inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does any one know what toy I'm talking about??

Written By: kittycat on 04/13/07 at 10:20 am

Ok so I have been looking for a message board to ask this question to!! I think this is the perfect one! When I was young about 6 or 7 I'd say so that would put the year around 1993-1994ish...I was a child who had to get something EVERTIME I went to the store. There was always this one toy that I was guaranteed to get (I'm assuming they were cheap) They were tiny hard plastic baby dolls in a...I wanna say purple...bag and you had to put them in water and the bag would either melt away or turn clear  to reveal what the baby looked liked. I believe the babies would sometimes have on tiny, colorful cloth like diapers. Does anyone out there remember the name of these dolls?? Or even remember these dolls??

Subject: Re: Does any one know what toy I'm talking about??

Written By: audkal on 04/13/07 at 1:54 pm

Hmmm... well I do remember having these dolls that had like...white diapers and when you set them in hot water the diapers would turn pink or purple (I forgot which).  Not sure what they were called, and I don't recall them being in a bag that melted away.  ???

Subject: Re: Does any one know what toy I'm talking about??

Written By: karen on 04/19/07 at 8:50 am

Ok so I have been looking for a message board to ask this question to!! I think this is the perfect one! When I was young about 6 or 7 I'd say so that would put the year around 1993-1994ish...I was a child who had to get something EVERTIME I went to the store. There was always this one toy that I was guaranteed to get (I'm assuming they were cheap) They were tiny hard plastic baby dolls in a...I wanna say purple...bag and you had to put them in water and the bag would either melt away or turn clear  to reveal what the baby looked liked. I believe the babies would sometimes have on tiny, colorful cloth like diapers. Does anyone out there remember the name of these dolls?? Or even remember these dolls??

This sounds a little bit like the doll you mention

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/babysurprise.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...