inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: looking for title and artist

Written By: voodoo667 on 03/26/07 at 10:51 am

this is a long shot but, does anyone remember a song that i thought was called slip 'n slide.  it had a line that went  'when i was a young girl i want you to play in my world'    I know this is lame and i really have little to go on.  i think it was a female artist sans band and one hit wonder.  maybe 1996-1998ish.

Subject: Re: looking for title and artist

Written By: Midas on 03/28/07 at 7:22 pm

I don't know the lyrics, but was it perhaps "Slip N' Slide" by Tia?  Dance artist, track came out in '95.  Hope this helps.

Written By: voodoo667 on 03/30/07 at 9:55 pm

Thanks,
We were actually on that line of thinking but I still can't seem to find anything on this artist.  I have googled, yahooed, etc.  I'm still trying to find something on her.  If you know of a site, i'd love to know.
thanks again

Written By: Midas on 04/02/07 at 12:32 am

Don't know of any but I know it has that line "When I was a young girl..."

Written By: voodoo667 on 04/02/07 at 11:54 am

thanks a lot for the infor.  i have finally found some sites.
peace
karen

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/30/11 at 10:51 pm

this is a long shot but, does anyone remember a song that i thought was called slip 'n slide.  it had a line that went  'when i was a young girl i want you to play in my world'     I know this is lame and i really have little to go on.  i think it was a female artist sans band and one hit wonder.  maybe 1996-1998ish.

Yep, Midas called it.

"When I was a young girl,
To play was my entire world..."

P47sWQwtmY8

- Debut signle from Tia, Slip 'n' Slide, ca. 1995.

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/11 at 2:07 am

Slip and Slide was a Top 20 hit in Canada.  I remember it like it was yesterday.

Check for new replies or respond here...