inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: fashion

Written By: bigrene2 on 05/23/07 at 2:39 pm

What was the fashion for girls/women in 1994?  :)

Subject: Re: fashion

Written By: bigrene2 on 05/24/07 at 7:40 am

Anyone?

Written By: Duracell on 05/24/07 at 12:30 pm

Hey :)

I was just a little kid in 1994, but to my understanding, the Rachel haircut from Friends that Jennifer Aniston wore was the new trend. From 1989 to 1993 women would tease their hair, either as perms or straight or straight with high bangs.

Bright colors for shirts were in. If you want to learn about women\'s fashion in the mid 90s, watch Clueless. :)

-Duracell

Written By: bigrene2 on 05/24/07 at 12:48 pm

thanks!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/24/07 at 5:07 pm

I was 12 at the time, but I was somewhat into certain trends. I remember that was the year Old Navy became popular and I bought some clothes from them. Styles I remember are striped ribbed sweaters, flannels, basic pastels in the form of turtlenecks and tanks. Wearing designer T-Shirts were big - especially if you were following the crowd at school where I was living, there were T-Shirts called Homey's or something like that and I ended up buying. I actually never wore it. I remember I use to buy lip liner made by Wet n' Wild and they were sorted by number and the one I always bought was #666. Pretty bad, lol. The thing we use to do was just put lip liner all over the lips, then use a gloss to spread it over - lol I guess that's pre-teens for ya! My hairstyle was rather boring in 1994. I had bangs and brown hair. I had no special haircut.

Check for new replies or respond here...