inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best time in music was the 90s

Written By: masterpwn3r on 05/07/07 at 11:45 pm

My favorite band Offspring was hitting mainstream. It was just a punkapalooza the early half. what do you guys like about the 90's?

Subject: Re: Best time in music was the 90s

Written By: ipwn on 05/07/07 at 11:50 pm

go punk!

Written By: masterpwn3r on 05/08/07 at 12:41 am

amen to that! Im freaking obsessed w/ Offspring. how about you what are your bands?

Written By: ipwn on 05/08/07 at 12:52 am

yeah! i love bad religion too!

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/08/07 at 12:54 am

The extended peak of my favorite music is probably 1979-1998, but I agree the '90s had alot of great bands and was probably the last truly diverse time for music. I like most Offspring songs too, especially anything from Americana.

Written By: masterpwn3r on 05/08/07 at 12:59 am

ya Americana is my all time favorite album I love the kids arent alright. I also like Bad Religion

Written By: Boot Camp Buffoon on 05/08/07 at 1:10 am

The Stanksizers were my favourite!  Their 1993 album Rockin' in the park was a righteous

Written By: jens_pinkflute on 05/08/07 at 2:06 pm

oh you're new too.

what do I like about the 90s music? I listened to a bit of everything back then, I don't even know where to begin to list.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/08/07 at 3:53 pm

Well, to be honest, '90s are alright. The '90s was such a big mix of stuff. It was sorta mish-mashing between late '80s style music and then coming into it's own sound (which I think most agree on here that is how most decades started off - having the previous decades style stay for awhile until it began to get it's own unique style of music)

Written By: masterpwn3r on 05/08/07 at 6:45 pm

ya it is better than today's crap lol

Written By: jackas on 05/08/07 at 10:14 pm

There was a lot of good music in the 90s and I guess I prefer grunge and some of the rock from the late 90s.

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are some of my favorite bands from the 90s.

Written By: iPwn on 05/09/07 at 12:16 am

V@GIN@

That got your attention. i like 90s music, i get knocked down i get up again

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/09/07 at 12:58 pm

I sort of agree.

Written By: iPwn on 05/09/07 at 8:39 pm

90s good i\'ll tell you what i want what i really really want

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/09/07 at 9:18 pm

Well, to be honest, '90s are alright. The '90s was such a big mix of stuff. It was sorta mish-mashing between late '80s style music and then coming into it's own sound (which I think most agree on here that is how most decades started off - having the previous decades style stay for awhile until it began to get it's own unique style of music)

That's true, huh? In a way, it was almost even more varied than the core '80s, just with all the different styles co-existing. When else would you have Snoop Dogg and Michael Bolton charting at the same time? ;D

I've thought about the late '80s presence too - like 1986/'87 to 1996 almost could've been a musical decade. For instance, the slow jam stuff like Atlantic Starr sorta lived on with something like "Nobody Knows" by The Tony Rich Project.

Written By: bdub on 05/13/07 at 5:31 pm

My favorite band Offspring was hitting mainstream. It was just a punkapalooza the early half. what do you guys like about the 90's?
>:( Dude, music was the best from hardcore to alt to rap to hip hop to dance.  even that pop stuff was great.  Life has sucked for this gen Xer since 2001.  Thanx Bush!! >:(

Written By: whitney brooks on 05/18/07 at 10:21 am

the 90's were the best time for me cause i was young and didnt know what my life would be like! Plus The fact that Sublime was always on the radio

Written By: Tigerghost on 05/18/07 at 9:31 pm

I pretty much like anything in music from 1968 to today, but the prime of music for me was truely the music of the 1990s...

My music on my MP3 Player basically captures all of 90s Alternative Rock -

Green Day, Offspring, No Doubt, Bad Religion, Buckcherry, Collective Soul, God Lives Underwater, Veruca Salt, Nirvana, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Live, Alanis Morisette, Sheryl Crow, Barenaked Ladies, Bare Jr., Ben Fold Five, Better Than Ezra, Beck, Bif Naked, Blur, BoDeans, Blessid Union of Souls, Bush, Cake, Candlebox, Cardigans, Chris Issak, Chumbawamba, Citizen King, Cracker, Cranberris, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Creed, Dave Mathews Band, Dionne Farris, Deep Blue Something, Dovetail Joint, Duncan Sheik, Eagle-Eye Cherry, Elastica, Eve 6, Everclear, Fastball, Filter, Flys, Foo Fighters, Fuel, Garbage, Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Harvey Danger, Hole, Incubus, INXS, Jimmy Ray, Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz, Lit, Liz Phair, Local H, Marcy Playground, Melissa Etheridge, Mathew Sweet, Meredith Brooks, Metallica, Morrisey, Natelie Imbrugilia, Nine Inch Nails, Oleander, Our Lady Peace, Presidents of the USA, Radiohead, Refreshments, Republica, Semisonic, Savage Garden, Seven Mary Three, Shades Apart, Silverchair, Sister HAzel, Smashing Pumpkins, Soul Asylum, Spin Doctors, Stabbing Westward, Staind, Sugar Ray, Sublime, Third Eye Blind, Tonic, Train, Transister, U2, Urge, Vertical Horizon, Wallflowers, Verve Pipe, Zebrahead, Pearl Jam

I miss the 90s...  :\'(

Written By: goodwin on 05/21/07 at 1:13 am

you guys are mad. oasis was by far the best band of the nineties

Written By: jackas on 05/21/07 at 1:16 am

you guys are mad. oasis was by far the best band of the nineties

>:(

or

:D

Check for new replies or respond here...