inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Editors DESPERATELY needed for inthe90s

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/19/07 at 8:31 pm

I'm looking for people who are willing to review the new submissions sent in to the 90s site, inthe90s.com

It's relatively easy, and is complete done within your browser (no need for extra software).  What you do review the stuff submitted in the forms for a particular page on inthe90s.com.  If the section is Christmas Music, you will log into a special editing page, that shows you the oldest waiting entry about Christmas Music that someone entered into the form on the Christmas section.  You then make sure it's not already listed, and maybe hit a button to clean up the capitalization of the names, and fix spelling errors and hit a submission button.  If it doesn't belong, hit delete.

How often do you need to review entries? As often as you like.  Once a week is fine, more frequently is better.

What do you get?  It's not a paid position (sorry!), but you do get a new role on inthe00s and access to a couple messageboards only available to moderators and editors here at inthe00s.

http://www.inthe90s.com/editors/editor.html

Any of the unassigned pages are available except for the time lines which don't need an editor.

Subject: Re: Editors DESPERATELY needed for inthe90s

Written By: Tia on 05/19/07 at 9:31 pm

the 80s? or the 90s? i'm pretty good with the 80s, but i just lived through the 90s, is all.

i'll pitch in, if you want. i've been craving mod status since i recently abdicated it in a rather fractious fracas i believe we all recall.  ;D lemme know if you want me to help, i figure you know me well enough to know nothing will pass under my inthe00s radar for much more than a day or two...

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/07 at 2:33 pm

the 80s? or the 90s? i'm pretty good with the 80s, but i just lived through the 90s, is all.

i'll pitch in, if you want. i've been craving mod status since i recently abdicated it in a rather fractious fracas i believe we all recall.  ;D lemme know if you want me to help, i figure you know me well enough to know nothing will pass under my inthe00s radar for much more than a day or two...

if you want, I do have some pages on inthe80s without editors still.

http://www.inthe80s.com/editors/editor.html

send me a PM with a username and password you would like to use, along with which sections you'd like to take over.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/07 at 9:40 pm

still looking for editors for inthe90s... there must be some people out there that enjoyed the decade.  it's 7 years gone now, I started inthe80s when the 80s were only 5 years gone (in 1995) so I know there's gotta be some 25 year olds out there that remember the time before 9-11 "changed everything"

Written By: Max Power on 05/31/07 at 9:51 pm

Where do you sign in?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/31/07 at 10:07 pm

Where do you sign in?

Just send me a username and password you want to use (can be the same as inthe00s, but you still have to tell me what it is).

this is the current list of assigned/unassigned sections
http://www.inthe90s.com/editors/editor.html

pick a couple you think you'd be interested in.

Written By: Cloudburst on 06/09/07 at 7:59 pm

I would volunteer, but I'm new.
No tenure to speak of!!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/07 at 9:29 pm

I would volunteer, but I'm new.
No tenure to speak of!!!

hang around a couple weeks, if you like hanging out here in a month ask me, I'm sure there will still be lots to do, inthe90s got a bit over looked by in the past few years.

Written By: Eye_of_Thundera on 09/01/07 at 4:50 am

You filled those editor positions yet, Chucky?  Not only did I live through the 90s but I'm young enough to still remember a lot of the stuff that came from it.  What's more, I still have a lot of my old childhood toys stashed up in the attic.  :D ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/01/07 at 6:58 am

You filled those editor positions yet, Chucky?  Not only did I live through the 90s but I'm young enough to still remember a lot of the stuff that came from it.  What's more, I still have a lot of my old childhood toys stashed up in the attic.  :D ;D

I can always use more editors on all the decade sites.  send me a personal message and I'll give you a list of open pages right now.

Check for new replies or respond here...