inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: do you like lilly was here

Written By: mr crowly on 03/09/07 at 9:57 am

yes for me that really takes me to to the 90s  i  was in primary school then and this was played at discos on a friday night  :)

Subject: Re: do you like lilly was here

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/07 at 11:46 am

Yes

Written By: Henk on 03/09/07 at 4:35 pm

Still like it, although I used to like it more than I like it now. I've probably heard it too many times by now.. :-\\.

Candy Dulfer is Dutch, as you might know, and the tune was originally used in a Dutch movie ("The Cashier"). It was a big hit over here (the tune, not the movie).

Written By: whistledog on 03/09/07 at 4:58 pm

I still like it yes.  I like Candy Dulfer.  She's hot.  I've got a few of her albums and I have 5 copies of her CD single "For the Love of You" (Found it at a flea market, and the lady selling the CDs for some reason had all 5 of them bundled together.  It was only a buck, so what the hell, eh lol)

Written By: Midas on 03/09/07 at 6:13 pm

Still dig that tune and agree, Candy Dulfer is hot.  Saw her perform on tour with Prince a few years ago. 8)

Written By: MLB on 03/15/07 at 9:41 pm

I have the "Pure Moods" compilation and I love that tune. Back then It was on a cassette tape our  Ford Motors Dealership put in our new car so we could use the tape player on the way home.  I still play the cd once every two weeks or so, for that song.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 03/23/07 at 8:55 am

yes

Written By: holicman on 03/30/07 at 9:32 am

Is this the same song by the Eurythmics ?

It was an instrumental.

Written By: K-Bee on 04/05/07 at 12:21 am

"Lily Was Here" was definitely different from the usual 90s hits. A midtempo instrumental track entering the charts was just not normal.

That said, it didn't really represent the usual output from the hands of Candy Dulfer. Her debut album "Saxuality" was a way more funky affair and even had a cover version of Miles Davis "So What" on there. As practically any other saxophonist showing up at the time, she was firmly rooted in the David Sanborn school of playing.

She's been steadily releasing albums of the years (think there must be around 10 now), and she even recorded a set with her father, Hans Dulfer, in 2002 on the Eagle label

Written By: nally on 04/18/07 at 10:25 pm

As a matter of fact...yes! It's one of my favorite instrumentals of all time, I gotta admit.

"Lily Was Here" was definitely different from the usual 90s hits. A midtempo instrumental track entering the charts was just not normal.

You got that right. Of all the songs I remember hearing on the radio in mid-1991, when it was a hit, this one stood out for me, cuz it was instrumental.

Check for new replies or respond here...