inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody know this song?

Written By: potat_o on 05/02/07 at 7:14 am

First time to this site so sorry if there's another topic out there like this.  But I heard a song yesterday and can't get it out of my head.  There weren't many lyrics in the song, but they repeated stuff like "funky funky" and something like "ditty ditty bop".  It also had horns in it that went like "da da da-da" over and over.  It was more of like a 90's dance/pop song. I know they had a music video too.  Sorry for the limited cheesy details, but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.  - Thanks

Subject: Re: Anybody know this song?

Written By: karen on 05/02/07 at 7:42 am

If you heard it on the radio does the station have a website?  Sometimes they publish playlists there or you can contact them to ask what song it was

Written By: potat_o on 05/02/07 at 7:47 am

If you heard it on the radio does the station have a website?  Sometimes they publish playlists there or you can contact them to ask what song it was

I actually heard it at a bar called Fox & Hound. They have several tapes of music videos they play, but they don't have a list of the song names. Thanks for the tip though.

Written By: karen on 05/02/07 at 7:54 am

A quick Google search found this song

http://www.anysonglyrics.com/lyrics/u/us3/cantaloop.htm

Written By: potat_o on 05/02/07 at 7:56 am

A quick Google search found this song

http://www.anysonglyrics.com/lyrics/u/us3/cantaloop.htm

Thanks a lot for your help!

Written By: karen on 05/02/07 at 7:57 am

no problem, glad to help

Written By: Kyle700 on 05/02/07 at 5:38 pm

Yes, that is "Cantaloop" by Us3.  It reached #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 in March 1994

Written By: Maggie on 09/08/07 at 11:12 pm

Cantaloop was by Us3, but they ripped it off from Cantaloupe Island which is the original jazz verson by Herbie Hancock. Us3 did a faster, jazzier, and probably more popular version, but the original was Herbie. Both are pretty good.

Check for new replies or respond here...