I really appreciate how well they spoofed 90s entertainment, pop culture, and politics.  I can see why it did not survive.  This show was on back when The Simpsons was actually funny so it was hard to compete.  The best characters on this show are Jay's parents. John Lovitz is a pretty funny guy ( especially on SNL) and when i  see him reduced to Subway commercials I die a little inside.

It's on DVD?!?!

I have to buy this. I loved that show!

Written By: woops on 03/06/07 at 4:03 pm

I think there was once a crossover episode on "The Simpsons" when Jay Sherman visits them.

I remember the catchphrase "It stinks"

Written By: whistledog on 03/06/07 at 4:04 pm

I think there was once a crossover episode on "The Simpsons" when Jay Sherman visits them.

Indeed there was

Written By: Jessica on 03/06/07 at 5:49 pm

I remember the catchphrase "It stinks"

Yeah, it was the one where they held the film festival and he was a judge.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/07/07 at 10:15 am

I remember this show still.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/11/07 at 10:46 pm

I have always loved this show and I think there may have been a post on here about this show.. It was so funny, I never got around to getting the DVD .. I do remember a couple yrs back, Comedy Central used to play the reruns

Check for new replies or respond here...