inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: hold on by en vogue

Written By: shaneiscrazy on 04/26/07 at 9:10 pm

this is my fav song from 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsCPhvN0SAk

Subject: Re: hold on by en vogue

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 9:17 pm

man, I almost forgot about that song...I liked it too. They had some good ones! Another one that I really liked was. "Giving Him Something He Can Feel"...that is probably one of my favs too!

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/07 at 9:19 pm

It was a good song indeed, but nothing can beat their 1992 hit "Free Your Mind".  Whenever I hear it, I think of that scene in The Cowboy Way when Woody Harrelson causes a ruckus at that party ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 9:21 pm

man, now I am all in the mood to hear En Vogue songs...*dashes off to download some*

Written By: Brian06 on 04/26/07 at 9:29 pm

I like a number of their songs.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 9:33 pm

ok...now I'm all about making a mix cd of all of those girl groups from the late 80's to mid 90's. Help me guys...so far I have: En Vogue, TLC, Cover Girls, Expose, Sweet Sensation, SWV.....I can't think of anymore for some reason...

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/07 at 9:45 pm

There's been lots of them world-wide, but based on what was popular in the American chart ...

♦ Bananarama
♦ Company B
♦ The Braxtons
♦ J.J. Fad
♦ Zhané
♦ Xscape

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/26/07 at 11:41 pm

There's been lots of them world-wide, but based on what was popular in the American chart ...

♦ Bananarama
♦ Company B
♦ The Braxtons
♦ J.J. Fad
♦ Zhané
♦ Xscape

cool...thanks Jason! 8)

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 04/27/07 at 3:35 am

God, my mom would have this radio show on every day in the morning, when she woke me up for school, and for a few months, it seemed like that song 'Don't Let Go" was always on, when I woke up. It drove me crazy.

Written By: Haynsoul on 04/27/07 at 3:36 am

I loved their song My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It). I think that song is in GTA: San Andreas too.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/27/07 at 5:53 am

man, I almost forgot about that song...I liked it too. They had some good ones! Another one that I really liked was. "Giving Him Something He Can Feel"...that is probably one of my favs too!

I love that song,it's totally THE song for first time lovemaking.

"People out there can understand" ;)

Written By: tv on 04/27/07 at 2:03 pm

En Vogue's version of "Giving Something He Can Feel" was a cover of a Diana Ross song I think.

Intersting about fun about"Hold On": the girl group "Wilson Philips" also had a smash hit with a Song called "Hold On" in the same year as En Vogue did in 1990.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/27/07 at 2:51 pm

It was a good song indeed, but nothing can beat their 1992 hit "Free Your Mind".

I concur.  :)

Written By: Davester on 04/27/07 at 10:51 pm

I like En Vogue...

Funky Divas was among the first CDs I bought...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/29/07 at 6:30 pm

En Vogue's version of "Giving Something He Can Feel" was a cover of a Diana Ross song I think.

Actually, it was Aretha Franklin.

Written By: woops on 04/30/07 at 12:56 am

It's a good song

Though I also  like "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get it)" & "Giving Him Something He Can Feel", which is also a great video  8)

Written By: jens_pinkflute on 05/03/07 at 5:39 pm

Funky Divas I think was their best album, although it didn't have too many song tracks there were a couple good unreleased ones as well as the ones heard on the radio. I liked "Give it up(turn it loose)" .

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/07 at 10:03 am

ok...now I'm all about making a mix cd of all of those girl groups from the late 80's to mid 90's. Help me guys...so far I have: En Vogue, TLC, Cover Girls, Expose, Sweet Sensation, SWV.....I can't think of anymore for some reason...

You've gotta include Mokenstef "He's Mine" any song that begins with 'He might be doing you but he's thinking about me' is an instant classic!

En Vogue also had a great clip of Who's Lovin' You on one of their albums. I think it was the self titled one. I like the song about prejudice "Free Your Mind".  It's pretty right on with the stereotypes. 

I loved that episode of Different World when En Vogue guest starred as Mr. Gaines' wife's nieces and they were all frumpy but wanted a singing career. . . classic

Check for new replies or respond here...