inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s Kids

Written By: GameDude2008 on 03/26/07 at 8:26 pm

Do all of you 90s kids miss last decade? I know I do. I am 17, as of now. What was your favorite thing about the 90s and your childhood?

Subject: Re: 90s Kids

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/26/07 at 8:31 pm

Too much to mention, right now.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/07 at 9:13 pm

I don't really miss the 90s that much.  It was all a blur for me

Written By: woops on 03/26/07 at 9:35 pm

I grew up in the 1990's and it was OK

MTV & VH1 still aired videos, though I was more into music from the 1970's & 1980's when I was a teenager later in the decade since The Spice Girls and the overexposure of rap, which went downhill since 1995, on MTV and some prototype reality shows  :P

Written By: GameDude2008 on 03/26/07 at 10:49 pm

Well, you guys are a lot younger than me. The 90s was my childhood--my primetime. I was way better than thr 2000s ever could be. Maybe the 90s will come back again (culture), but with tecnology rising I dought it.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/07 at 10:53 pm

Well, you guys are a lot younger than me. The 90s was my childhood--my primetime. I was way better than thr 2000s ever could be. Maybe the 90s will come back again (culture), but with tecnology rising I dought it.

I saw you mention in another thread that you are 17.  We are all older than you :P

Written By: Brian06 on 03/26/07 at 10:56 pm

Didn't you say you were 17, they're all older than 17 so am I lol.

Anyway, I'm almost 20 and I enjoyed the 90s of course. My prime part of the 90s was more the later half since I was old enough to be mostly conscious of what was going on in the world and stuff at that time. The early '00s were pretty cool to me too, now is just pretty blah.

Written By: GameDude2008 on 03/26/07 at 11:15 pm

Didn't you say you were 17, they're all older than 17 so am I lol.

Anyway, I'm almost 20 and I enjoyed the 90s of course. My prime part of the 90s was more the later half since I was old enough to be mostly conscious of what was going on in the world and stuff at that time. The early '00s were pretty cool to me too, now is just pretty blah.

Yeah, I did. Sorry, I'm younger. I'm pretty sleepy.

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/27/07 at 12:12 am

Yeah, we've discussed this before, but....despite not seeming "old" for their age, the '90s are pretty old-school when you think about it. I don't think it's at all strange to have nostalgia for it. It was mostly pre-Internet, and analog tech such as cassettes, VCRs, and 2-D game systems still reigned supreme. People frequented arcades still, and there were more '80s cars on the road. It also seemed innocent in the sense of it predating the Iraq War and 9/11.

If you count being a kid as under 13, which I'm inclinded to do, then I have credit for the first half of the decade as a "90s kid", still being 12 in most of 1994, so I know what you mean about it seeming like old times. I miss alot of my life from back then too.

Written By: Roadgeek on 03/27/07 at 1:24 pm

Yeah, we've discussed this before, but....despite not seeming "old" for their age, the '90s are pretty old-school when you think about it. I don't think it's at all strange to have nostalgia for it. It was mostly pre-Internet, analog tech like cassettes, VCRs, and 2-d game systems still reigned supreme. Arcades were morey common, and there were more '80s cars on the road. It also seemed more innocent in the sense of it predating the Iraq War and 9/11.

If you count being a kid as under 13, which I'm inclinded to do, then I have credit for the first half of the decade as a "90s kid", still being 12 in most of 1994, so I know what you mean about it seeming like old times. I miss alot of my life from back then too.

I agree.

I too am 17 years old and I consider the mid '90s my favorite time. In like 1994-1996, I was 4-6 years old, but it was awesome.

Written By: Haynsoul on 03/27/07 at 10:20 pm

R.I.P. Nickelodeon  :(

R&B and hip hop was awesome back then too.

Written By: Dave79 on 03/29/07 at 2:47 am

The 90s.. Good times.

--
Dave.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 03/29/07 at 3:15 pm

Everytime I hear an over-played 90's pop song, I mourn the decade. God if only I had a time machine.

Written By: mr crowly on 03/29/07 at 3:59 pm

discos for me  rythem is a dancer  takes me right back  i was born in  82 so 90s was  my decade

snap  ( rythem is a  dancer)

jhon sedaca  another day(with out you)

are two of the songs that makes feel its that decade 

Written By: Hiratsu on 04/30/07 at 2:47 pm

Despite only remembering half the decade, I do miss the 90s. Especially nickelodeon back then. Stuff like the original All That, doug, pre-movie rugrats, all that stuff. I also fondly remember cartoons like animaniacs, pinky and the brain, that history cartoon whose name escapes me, all that stuff. I also remember loving all those boy bands and everything. And when cell phones had extendable antennae. I remember playing with my parents phones all the time. And disney movies rocked in the 90s. And so much more, but you get the idea.

Written By: Silversword55 on 05/31/07 at 11:46 am

I miss Nickelodeon

Check for new replies or respond here...